Comments

• Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Total crap

The original suit still looks better
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Jose Padilha and Joel Kinnaman. When this remake is released they will both get f*cked over.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is utter garbage :(
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Wow, what a screw up, too close to Batman and Iron Man. Should have used the original costume because it still looks stunning.

The only thing this movie has going for it is some good casting.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooooo leave it alone, Robocop is perfect as it is.

Yes. It's just the right blend of threat, horror, cheesiness and humour. The effects are not overdone and the acting and direction are nicely pitched.
    I can just imagine a modern version:eek:
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The love child of Batman and Iron Man. It's bloody awful.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    I can just imagine him saying "Alfred! Where's my cape?"
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clarence Boddicker would be easily caught by this new Robo, because he'd be too busy rolling on the floor, laughing.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Is that really the finished design? Surely they could've drummed up something not quite so generic-looking?

Robocop-out.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    The only thing that will make this remake worse is if they cast Frankie Boyle as the new "I'd Buy That For A Dollar" guy.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the suit sucks balls big time
    and whats the point of remaking Robocop anyway??! the original is a black comedy sympolising the greedy 80s - that won't be captured in this new movie. which no doubt will involve a load of crap cgi.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why people pre-judge remakes. Some work, some don't.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moony wrote: »
    I don't get why people pre-judge remakes. Some work, some don't.

In your opinion, which ones have worked?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    In your opinion, which ones have worked?

I personally don't like the new Batman franchise, but based on the reviews it has been getting, i'd say it worked.

The new Judge Dredd movie is also getting good reviews as did the Startrek reboot and the latest Bond movies.

Some others for your perusal:

http://www.empireonline.com/features/remakes/default.asp?film=3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Just gimme my f***ing phone call" :D
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »

Just....wow. :eek:

How can a modern film manage to produce a less-realistic-looking suit than a film from the 80s? I'm not even referring to it being generic and less interesting than the original design. I simply mean that the original Robocop looked more convincing as a cyborg than this. This just looks like a man in a rubber suit wearing a motorcycle helmet.

All involved in its design and build should be fired for incompetence. Absolutely terrible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, do I detect a hint of silver under that garment?
  • terry66532terry66532 Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The original robocop suit design 1987 is a classic and even today has not dated one bit .

This robocop looks much worse -- bordering on a farce -- maybe they will overlay this with cgi or something , hopefully.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tokenting wrote: »
    The original robocop suit design 1987 is a classic and even today has not dated one bit .

This robocop looks much worse -- bordering on a farce -- maybe they will overlay this with cgi or something , hopefully.

Perhaps what we are seeing is simply his "undergarments" so to speak. The silver parts of the original suit may be removable armour in this version.

If you look at the black suit he is wearing:

http://www.cityonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/New_Robocop_Poster_Suit.jpg

It does look reminiscent of the black parts of the original Robocop armour

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/r/robocop.jpg
  • YorkshireKatYorkshireKat Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurgh! that suit looks awful...give us back the classic look!! he even has one human hand! Bob Morton needs to walk on set and say "I thought we agreed on total body prosthesis, now lose the hand okay!" :D

Let's face it this was always going to end up with the high possibility of being crap.
    If the rumours are true it's got studio interference all over it which never bodes well (Happened to the Thing remake/prequel)
    On top of that the script has had a bad review...none of it is looking good.

Will end up on the ever growing pile of remakes that have sucked.......

But the people in charge won't care because it's Robocop and it's bound to make a few quid and we'll always have "the original" as they say...so bleh! :p
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Looks like its avoiding next year's summer crowd.

US release date moved from August 9th to Febuary 7th 2014.

Make of this what you will.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Comic-Con panel confirms that this will be PG-13 :rolleyes:

Massive mistake, but not a surprise :(
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Comic-Con panel confirms that this will be PG-13 :rolleyes:

Massive mistake, but not a surprise :(

That's not so bad, movies such as Taken, Red Dawn, The Dark Knight and Aliens vs Preditor all got a PG-13 raitings.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    That's not so bad, movies such as Taken, Red Dawn, The Dark Knight and Aliens vs Preditor all got a PG-13 raitings.

Red Dawn and AVP suffered for it. They should have had blood galore to show the extremity and gruesomeness of their stories.