Celebrities for 2013?

Comments

• cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we're looking for somebody from Bake Off but Paul Hollywood is no longer in the frame then Mel Giedroyc was on ITT last year and seemed like she'd be up for it.
  • strictlydivastrictlydiva Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel may be good! Seems like a nice person!
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel Giedroyc would be good - she was great when she was on Fame Academy - she'd wouldn't take it too seriously but I reckon she would apply herself and be committed to doing well. If she did it I wouldn't actually mind seeing her with Pasha since some FMs seem to think he's due an older celeb - Mel could be great for him - not too old and not too young and someone he could have a laugh with :)
  • Jorf68Jorf68 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    In the role of glamourous older woman in the vein of Cherie Lunghi, Felecity Kendall - how about Emma Samms who played Fallon in Dynasty. She was on the soap awards last week and looked really great. Beautiful and classy.
  • Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope this rumour of Helen Flanagan is not true but if it is...Brendon over ere mate..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope this rumour of Helen Flanagan is not true but if it is...Brendon over ere mate..

I'm hoping the rumour isn't true either but if it is I think Brendan has suffered enough what with diva Lulu and bag of nerves Pendleton so I'm thinking maybe Anton or Artem for delicate Helen :D
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is one person along with Katie Price, who if on I may consider not watching it.
    As her nonsense statements recently suggest she would probably do almost anything for publicity.

I did mention the name Noddy Holder on another thread but he has denied it. (Not the first to and be on though ?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not Helen Flanagan. I do not like her. She does not come off very intelligently.
  • JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jorf68 wrote: »
    In the role of glamorous older woman in the vein of Cherie Lunghi, Felicity Kendall - how about Emma Samms who played Fallon in Dynasty. She was on the soap awards last week and looked really great. Beautiful and classy.

Brilliant idea - I remember her in The Colbys and Dynasty - she was one of the Brits along with Joan Collins and Catherine Oxenberg. She has kept her looks amazingly. If she does appear, she should be given James as a partner. He seems to establish great rapport with classy women like Cherie Lunghi and Denise Van Outen.

I have now added her to my list:
    Katie Derham
    Tamzin Outhwaite
    Jane Horrocks
    Emma Samms.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I'm hoping the rumour isn't true either but if it is I think Brendan has suffered enough what with diva Lulu and bag of nerves Pendleton so I'm thinking maybe Anton or Artem for delicate Helen :D

Oh not Anton - let him get a decent partner for a change-:Artem is the man for her he will not take her childish behaviour of course he would have her in tears because of his no nonsense approach !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen should get Artem! Make her grow up a bit!
  • stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helen should get Artem! Make her grow up a bit!

Don't think he will put up with any tantrums!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    Oh not Anton - let him get a decent partner for a change-:Artem is the man for her he will not take her childish behaviour of course he would have her in tears because of his no nonsense approach !

The only thing is some of us are assuming that Helen will be rubbish and have two left feet - I admit I have too but we don't that. She is infamous for her ditzy, stupid personna but then Chelsie acted ditzy on the launch show so some of us assumed she would be rubbish and she turned out to be a very good dancer.

Obviously it's all thereotrical at the moment because we don't know if Helen is really taking part but the reason I mentioned Anton is well his fans always say he should be given a chance with a celeb with potential - so I suggested Anton even though he would look like he's dancing with his wayward daughter :eek: I admit my only reason for picking Anton and Artem was a sadistic pleasure on my part at the thought of Anton mercilessly taking the pee out of her if she is rubbish or Artem thinking he's got a contender and then realising she isn't and her falling to pieces under his strict teachig methods.

However, what if Helen really does have some potential dance ability? In that case I don't think Anton or Artem would be the right choices for her. I'd be inclined to suggest she should be paired with Robin - he deserves a chance with a young contender and I think he'd take the right approach to teaching her and tackling some of her more difficult behaviour.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Not Helen Flanagan. I do not like her. She does not come off very intelligently.

How about putting her with James Jordan:D
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I do wonder if we'll see Chris Evans this year?

He's been rumoured for the past few series, and there's always one or two (Fern, Kimberley spring to mind) who've been named as taking part in earlier series.

He was quite heavily rumoured last year, wasn't he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wonder if we'll see Chris Evans this year?

He's been rumoured for the past few series, and there's always one or two (Fern, Kimberley spring to mind) who've been named as taking part in earlier series.

He was quite heavily rumoured last year, wasn't he?

He was rumoured last year but Chris strickes me as the kind of celeb that has an interest in the show but doesn't actually want to take part a la Henry Winkler and Tony Blackburn.

I doubt it's something Chris needs to do - he's very rich and successful.

I'd like to see him on the show because I think he could be funny and could even become a good dancer but I just suspect he doesn't want to do it.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a pity we don't have someone like Terry Crews who could do Strictly. He would definitely be very entertaining on DWTS, but he's maybe too successful at the moment and he's also a very good robotic dancer, which might exclude him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AuIURhCoAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol7YNFo4DGA
  • Jorf68Jorf68 Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    He was rumoured last year but Chris strickes me as the kind of celeb that has an interest in the show but doesn't actually want to take part a la Henry Winkler and Tony Blackburn.

I doubt it's something Chris needs to do - he's very rich and successful.

I'd like to see him on the show because I think he could be funny and could even become a good dancer but I just suspect he doesn't want to do it.

I think if we were to get a One Show Presenter then maybe MIchael Ball could be a possibility? Not sure how much dancing he has done in his theatrical career though.
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if we were to get a One Show Presenter then maybe MIchael Ball could be a possibility? Not sure how much dancing he has done in his theatrical career though.

He's not a dancer but I saw him as Caractacus Potts in Chitty and as Edna Turnbladd in Hairspray and he's quite nifty on his feet.

I doubt he'd be interested in being a long term presenter of the One Show though - too tied up with theatre.
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Melanie C will do it.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I reckon Melanie C will do it.

Has it not already been posted that she's on tour w/ Jesus Christ Superstar when Strictly's on? So I think that's her ruled out.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pudsey from 'Ashleigh and Pudsey'.

Alison King.
  • justjjustj Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    Pudsey from 'Ashleigh and Pudsey'.

Alison King.

:confused: I think Ashleigh would be better
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justj wrote: »
    :confused: I think Ashleigh would be better

It was a joke JJ. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yorkie47 wrote: »
    He's not a dancer but I saw him as Caractacus Potts in Chitty and as Edna Turnbladd in Hairspray and he's quite nifty on his feet.

I doubt he'd be interested in being a long term presenter of the One Show though - too tied up with theatre.

As Yorkie has pointed out he's not really a dancer although he has done a bit for those roles mentioned - he's more known as a singer/actor in musical theatre.

I would love to see Michael Ball on Strictly - I love his radio 2 show. I think he'd be great on it and he'd work well with either Natalie or Erin, but he may be too busy with his theatre work.
This discussion has been closed.