The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
Forum Member
Well since people were asking for it, here's a new thread for Grand Theft Auto V, where you can talk about the game during and post release! We're in the final week now so not long to go but some of you MIGHT get a hold of the game earlier, in that case the only additional rule for this thread is to make sure anything related to the games storyline or easter eggs are put into a SPOILER tag and that you let others know what kind of spoiler it is (e.g. STORY Spoiler, Don't click unless...), apart from that, play nice and I hope you all will enjoy the game! :)

Comments

• boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Ordered my PS3 GTAV pack from game with Last of Us and Breaking Bad for £185. First console I've bought since Game Cube. Can't wait.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You never answered me on the other thread...
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    I think the reviews are going out on the 16th, so all of you attending a midnight launch will have something to read on your smart phones and tablets whilst waiting in line. :p
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Did you not push for a review copy for your website? Not that you'd want to admit anything here, hahaha :D I considered it but the site I write for is predominantly fantasy based so I didn't bother...
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point in having to use spoiler tags in here as well?

Why not just have this thread a free for all?
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »

People at different stages. Some might rush through the missions, some might just go free-roam, some may do the side missions etc.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, it's a public forum so folk can do what they want to, really. I'm sure folk first mentioned having an official thread so spoilers wouldn't be needed, possibly also why people were waiting until release to start the thread.
    Generally can't keep everyone happy all the time were spoilers are concerned, though.
    Forum Member
    Ugh spoliers. just start a spoiler thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any news on the price. game will prob charge as much as they can. but what about tesco or asda
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supermarket prices will no doubt come out Friday or over the weekend into Monday.

GAME will charge £45 I reckon... its £40.99 on their website, so wack on a few extra quid for in store
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 Weeeek!!!!!!!!! :D:):D:):D
  • Ross1874Ross1874 Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is £35 on amazon just now if I preorder now and the price goes up between now and the 17th which will I be charged?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Ross1874 wrote: »
    it is £35 on amazon just now if I preorder now and the price goes up between now and the 17th which will I be charged?

You'll be charged the lowest amount that the game is listed at between now and the release date. So if £35 is the lowest it goes, then that's what you'll be charged, regardless of whether it goes up in price between now and the 17th.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or simply start a "GTA V: Official Spoilers Thread" instead?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this thread about a week early?
  • Titan9Titan9 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was one of the lucky ones who preordered from Tesco for £30 (£10 off voucher) + 500 CC points.

Hopefully I receive it on launch day.
  • BlackSkyukBlackSkyuk Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    TV ad should be on tonight at Half Time in the Ukraine v England game. ITV/ITV HD
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Saw the TV ad last night on channel 4 during that programme 'Blackout'. Can't wait!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to get this and play it, though it will be hard splitting my time between Final Fantasy XIV and GTA V admittedly.
    Forum Member
    Sarah_Mary wrote: »
    Can't wait to get this and play it, though it will be hard splitting my time between Final Fantasy XIV and GTA V admittedly.

...and Rome 2 and BF4... Damn you time!!!

(Having a blast in FF14 :D)
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Surprised he review embargo is so late for this.

ShopTo are starting to charge cards today and say will be dispatched afterwards in time for the 17th. On previousTuesday releases I have had game as early as Saturday so it's a possibility.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprised he review embargo is so late for this.

ShopTo are starting to charge cards today and say will be dispatched afterwards in time for the 17th. On previousTuesday releases I have had game as early as Saturday so it's a possibility.

Do you have much experience with ShopTo as that's were I have GTA ordered and I am now starting to worry I wont get it on release day because of our crappy post system. Its been a long time since I preordered a game due to the postal system so I am hoping I have not made a mistake.

On the subject of spoilers I hope we can have two thread running for this game. One for general gameplay / radio station / fun things type discussion (All spoiler free) and another for story discussion for those wanting that type of thing.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Do you have much experience with ShopTo as that's were I have GTA ordered and I am now starting to worry I wont get it on release day because of our crappy post system. Its been a long time since I preordered a game due to the postal system so I am hoping I have not made a mistake.

On the subject of spoilers I hope we can have two thread running for this game. One for general gameplay / radio station / fun things type discussion (All spoiler free) and another for story discussion for those wanting that type of thing.

A story discussion would require everyone to be playing at the same pace or that too would turn into a spoiler thread.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »

Yeah quite a lot. I've never had a game late from ShopTo, nor even on release day, always before.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    A story discussion would require everyone to be playing at the same pace or that too would turn into a spoiler thread.

I was meaning a spoiler free thread and a spoiler thread.
    Yeah quite a lot. I've never had a game late from ShopTo, nor even on release day, always before.

Thanks, sounds good. At least put my mind at ease a bit that I should have it release day. Not going to get my hope up for an early arrival but that would be amazing if it happened.
  • BobbyNoMatesBobbyNoMates Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's been posted yet, but apparently this is the map...

http://www.behindgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/MDRCIle.jpg
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's been posted yet, but apparently this is the map...

http://www.behindgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/MDRCIle.jpg

Hate to say it but.... the city looks tiny :( look at all them little islands though :)