Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    That Rainbow scene is class! I seen it ages ago but it's still as funny :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rudi wrote:
    Innuendo? Isn't that an Italian suppository?

Rudi :cool: ™

LOL classic :D
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've just lost some of the innocence of childhood. Not like me - took me ages to understand Master Bates & Seaman Stains. ;) Now I know loads more. :o:D
    Sadly, this is indeed a myth. Here's some of what's said on Snopes:
    Claim: The characters on the British TV cartoon series Captain Pugwash had names that were sexual double entendres.

Origins: The Captain Pugwash cartoon, which originally ran on the BBC between 1958 and 1967, is widely believed to have featured characters with risqué maritime names such as Master Bates, Seaman Staines, and Roger the Cabin Boy. In fact, the crew of the famous Black Pig ship included sailors with no such names: present on board were Master Mate, Tom the Cabin Boy, and Pirates Barnabas and Willy. (No character with the designation of 'Seaman' appeared in the show.) Series creator John Ryan successfully won retractions and settlements from the Sunday Correspondent and the Guardian after both newspapers claimed that the show's characters did indeed have smutty names, and that the BBC had taken it off the air as a result. The Guardian's statement ran as follows:

In the Young Guardian of September 13 [1991] we stated that the Captain Pugwash cartoon series featured characters called Seaman Staines and Master Bates, and for that reason the series had never been repeated by the BBC. We accept that it is untrue that there ever were any such characters. Furthermore, the series continues to be shown on television and on video. We apologize to Mr. Ryan, the creator, writer and artist of the Captain Pugwash films and books. We have agreed to pay him damages and his legal costs...

...The British comedy duo of Victor Lewis-Smith and Paul Sparks has claimed credit for starting and spreading the Captain Pugwash rumors, and the double entendre names have also been attributed to a sketch by "seventies folkie comic" Richard Digance as well as a "1970s rag mag."
    Source here...
  • PeachiePeachie Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have any idea why, but I was just watching "The Hoobs" on Channel 4 and I noticed a lot, of what I thought were, sexual innuendos.

For example, there was a scene where a bird rubbed a lamp, and the genie popped out and said something along the lines of "everytime your rub me I'll come shooting out".

Then, the lamp (which talked) said "so it's you who is shuffling around inside me". After the bird was granted a wish, the genie went back into the lamp and, well, the lamp had an orgasm! It starts bouncing and going "Oooh, oooooh, ooooooooh", and the narrator said that the lamp liked the genie shuffling around inside her.

Then, Hubba Hubba (:o) said to one of the Hoobs, something along the lines of "If I had one of those I'd waggle it all day" and then ended on "wheather you're waggling of woofing..."

Am I being too perverted? :o

I have been thinking this about The Hoobs forever, I always laugh when I hear the 'Hubba Hubba! Hubba Hubba!' refrain, but thought it was just me being perverted.

Seriously though, how great are some of those songs?

"We're off to see the tiddlypeeps, on the road we go!"

:o
    faz1989 wrote:
    Oooooooooops I think I need a new keyboard, now that my coffee is all over it

'Lets get all our balls out'
    'I can't get it in' 'Lets try the other way round' :eek:
    'Are we going to play with our friends balls today' :D
    'I was banging away all last night' :D
    'It doesn't matter what size your twanger is'
    'Yesterday we played with our balls'
    'Banging can be fun'
    'I was blowing a lot with Roger last night' :eek: :eek:
    'You can bounce your balls at the same time' :D

Just watched that, was in hysterics! I see you didn't mention the counting of banana skins, though:

"One skin, two skin, three skin, four skin..."

My keyboard is soaked in tea! :D
  • Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, That was hillarious!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anybody ever seen Doodle Do on Cbeebies? They are glove puppets that live in an attic, and like art. They look decidely dodgy, if you know what I mean!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Rainbow skit is awesome!! So out of order though as I loved that show, now I think they were all pervs. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • kevin58kevin58 Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have any idea why, but I was just watching "The Hoobs" on Channel 4 and I noticed a lot, of what I thought were, sexual innuendos.
    Without quoting the whole of your thread, it seems obvious to me that you are reading a lot of Adult meaning into an innocent childrens program, which actually has no innuendo to a child.

Best stick to grown ups television :)
  • KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    I remember Raibow always being a laugh. ;):o

Along the same lines...has anyone else thought the same about the song from 'Kubb'?

'Let it grow inside of you, let it flow.
    Let it flow inside of you' :eek: :D
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An episode of The Clangers once had to have the audio re-dubbed after a senior executive had convinced herself that they were whistling the equivalent of, "Well open the f***ing gate then"
    :D:D

That's excellent, I can almost hear them saying it. :D
  • chocolate_boychocolate_boy Posts: 2,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not remember his voice!! Even as a kid I wondered why he sounded so girly, with a boys name.:p

George can be a girls name too, short for Georgina,
    Forum Member
    kevin58 wrote:
    Without quoting the whole of your thread, it seems obvious to me that you are reading a lot of Adult meaning into an innocent childrens program, which actually has no innuendo to a child.

Best stick to grown ups television :)

Yeah, but adults make the shows ;):p
  • Adam792Adam792 Posts: 7,142
    Forum Member
    "I've got a big red twanger"

"I've only got a little twanger. But it works well"

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    I'm watching the Hoobs again (sorry to bring up an old thread), but there's more sexual innuendos in this episode, hehe - or I just have a sick mind :o

One of the Hoobs said he liked a good old "suck on that" (or something to that affect) when he pulled something out of a box.

The episode is about toys which make Groove (the green one) go "aaaah" *cue the orgasm noises from the Hoobs*

Pink Hoob:"Maybe if you had a furry toy here, right now, it'll make you go the whole way" (talking about the going "aaah")

Purple Hoob: "I'll be your furry toy".

The female Hoob loves her toy, "Minky". "I love my Minky" she said. Whilst the two male ones went to see the "Tiddlypeeps", she said "and I'll stay here and play with my Minky".

They're having orgasms, really :eek: One of them is squeaking and the other two are going "aaaaah" and getting lower to the floor.

The furry, noisy toy didn't do it for him, though ;)

A miserable princess just bought a doll from a "toy shop" and is not miserable anymore.

The purple Hoob is dressed in woman's clothes (it's male), with rabbit ears on and is making squeaking noises.

Ooh dear - his toy is called "Sookie", haha - this is the thing he said he liked to have a good old suck on :eek:

After a song, the green one said "That was the nearest to a full blown aaah I've had so far", and then went on to say "...I'll have a big aaaah and it'll shoot right out".

Hubba Hubba has been "aaahhhing" all day, apparently.

They found a toy which moves that might make Groove go "aaaah" - "it didn't make you go aaah, did it?" ... "no" ... "not even once?".

The toy which finally made him go "aaah" was a monkey which was playing cymbals, and Roma is "off to have some fun with a monkey".

This is all real, from the episode I'm watching now :eek:

"When Ivor tried to be a furry toy, it never made me go aaah... I liked the idea of a furry toy... it just needed something else... I liked the idea of a furry, noisy toy in clothes".

Oh, the toy changed to a monky playing drums and shaking his head (wanking :p)

Phler... clearly sexual innuendos :D:o
    As if I just sat there watching the Hoobs, posting all the, what I thought, were sexual innuendos in the episode :o Perhaps my mum spiked the orange juice with LSD?!
  • PeachiePeachie Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right as ever Ste. :D

The Hoobs never fails to raise a grin in this family. I'd been meaning to bring up a song I heard recently on the Hoobs. The decidedly dodgy lyrics were as follows:

Rub-a-dub-a-dub Rub-a-dub Rub-a-dub-a-dub
    Naaah nah-nah nah nah nah nah naaaah
    Naaah nah nah nah naaaah

Imagine if a little man
    Lived inside this lamp so weeny
    I would tug as hard as I can
    And out would pop a little magic genieeee... oh

Naaah nah nah nah naaaah

I'm Jeremy the Genie
    At your service at your command
    Jeremy Genie
    I am your slave
    Oh what's your demand?
    I've come here, I've set up camp
    Right inside your magic lamp

What's your wish, what dream's for you?
    Tell me and, I'll make your wish come truuuue.. oh

Rub-a-dub-a-dub etc. etc.

I must admit, it made for some absolutely quality viewing, especially considering the way the Green Hoob was rubbing the lamp. :o I can't even type the lyrics without crying with laughter. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LMAO Ste and Peachie, I can't stop laughing!! :D I know how you mean though!! :D:o
    Forum Member
    Peachie wrote:
    You're right as ever Ste. :D

The Hoobs never fails to raise a grin in this family. I'd been meaning to bring up a song I heard recently on the Hoobs. The decidedly dodgy lyrics were as follows:

Naaah nah nah nah naaaah

Imagine if a little man
    Lived inside this lamp so weeny
    I would tug as hard as I can
    And out would pop a little magic genieeee... oh

Naaah nah nah nah naaaah

I'm Jeremy the Genie
    At your service at your command
    Jeremy Genie
    I am your slave
    Oh what's your demand?
    I've come here, I've set up camp
    Right inside your magic lamp

What's your wish, what dream's for you?
    Tell me and, I'll make your wish come truuuue.. oh

Rub-a-dub-a-dub etc. etc.

I must admit, it made for some absolutely quality viewing, especially considering the way the Green Hoob was rubbing the lamp. :o I can't even type the lyrics without crying with laughter. :D

Was that from the episode I described in the first post? :eek: I remember there was a song.

The lamp started having some kind if lamp-orgasm :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    clarribo wrote:
    I take it everyone has seen the infamous Rainbow Viral but if not:

http://www.megastar.co.uk/comps/viral/rainbow.html?config=rainbow

LMAO :D:D
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I think it depends on your mind. Personally I find balamory and big cook little cook full of inneundo but maybe I'm just perverted :)

You'll be pleased to know it's not just your imagination:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balamory#Audience
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has always been thus! We are a carry on nation, its in our blood :p

Quite true , we are at heart a nation that does love slapstick double entendre, why we try so much to hide it I dont know.
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    welshbabe wrote:
    I rember Rainbow

My three year old watches it :) It's on Nick Jnr in the afternoons now. Brings back so many memories!
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've just lost some of the innocence of childhood. Not like me - took me ages to understand Master Bates & Seaman Stains. ;) Now I know loads more. :o:D
    um but...
    trash80 wrote:
    blimey how many times is this urban myth about Captain Pugwash going to be repeated? its not true!
    ahh beat me to it
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote:
    You'll be pleased to know it's not just your imagination:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balamory#Audience

Ah yes, I remember the discussions on the TV forum about PC Plum's song.

"I'm PC Plum and I take it up the ..."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshbabe wrote:
    I rember Rainbow

Well there is the "Rainbow Coalition".. coincidence? I think not.