Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Reece Shearsmith as Patrick Troughton is good casting as well for an Adventure In Space And Time.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interview with Moffat from Gallifrey One Convention.

Confirms Christmas Special and says there is lots more DW than one 60 min Special to come.
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    Interview with Moffat from Gallifrey One Convention.

Confirms Christmas Special and says there is lots more DW than one 60 min Special to come.

Thank goodness we're getting a Christmas special.

Maybe some posters will ease up on him a little.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Thank goodness we're getting a Christmas special.

Maybe some posters will ease up on him a little.
    Well we did know about the Christmas Special before.

Listened to some more of it now and he says he's planning the next series, good to know as I did think he might leave after the 50th.
    Forum Member
    I guess we did know about Christmas but I guess now it really is officially confirmed.

I'm just wondering if both Eleven and Clara are on board for Series 8 - will it just be them or will Moffat add another companion into the mix as well?
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A truly wonderful interview that. I love Moffat when he is less restricted by PR nonsense and just talks honestly as a writer. You can see how much he loves the show. Brilliant stuff.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I guess we did know about Christmas but I guess now it really is officially confirmed.

I'm just wondering if both Eleven and Clara are on board for Series 8 - will it just be them or will Moffat add another companion into the mix as well?

Ben Stephenson and Radio Times both already confirmed it.

Now, mistake, change of schedule, misunderstanding or what?

Blogtor Who ‏@BlogtorWho

Was at event where current Dr Who costume designer Howard Burden was speaking. Filming on the 50th anniversary special begins in "4 weeks"

(Week beginning 18th March if accurate)

Also:

Blogtor Who ‏@BlogtorWho

The costume designer also said he doesn't know who will be in the cast of the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special other than Matt Smith.

No Clara?
    Forum Member
    I'm still hoping Clara is in the 50th. Eleven needs a companion and it should be her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    A truly wonderful interview that. I love Moffat when he is less restricted by PR nonsense and just talks honestly as a writer. You can see how much he loves the show. Brilliant stuff.

I think that interview with The Moff just goes to show why it is folly for various posters to start bleeting about this rumour and that rumour when, other than the Biopic and the 50th Anniversary Special, nothing specific has been announced!!

I am really looking forward to seeing what he and the BBC have up their sleeves in terms of the Doctor's 50th Anniversary and am not at all worried nor do I take any heed of these rumours about a single 60 min episode.

The Moff has so far stated the following:-

(in addition to the 8 x 45 min Episode run from 30th March 2013 on BBC1 & BBC1 HD)

50th Anniversary Special (may consist of more than 1 Episode and certainly longer than 60 mins!)

An Adventure in Time and Space (90 Min Drama Biopic exploring the origins of Doctor Who - BBC2 & BBC2 HD)

Christmas Special - BBC1 & BBC1 HD December 2013 confirmed

Matt Smith to continue in the role until the end of time!

Ice Warriors return & a hint that The Zygons may return

Pre Production has commenced on Doctor Who Series 8

So, given all the above and the fact that no offical BBC statement has been released as yet in relation to full details of their 50th Anniversary Plans....I think it is safe to say that there will be alot more to add to the above list and that, for me personally....this is a wonderful time to be a Doctor Who Fan!!!! :)
    Forum Member
    Fair play to Moffat.

One of his best interviews as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice in the interview, Moffat mentions Strax being alive will be explained.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still watching it. I'm absolutely convinced Matt's off for the anniversary now. The way when asked about Matt he just looks blank and says "forever" feels very different to the way he answers the other questions. Sort of forced like he knows what he has to say.

Edit: Hahaha! He gave "The Big Bang" it's title partly as a reference to River Song's conception.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read some nice spoilers for the rest of the season. Particularly for the last episode. I'm not going to say what they are...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OswaldBar wrote: »
    I think that interview with The Moff just goes to show why it is folly for various posters to start bleeting about this rumour and that rumour when, other than the Biopic and the 50th Anniversary Special, nothing specific has been announced!!

I am really looking forward to seeing what he and the BBC have up their sleeves in terms of the Doctor's 50th Anniversary and am not at all worried nor do I take any heed of these rumours about a single 60 min episode.

The Moff has so far stated the following:-

(in addition to the 8 x 45 min Episode run from 30th March 2013 on BBC1 & BBC1 HD)

50th Anniversary Special (may consist of more than 1 Episode and certainly longer than 60 mins!)

An Adventure in Time and Space (90 Min Drama Biopic exploring the origins of Doctor Who - BBC2 & BBC2 HD)

Christmas Special - BBC1 & BBC1 HD December 2013 confirmed

Ice Warriors return & a hint that The Zygons may return

Pre Production has commenced on Doctor Who Series 8

So, given all the above and the fact that no offical BBC statement has been released as yet in relation to full details of their 50th Anniversary Plans....I think it is safe to say that there will be alot more to add to the above list and that, for me personally....this is a wonderful time to be a Doctor Who Fan!!!! :)

Tried to post earlier but internet cut me off before i pressed "send" but i agree with all the above!

Wish people would calm down a lot more when rumours come out until officially confirmed by its source entirely...i much prefer optimism overal as it rules!

And yeah Matt till the end of time...i presume for so many reasons...would love so much more 11 and Clara action beyond series 7 definitely...i guess they wont wanna give too much away.

Cant wait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    Just read some nice spoilers for the rest of the season. Particularly for the last episode. I'm not going to say what they are...

PM or spoiler them please.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    *never mind :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes. Just found that . Thanks anyway guys.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Notice in the interview, Moffat mentions Strax being alive will be explained.
    It's a DVD extra on the Series 7 DVD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a DVD extra on the Series 7 DVD.

But he said it 'will' be explained not 'has' which indicates more to come.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he said it 'will' be explained not 'has' which indicates more to come.
    It's a DVD Extra on the Series 7 DVD Box Set that has not come out yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Clara's exist in different quantum realities.

Clara is in the Christmas Special and Series 8

There is a 3 month break between filming the Anniversary Special and the Christmas Special.

According to this article on JLC anyway.
  • DavidusDavidus Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    OswaldBar wrote: »

Lets hope that there is no episode with 'the end of time' as either the title or part of the plot!!
    Forum Member
    The Clara's exist in different quantum realities.

Clara is in the Christmas Special and Series 8

There is a 3 month break between filming the Anniversary Special and the Christmas Special.

According to this article on JLC anyway.

Great interview and excellent photoshoot.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davidus wrote: »
    Lets hope that there is no episode with 'the end of time' as either the title or part of the plot!!

Too late! :p:D
This discussion has been closed.