Game of Thrones (Season Three) (UK Pace)

CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
Forum Member
✭✭
Please be aware that any book discussion should be contained to what has been seen on screen. Any discussion of future events that has not yet transpired on screen is classified as a spoiler.

The third season of the epic series is arriving next month, and we're due our first proper look at the return to Westeros tonight (in the US) and tomorrow morning (for the UK). The first 60-second trailer premieres on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Not quite the same bounty as the Season Two thread yet, I admit, but we have started early. :p

Season Three Teasers
Season Three Tease
Three-Eyed Raven
Chaos Preview

In Production...
New Cast Members
In Production Feature
Vlog: Art Direction
Vlog: Book to Series
Invitation to the Set
Vlog: Intensity of Iceland

I believe we (eventually) agreed that these threads do not need to be pace-specific, due to the very small gap between US and UK airings. However, there are seperate threads for Sky One, Spoilers & Book Discussions beyond the TV pace.

Comments

• srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this. This will be my first season since I've done the books so will be curious to see whether my enjoyment of the show will be lessoned any by this.

I agree with a joint US / UK thread which allows (non spoilerific) book discussion. This will allow most people to share the same discussion.

Book readers, please be mindful of the non readers and and consider each post carefully. Non Readers, please be mindful of the readers and don't rant over very minor slips which really aren't significant but could be considered (by very strict standards) spoilers. Let's have a civil, friendly and active discusion :)
    I may be stating the obvious but last season had some very tedious outbursts over very minor pseudo spoilers.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Nice round up of stuff there.

Looking forward to Season 3.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really excited, this will be my first season where I'm watching it along with others, I only recently got into this and caught up on the first two seasons. :)
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the new series :D

Just a shame that one particular story-line was spoiled for me when looking at a non-spoiler TV thread in IMDB last year.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for Season Three, it's going to be even more epic than S1 and S2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait to finally see a proper trailer. I wonder what music they will use? They always pick really appropriate stuff. I'll also be interested to see some of the new guys in character, although I do have absolute faith in the awesome Nina Gold.
  • sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trailer is up on YouTube. I'd link but I'm on my phone. Looks great!
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Link to Trailer

There was also a shorter version aired on TV, mainly the same scenes but you see who Varys is talking to with his last line about Revenge. It's
    Emily Thorne ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    So excited!
  • PerpetualAscentPerpetualAscent Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    0:20
    Reek, Reek, it rhythms with Peak!
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see just how they've split up Book three as I believe it's going to run over the next two seasons because of the length.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Brilliant trailer.

Season 3 can't come fast enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0:20
    Reek, Reek, it rhythms with Peak!

I know!!!!

And I love the flaming sword part in the trailer.

I wonder who Varys was talking to about revenge?

I am slightly underwhelmed though, lots of shots of people faces, or people turning around. Not a lot of new characters, no Stannis, Melisandre (apart from her ominous voice over) or Tyrells. As always the Dany stuff looks the most interesting in the trailers, but then tends to disappoint in the actual series.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vicky2424 wrote: »
    I know!!!!

And I love the flaming sword part in the trailer.

I wonder who Varys was talking to about revenge?

I am slightly underwhelmed though, lots of shots of people faces, or people turning around. Not a lot of new characters, no Stannis, Melisandre (apart from her ominous voice over) or Tyrells. As always the Dany stuff looks the most interesting in the trailers, but then tends to disappoint in the actual series.
    There was rumours of a 2 min trailer to be released Sunday so it's possible there is a longer version of this one coming out.

As to who Varys was talking to it can be seen in the 30 sec trailer that aired last night as well.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good trailer. It doesn't give too much away, which I prefer.

[Non-book readers] ... Prediction time: How long will Theon Greyjoy last for in season three? I don't think he will make it past episode three.
  • Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    I'm very excited!! Counting the days :D
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cracking trailer, really excited for this season. Might be time to start my rewatch of the first two soon.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great trailer, really cannot wait for this show, I've read the books (and I will NOT spoil anything), but seeing it in live action just gives me a thrill!
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like I've been waiting forever since the end of the last series, now there's only six weeks left to go!

I've read the books in the meantime (like a couple of people here it would appear), so I'm very interested to see how they go about certain things, and how certain characters come into the story.

Roll on the 1st of April!
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who and Game of Thrones, returning across the same weekend.

Bliss.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've recently finished Season 2. Haven't read the books yet, but may do so during season 3.

Really excited to see from where they left off from season 2. :)
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved the books if S3 is anything like that it will be brilliant.
  • waterlooenderswaterlooenders Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Looking good.

Kind of off-topic - I've just pre-ordered season 2 from play.com and I find it really annoying how bad we get it compared to the USA. They pay about £25 for the blu-ray. Which also includes DVD copies and digital copies. We pay more than that and only get blu-ray. Plus we have to deal with the stupid blue band at the top.
    Real shame about the HMV Lannister exclusive packaging too, since we can't get that any more.

I would just order it from amazon.com but it wouldn't play on my player.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are blu-ray players region locked? I thought they got rid of that. I know PS3 aren't anymore