Susan Boyle's New Christmas Album

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
The new album "Home For Christmas" will be released in the UK on November the 25th

1 O Come, All Ye Faithful (Duet with Elvis Presley)
2 The Lord's Prayer
3 Little Drummer Boy (Featuring The Overtones)
4 I'll Be Home For Christmas
5 When A Child Is Born (Duet with Johnny Mathis)
6 The Christmas Song
7 I Believe In Father Christmas
8 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
9 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
10 The Christmas Waltz
11 In The Bleak Midwinter
12 Miracle Hymn

This is her second Christmas album, don't know what Simon and her Management are thinking.........

Comments

• boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new album "Home For Christmas" will be released in the UK on November the 25th

1 O Come, All Ye Faithful (Duet with Elvis Presley)
    2 The Lord's Prayer
    3 Little Drummer Boy (Featuring The Overtones)
    4 I'll Be Home For Christmas
    5 When A Child Is Born (Duet with Johnny Mathis)
    6 The Christmas Song
    7 I Believe In Father Christmas
    8 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
    9 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
    10 The Christmas Waltz
    11 In The Bleak Midwinter
    12 Miracle Hymn

This is her second Christmas album, don't know what Simon and her Management are thinking.........
    Its pretty obvious what Simon & co are thinking....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody and their mom is putting out a Christmas album this year. Mary J Blige(exited about this one), Ariana Grande, Tamar Braxton, Mariah's is sure to resurface 19 years on, Buble will probably take the Christmas crown again this year, and I'm sure I'm missing a few more.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The awful Leona Lewis is releasing a christmas album as well isnt she? Although theyll probably delay it until February or something.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    If she released a pop album It wouldn't sell much because no radio support, her music is in the high level of AC and AC radios play to they core audience now. It's not like it was in the 70s and 80s.
    So releasing a Christmas album was the right thing to do for her, just to keep her name out here. Could go 1xP in the UK and maybe 700/800k in the US. Again no radio support, that's why they are releasing no single because they know it won't be played.
    Kelly Clarkson will sell more in the US, she gets radio play.
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member

Obviously trying to keep up the hype however longer it's going to last.

If only they'd give Susan a bit of control on an album, have a bit of input.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    Obviously trying to keep up the hype however longer it's going to last.

If only they'd give Susan a bit of control on an album, have a bit of input.

That's what I think. This smacks of cash cow. Has every album Susan has done been a covers album or have there been any original songs at all?
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    That's what I think. This smacks of cash cow. Has every album Susan has done been a covers album or have there been any original songs at all?

There were Japanese bonus songs on then first two albums but I don't think that counts.

The third album had a few originals, written for her. That's pretty much it.
  • marc822marc822 Posts: 3,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh really, who is going to buy this tosh, shes had her 5 minutes of fame, its only grannies that like the boyle now and this will flop.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Her fans think this will sell more than 4million world wide this year and even top her 1st album sales of 10million.

They have no clue, her audition sold her 1st album and it isn't going t happen again.
    Even think she will have a #1 single in the US lolololololololololol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Her fans think this will sell more than 4million world wide this year and even top her 1st album sales of 10million.

They have no clue, her audition sold her 1st album and it isn't going t happen again.
    Even think she will have a #1 single in the US lolololololololololol
    LOLOLOLOL! No, her fans DON'T think this will sell more than the first CD. One person might have said that, so PLEASE don't lump all of them together based on one ridiculous comment.
    As for her having a #1 single anywhere, of course she won't, they won't release a single in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    marc822 wrote: »
    Oh really, who is going to buy this tosh, shes had her 5 minutes of fame, its only grannies that like the boyle now and this will flop.
    It's only children who buy Bieber and One Direction, but as long as people buy, who buys doesn't matter. And geez, she's had a pretty long 5 minutes, wouldn't you say? I love when people make that idiotic statement, by now you'd think that people would realize how foolish it makes them. Too funny.
  • NScotNScot Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    KathyM wrote: »
    LOLOLOLOL! No, her fans DON'T think this will sell more than the first CD. One person might have said that, so PLEASE don't lump all of them together based on one ridiculous comment.
    As for her having a #1 single anywhere, of course she won't, they won't release a single in the first place.
    Just goes to show how much you really know, any song that can be bought in a digital format can enter the charts in most countries. They don't have to be released as a single.
    Just need to Look what happens when someone sings a song on the X Factor.
    The US charts are about radio and streaming these days.

ITV wouldn't give SuBo a weekly Sunday night show, they said she wasn't big enough to get audience numbers week after week. It would have worked in 2009/10 but not now.

But this album wont come anywhere near her 2nd album sales
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    marc822 wrote: »

I certainly won't be buying. My mum has one of Susan Boyle's CDs and I think Boyle has a good singing voice but her music is just too bland and middle of the road for me. I'd say a lot of her sales came from the same type of people who used to buy Westlife CDs.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should try writing her own songs for a change, rather than ruining other people's songs.