Options

Perez Hilton

Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A few years ago I used to love going on the Perez Hilton website for my showbiz gossip fix but I went off it when the website layout changed. I have just been back now to see if it's any better and it is appalling! Anyone else used the website at all?

Comments

• Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I used to visit it a few years back but then I discovered Dlisted and never went back. Does he still do those silly tippex scrawls on the photographs? I think he tries very hard to be funny but fails miserably, in fact I find Perez pretty irritating and unfunny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    The man is absolutely reprehensible. It makes me sick that so many celebrities seem to kiss his arse these days, considering some of the absolutely despicable things he has said and done in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I used to visit it a few years back but then I discovered Dlisted and never went back. Does he still do those silly tippex scrawls on the photographs? I think he tries very hard to be funny but fails miserably, in fact I find Perez pretty irritating and unfunny.

Oh yeah I forgot about Dlisted, will check that out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vdp2791 wrote: »
    The man is absolutely reprehensible. It makes me sick that so many celebrities seem to kiss his arse these days, considering some of the absolutely despicable things he has said and done in the past.

He seems to suck up to them as well now, mind you I'd be surprised if any of the content comes from him these days
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hateful, bigoted little man.

DListed is a trillion times funnier - I haven't bothered with Perez in years.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vdp2791 wrote: »

I agree, he is a vile man. Him releasing those naked photos of Jennifer Lawrence shows he hasn't changed. His is disgusting and hideously bitchy, and the fact he used to spitefully out gay or bisexual celebrities sums him up >:(
  • Options
    ARYMARYM Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is even annoying just to look at !
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His site is awful and he is vile. Does anyone still consider him relevant in any way? The man makes my skin crawl, always has.
  • Options
    J-StarJ-Star Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    He used to harp on about how lady gaga was such a close friend of his ... went very quiet on that front didn't it? ^_^
  • Options
    WutheringWuthering Posts: 1,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-Star wrote: »
    He used to harp on about how lady gaga was such a close friend of his ... went very quiet on that front didn't it? ^_^

Not before he totally destroyed Christina Aguilera's career with one of the nastiest hate campaigns I've witnessed. His behaviour toward her was sickening.
  • Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His outing of gay and bi people is disgusting. Just because someone is famous for being in the field of an art doesn't mean their private life should be public knowledge. The only people who should out someone, famous or not is the person themselves. Maybe friends could talk in private the merits of being free and telling folks but nothing else imho.

PJ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wuthering wrote: »
    Not before he totally destroyed Christina Aguilera's career with one of the nastiest hate campaigns I've witnessed. His behaviour toward her was sickening.

Oh I didn't know this, what did he do?
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy could stand next to a gay person at a bash and not know it, yet will write nonsense that gets sent to him and his team from dubious sources. He has certainly thrown lesser celebs under the bus in his day to cover for those higher up, and has held civilians up for public scrutiny for looking different or being of a certain weight or dress.

It was some years ago and I dunno if anything's changed with Perez. Never visit these days. Has he stopped scrawling on his pics with spunk pen yet?

Since he started ladder climbing with his friend Lainey the Canadian blogger he seems to have 'behaved' a bit more I believe. He probably has a team write for him now, bit more money sloshing round via all those adverts onsite and saying the 'right' things for the 'right' people, lol. Dude should write for the Fail...
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I used to love visiting all of the gossip sites, with Perez being a regular stop. I never particularly loved his writing style, but it was often vaguely interesting and snarky and in the time before twitter got going a place to pick up gossip and people's views.

However a few years ago his posting seemed to get increasing personal, nasty and even slightly deranged sometimes to the point where it wasn't funny. It was all very odd. I remember one post on (I think) Jamie Lee Curtis which was so vicious it was crazy. That, and to (awful PIA ads which spoil a lot of sites) put me off altogether.

I wasn't even aware his site was still going. I think that perhaps it was hubris which brought him down, he got kind of famous himself for a while and Perez started to believe his own hype.

I still love Michael at D Listed though..
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never bought into his hype, didn't even realise his site was still going.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael at D Listed is ace. Particularly love those Prince Hot Ginge articles.
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    His outing of gay and bi people is disgusting. Just because someone is famous for being in the field of an art doesn't mean their private life should be public knowledge. The only people who should out someone, famous or not is the person themselves. Maybe friends could talk in private the merits of being free and telling folks but nothing else imho.

PJ

Exactly. If people want to come out it is up to them. He has absolutely no right to do it for them. It's a big deal for people and they should do it on their own terms. He is just vile in general, such a horrible man. I bet a lot of celebs only hang out with him in the hope that he won't write awful things about them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Wuthering wrote: »

This was the reason I quit his website. He was just horrific to her. Then when he fell out with Gaga, he did exactly the same thing to her, and then started promoting Aguilera's previous albums! He's such a turd.
  • Options
    casualtyno1fancasualtyno1fan Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone saying DListed is so much better.

And as for Perez Hilton himself... odious thing. Does anyone remember that time where he made T-shirts like three days after Heath Ledger died with the caption 'Why couldn't it have been Britney that died'? (This was around the time Britney got sectioned). Vile inside and out.
  • Options
    Forum Member

And as for Perez Hilton himself... odious thing. Does anyone remember that time where he made T-shirts like three days after Heath Ledger died with the caption 'Why couldn't it have been Britney that died'? (This was around the time Britney got sectioned). Vile inside and out.

That's awful!
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He's not even funny.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually used to read his blog many years ago, (I was a teenager at the time, that is the only defense I have.)

Two posts really stuck with me. Firstly he had the audacity to call Adam Sandler's daughter fat, bare in mind she was 2! Secondly he created an utterly vile post, which can be summerised as 'Look at Madonna's daughter Lourdes. How dare this child go out without plucking her eyebrows. Lets all point and laugh at this hideous hairy monster'. She can't have been more then early teens at the time. I was aghast and have not been back.

Slimy toad.