Adobe Flash won't download, but do I need it?

DunnroaminDunnroamin Posts: 2,437
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Virtually every time I turn on my computer, I get a reminder to download Adobe Flash Player. Clicking on the download button and deselecting the offer to install Google Chrome, a window opens showing two Security Warning Dialogue boxes: (a) File Download - Security Warning, with options to to RUN, SAVE or CANCEL and (b) Internet Explorer - Security Warning, with options to RUN, DON'T RUN. These boxes are not active and are just examples of active boxes that are supposed to appear when the Download Now button is pressed (except they don't appear). I have tried pressing the Adobe Flash Player download button, but nothing happens. I've tried turning off the Web protection, as suggested but, aside from putting my computer at risk, nothing happens, so finally I abort any attempt to download, and switch my web security back on. Until, that is, the next time I boot up, when, once again, I am reminded of how beneficial Adobe Flash Player is and how many millions of devices use it, at which point, I go through the whole procedure again...... but do I need to, just what benefit would I, or my computer derive from installing this software (assuming that ever becomes possible).

Comments