Katherine Jenkins Why does she attract such negative press

PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
Forum Member
I have noticed that Katherine Jenkins attracts the most hated status by the press. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2310871/Margaret-Thatcher-funeral-Did-Katherine-Jenkins-far-low.html

The DM slates her for having an inappropriate low cleavage at Maggies Funeral, then in the comments some slam her for betraying the Welsh miners and others slam here for being stuck up stating;

" cant stand the woman and yes much to low for a funeral,spoke to someone once who knew her and said she is a nightmare to work with,all me me me and thinks she is royalty herself!!! "

I have to say I have to agree with those who dont really like her and the way she gets on, especially IMO shes not even a good singer but would go to the opening of an envelope and a true believer in her own publicity.

Is this justified or is she really nice?

Comments

• darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She butchered "Bring me to life", so yes is justified. I don't have a problem with the cleavage tho. :D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,491
    Forum Member
    She'll never quite live down "I definitely didn't have an affair with David Beckham. Even though none of you mentioned it, I definitely didn't. No siree, not me. I didn't even think about having an affair with David Beckham"
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares what the miserable cretins on the DM website say about anything?

She's pretty, she's rich & she's got a good voice.
  • YijanYijan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Probably because her surname is the same as Leroy's...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno but in the operatic world she is not very highly regarded. As my dad calls it, Popera.
  • macsmurraymacsmurray Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not a cleavage it's a skiffle board.
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno but in the operatic world she is not very highly regarded. As my dad calls it, Popera.

She's not technically an opera singer...

There seems to be a big market for popera, so why not?
  • spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People envy her beauty & talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has a medicore mezzo voice. If you want to hear a genuine mezzo, listen to Frederica von Stade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christa wrote: »
    She's not technically an opera singer...

There seems to be a big market for popera, so why not?

Why not indeed. Even better it pishes off the purists, like my old man off:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because she's Welsh. Many English people are notoriously anti-Welsh. Just look at Neil Kinnock and the way the press went after him for being Welsh, largely contributing to his election loss.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's female.
  • LurkingGoodLurkingGood Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jealousy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They hate her because she's Welsh.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Because she upset Posh Spice
  • GinaHGinaH Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She likes showing her baps off in public. She looks great and has nice puppies, but there is a time and a place for sticking them under peoples noses. A funeral is not one of those places.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's annoyingly perfect and we love to bring people like that down a peg or two. Her funeral outfit looks fine to me though.
  • YijanYijan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    She's annoyingly perfect and we love to bring people like that down a peg or two. Her funeral outfit looks fine to me though.

ah. I see...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she ever even recorded Voi Che Sapete from Figaro, possibly the most famous mezzo aria ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she is pretty and talented and some people perceive that as a threat IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Because she upset Posh Spice

Surely that works in her favour?
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The outfit was fine, it's the horrible brassy blonde hair dye. She would look so much nicer reverting to her natural brunette hair colour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is beautiful and has enough talent to be a good amateur classical singer, in the same way she was a good amateur dancer on Dancing with the Stars. But she falls well short of the standard of a professional.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks like a Thunderbirds puppet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I was amazed she was invited to the funeral in the first place. Saw her in the paper & just thought, 'Why is she there?'
    She could've worn something with a higher neckline & still looked good- she's not onstage!