BRIT awards! Taylor Swift wins Most Effective Succubus

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
Forum Member
Here is a piece of journalism about the upcoming BRIT awards. One has to pimp one's amateur journalism somewhere.

The whole show looks like the worst one yet, so it should be great viewing.

http://tunewaffle.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/britawards2013/

It's got pictures! Including an artist's impression of 2014's statuette designed by Tracey Emin.

Tune Waffle

Comments

• ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. :D I completely agree that Marina deserved a nomination and that Jake Bugg is an idiot.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    That article is spot on and I agree that Marina should have been nominated
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I love your article.
  • pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant - I needed a laugh :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marina didn't deserve a nomination - if it weren't for here I'd have no idea she actually did anything this year.

although saying that I have no idea who bat for lashes even is and the fact that Jessie ware is nominated for anything is laughable.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marina didn't deserve a nomination - if it weren't for here I'd have no idea she actually did anything this year.

although saying that I have no idea who bat for lashes even is and the fact that Jessie ware is nominated for anything is laughable.

So your basis for this is not merit based but based on if you know them or not.

Jessie Ware is far and abvove one of or most talented females and is being snubbed in favour of Emeli Sande and the like as she hasn't the huge sales. This years Brits will be laughable indeed.
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Although I love Bat for Lashes album too the article makes a good point that Marina's album and singles were actually more successful than Bat For Lashes' both in the UK and internationally. I think Bat For Lashes is more indie or cool though hence she was nominated over Marina.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a rubbish article because, like alot of deluded people on this forum, you're under the impression that nominations should be based on popularity.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Marina/Taylor Swift lovefest in that article was pretty unbearable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    Nice. :D I completely agree that Marina deserved a nomination and that Jake Bugg is an idiot.

BIB - agreed.
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swift was terrible on the Brits. Song with nowt in it went on for what seemed like hours. You can always tell a song is sub standard when there is a plethra of dancers/performers alongside the artist to take your mind off the dire tune on offer.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swift was terrible on the Brits. Song with nowt in it went on for what seemed like hours. You can always tell a song is sub standard when there is a plethra of dancers/performers alongside the artist to take your mind off the dire tune on offer.

i disagree, for the first time i actually liked something she did. it was mostly mimed im sure but i thought it was a good performance.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member

Not forgetting the LOUD vocal backing track she was mumbling along to during most of the song.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    icanboogie wrote: »
    i disagree, for the first time i actually liked something she did. it was mostly mimed im sure but i thought it was a good performance.

Her fans will state that old chestnut 'she was singing live' because, technically, she was :rolleyes:. Singing live and quietly to a very loud vocal backing track. :p
  • LMLM Posts: 63,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was trying to be sexy. Not only has changed her style of music, but it seems she is sexing up her image. Why is she being something she isn't

Change style of music so it's more generic - Pass
    Sexy image - Pass
    Dating someone from a big boyband and breakup and then inspire new songs - Pass

All she needs to do is do a sex tape, have nude photos "accidentally" make twitter and be caught with no knickers on, and before we know it, she will never be out the tabloids.

She's gone from being America's country sweetheart, to a genetic unlikeable overexposed popstar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she put on a wonderful performance, more entertaining than boring Ben Howard.