Amazing PS4 Video

Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
Forum Member

Comments

• kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it and didn't see anything amazing or anything that hasn't been done before
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For the 54.99 retail price, that camera is awful quality.
  • Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    I watched it and didn't see anything amazing or anything that hasn't been done before

Yes well I thought it was amazing. :sleep:
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    I wonder how long it is before someone draws swastikas for the robots to play with
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very impressive, Kendoguk where have you seen this before?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very impressive, Kendoguk where have you seen this before?

On the ps3 and Xbox 360
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more i see of the playroom, the more i'm glad i went for the PS4 mega bundle, which is my maths is correct essentially means the Camera is free

Sure this is only a tech demo that will get boring after a few tries and you'll only stick it on to show friends after a while, but its a great starting place and who knows where it could go in the future
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There seems to be a massive over-saturation of light. Is this due to a poor camera or just the studio environment they are in.

This looks just like most camera 'games' it looks like it would be really cool to try and to play around with for 10minutes and that is about it. Past been a pretty cool gimmick it seems a waste of time.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    Yes well I thought it was amazing. :sleep:

Me too, I wasn't expecting much, but watching the video of them drawing a ball and the little robots playing with it was fun.
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    I wonder how long it is before someone draws swastikas for the robots to play with

Yeah, or a penis :eek:
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    There seems to be a massive over-saturation of light. Is this due to a poor camera or just the studio environment they are in.

The camera. IGN said the exact same thing in their recent video using the camera.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »

they'll probably have something in place to prevent that, besides it doesn't look that accurate, i mean jimmy fallon drew a circle and a ball came out
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the ps3 and Xbox 360

On which game?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    On which game?

What is this twenty questions? Plenty of kinect and eye toy games have had this in some way or another or do you just want me to say.

OMG totally awesome PS4 innovating the way watch everyone else copy them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this twenty questions? Plenty of kinect and eye toy games have had this in some way or another or do you just want me to say.

But everyone did copy them, when they released the EYEtoy for PS2 and had some wand prototypes for PS2 years before both Wii and Kinect

Are you really hating on Sony for taking their own ideas and making them better, i really am failing to see your major problem here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not hating anyone I've said it's been done before nothing new or amazing
    Forum Member
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Me too, I wasn't expecting much, but watching the video of them drawing a ball and the little robots playing with it was fun.

Its a bit dodgy that you have to whack off the dualshock for the little robots to come out.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Come on man it's just a bit of fun, isn't that what gaming is about ? Some gamers need to lighten up a bit. These console wars and feuds between console gamers and pc gamers has turned the gaming world into bitter people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have Kinect on the 360 and would be interested in something like this to keep various young relatives amused at family get-togethers. I've not seen anything like this on Kinect so wondered what it was that you'd seen.

I already have a few kid related Kinect games but nothing like this.
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    These console wars and feuds between console gamers and pc gamers has turned the gaming world into bitter people.

They've been around since Year Zero. I can remember playground fights in the 80's over Commodore vs Spectrum vs Amstrad etc etc...
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the reasons in geting a camera at launch. My 3 year old son will love it!!!
    Forum Member
    I have Kinect on the 360 and would be interested in something like this to keep various young relatives amused at family get-togethers. I've not seen anything like this on Kinect so wondered what it was that you'd seen.

I already have a few kid related Kinect games but nothing like this.

They've been around since Year Zero. I can remember playground fights in the 80's over Commodore vs Spectrum vs Amstrad etc etc...

Slightly justified back then though, as most consoles cost two years income :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slightly justified back then though, as most consoles cost two years income :D

Dunno how my brother afforded the Atari 2600 (I'm sure he picked it up in '83 or 84...) but he swapped a synthesiser for the Commodore Vic20 and some games... not sure who got the better end of the deal on that one, lol :D
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My kids were killing themselves laughing at the little aliens
    Forum Member
    Dunno how my brother afforded the Atari 2600 (I'm sure he picked it up in '83 or 84...) but he swapped a synthesiser for the Commodore Vic20 and some games... not sure who got the better end of the deal on that one, lol :D

Yeah but that was a cheap console:D. I had an atari 2600 my at the time my family had tonnes of money because of selling weapons to the ruskies.

Correction I had an Atari 2600 junior.

Commodore 64 would cost over £1000 now if its launch price was adjusted for inflation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but that was a cheap console:D. I had an atari 2600 my at the time my family had tonnes of money because of selling weapons to the ruskies.

Correction I had an Atari 2600 junior.

Commodore 64 would cost over £1000 now if its launch price was adjusted for inflation.

After a quick Google it seems the 2600 was about $130 new in 1983... Quick and nasty calculations using '83 conversion rates we get a UK cost of £80 and then going off inflation that would be £228 in today's money...

Yup, £1194 in today's money. It was £399 at launch in '82, apparently... (or, in dollars, $595 at launch and almost $1500 now)
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Looks impressive