Emmerdale-Charlotte

thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Nice to see that Charlotte has been promoted from a PC to a detective. I liked her as a character so nice to see her back. Emmerdale seem to have some consistency in police staff as both nick henshall and charlotte have returned.

Comments

• PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when half the show became based on the police, with Vaugh, Paddy's Cousin, Shane Doyle, Donna Dingle xD
  • thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yh Ross, who i thought was meant to be more permanent than what he was but left after a couple of months but its good to see Charlotte getting a promotion tho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which one is Charlotte (was she Donna's friend?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yh shes the decetive whose investigating marks murder and was friends with Donna.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    lol i thought i recognised her!! only just twigged when i saw this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah cool, it's good to have continuity with characters like that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would comment but avoiding the beatings now tee hee ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree, some soaps do it within short periods of time but Charlotte first appeared in 2007 and Nick in 2008 so they've been around for a good couple of years and its nice to see that rather them being kept the same characters they've put them together so the viewers know them and have got two well known officers working together if that makes sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    evamoo wrote: »
    lol i thought i recognised her!! only just twigged when i saw this.

lol i thought she was off The Bill :D
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    lol i thought she was off The Bill :D

Close but no cigar!

This is NOT Charlotte. This character is called Laura Prior, and is played by Elaine Glover. She was actually in Holby Blue, which is one reason why people are getting confused (plus she looks a bit like her).

Emma Hartley-Miller who played Charlotte meanwhile currently has a bit part (seen a couple of times so far since May) in Coronation Street as the McDoanalds' social worker.

There has been a promotion though - Henshall was previously a DC, working with DS Williams (also in Corrie earlier this year, as a witness to Joe's final scenes on dry land).

Also, Ross Kirk stayed around for about a year, not a couple of months.

Emmerdale DOES have a long serving PC - Mike Swirling has been in the show on-off since 2004. :cool: In his last appearance, after Cain sent the flowers, he brought with him PC Daley, who also came to see Paddy after Chas reported Aarons assault.

Back to Charlotte, as I said in another thread, I had forgotten that she was related to Vaughn. It would be nice to see her return to the dales. :)
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    <deleted>

I only just read the above post :o
    That's exactly what I was going to say.
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    memmh wrote: »
    <deleted>

I only just read the above post :o
    That's exactly what I was going to say.

I suspect you probably mean just the correction, but my goodness, considering I had six sections, if you were saying exactly the same thing I would be impressed lol :p
  • Milleniumqueen7Milleniumqueen7 Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew I knew her from somewhere now i know
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    I suspect you probably mean just the correction, but my goodness, considering I had six sections, if you were saying exactly the same thing I would be impressed lol :p
    True, I posted that the police detective is played by Elaine Glover and not by Emma Hartley-Miller who played Charlotte and that she was a new character. Then I saw your post so I deleted mine.