Ios 7.0.3

There seem to be some issues with this latest software release. Has anybody any experience of the upgrade with iPad 3 and iPhone 4S? Don't really want to move from an OS I am happy with to one that could cause problems.

Comments

• SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just installed it on my ipad 3. Not noticing anything different yet.
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean iOS 7 in general or the 7.0.3 release? I haven't seen any issues reported with the latter; however some people don't like the new look of iOS 7.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 14,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like either.

The UI of iOS 7 looks crappy and child-like IMO and when you scroll pages you keep engaging the search function which is bloody annoying.

Games that I had installed now crash and freeze which were perfectly fine on iOS 6

And the 7.0.3 update has made the sound effects on one of the timer apps I bought, stop working entirely.

When my contract is up in 2015, I'm not going to get another iPhone if this OS is still around at that time.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7.0.3 is fine on my iPad, but kills my iPhone battery :(
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dickimuss wrote: »
    There seem to be some issues with this latest software release. Has anybody any experience of the upgrade with iPad 3 and iPhone 4S? Don't really want to move from an OS I am happy with to one that could cause problems.
    Here's an interesting article that suggests that perhaps Apple are building in obsolescence within their ios
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/03/magazine/why-apple-wants-to-bust-your-iphone.html?ref=magazine&_r=2&
    I'm on the fence with this one but it's worth a read :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Do you mean iOS 7 in general or the 7.0.3 release? I haven't seen any issues reported with the latter; however some people don't like the new look of iOS 7.

I am referring specifically to the .0.3 release. IOS 7 I love. It looks great and works great as far as I am concerned. However if you look around the various forums there are lots of issues with downloading, re- starting the device afterwards and lockups.
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got 7.0.3 on my 4S. No problems at all.
    Microkorg wrote: »
    7.0.3 is fine on my iPad, but kills my iPhone battery :(
    Make sure you turn off the background app updating. That seems to be the big battery killer.
    Forum Member
    pumazooma wrote: »

Make sure you turn off the background app updating. That seems to be the big battery killer.

Agreed!
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Since the upgrade, gmail mail gets stuck in the outbox (receiving is fine so far) and need to reboot the ipad (3) and delete and then reinstall the gmail account. Extremely annoying.
    I also seem to bring up control centre when scrolling.
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,910
    Forum Member
    7.0.3 corrupted my entire iPod Touch's music library, every single track became unplayable. Had to manually add over 3000 songs back on to it, took a whole day!
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I don't get why people feel the need to upgrade to a new bug ridden system. Does it actually do anything iOS 6 doesn't?

iOS 6 was bad enough when it first came out (all the crap about the maps) but once Google maps was back it was fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pumazooma wrote: »

I have :(
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    iPad here is fine, The 5S.. Safari crashes every so often but the 5S is a bit buggy being 64 bit and new to the world.. i.e. expected.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Kargo wrote: »
    7.0.3 corrupted my entire iPod Touch's music library, every single track became unplayable. Had to manually add over 3000 songs back on to it, took a whole day!

Did you do it via iTunes and did you download the beta previously before 7 was out?
  • dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,910
    Forum Member
    Did you do it via iTunes and did you download the beta previously before 7 was out?

I did download the very first beta of iOS 7 but didn't like it so did a restore through iTunes back to iOS 6.

The iOS 7 update was done on the device itself.
    Forum Member
    Kargo wrote: »
    I did download the very first beta of iOS 7 but didn't like it so did a restore through iTunes back to iOS 6.

The iOS 7 update was done on the device itself.

Problems and failures when upgrading with wifi seems to be a bit of a common thread. The recommendation seems to be to use iTunes and a wired connection to the device to reduce the possibility of upgrade issues.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    iPad - volume doesn't now work and battery runs down quickly not happy
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dfred wrote: »
    iPad - volume doesn't now work and battery runs down quickly not happy

Try restoring and setting up as a new device and restoring from an iCloud backup as opposed to an iTunes one. That what I did when I updated my iPad to iOS 7 and haven't experienced any problems.
  • teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 4s is running 7.0.3 and battery life is terrible. Back ground app refresh is off, screen brightness is auto, Bluetooth is off and im running it in 2g mode. It still only lasts about 8 hours from fully charged. However im finding that music through the headphones is pretty quiet, with the volume limit turned off... and as for phone calls while using the headphones forget it. Yet it was all fine when running ios 6

My ipad 3 however is fine.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    IOS 7.0.3 is on my iPad 4, and running well, although as with the previous versions their seems to be a problem with battery life. Either that, or the calibration takes time to settle down and is giving a false reading, I don't know which one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Microkorg wrote: »
    I have :(

Aha! got it to work...
    the background apps button WAS off, but showed a list of apps, all with own off button.\

I turned Backgroup apps on, then off again, and the list is still there, but now without separate buttons.. battery back to normal
    :)