Sugababes Over...Are you happy?

hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With Jade speaking out about the band on this article: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a513078/jade-ewen-reveals-sugababes-ended-two-years-ago-i-cant-keep-lying.html

and also with the site http://www.sugababes.com/ being down i think it is pretty safe to say the Sugababes are no more.

I gotta say I'm sad in a way, but they have been on a downward slump since Keisha left...But tbh now we have MKS we dont need the Sugababes around :)

If they have split then i wish Amelle, Jade and Heidi success in their own endeavours!

Are you happy the sugababes have reportedly split? 88 votes

Yes!
30% 27 votes
No!
31% 28 votes
Im Indifferent!
37% 33 votes

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,977
    Forum Member
    I am disappointed because I believe 4.0 had a lot to offer, Freedom was a great track and if they had stuck with it then I think they would have got somewhere

Personally, whilst I support MKS and love Flatline, the Sugababes for me will always be Heidi, Mutya and Keisha and think had they continued as a duo after Mutya left, or Heidi and Keisha had given her the chance to adapt to being in the band and being a mum, the situation would be very different now and MKS would not be happening

Also, I don't think MKS will be around all that long if I'm honest, Polydor don't inspire me with the mess they have made of the Flatline release and in a few years I think Sugababes will reform with the 2.0 line-up
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But tbh now we have MKS we dont need the Sugababes around :)

:o

MKS need to pull their socks up if they hope to stick around.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    :o

MKS need to pull their socks up if they hope to stick around.

i hear you polydor seem to be f**cking them around and i am not happy! :( :mad:
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me Sugababes will always be 1.0 AND 2.0. I'm not bothered about 4.0 splitting as they were never Sugababes to me, although I think Heidi, Amelle and Jade are all talented in their own right. I wish them all the best and hope they have successful solo careers. I just think that, once Keisha was booted out and they took Jade on board they should have ceased calling themselves Sugababes as they became a joke at that point. They should have started afresh with a new name.

As for MKS, well I love all 3 of them (especially Siobhan, who I've been a huge fan of for years) and hope they do well. But, like others have said, it doesn't bode well for them releasing their debut single on a Friday! Their record company had better not bloody drop them if the single doesn't chart very high as it will be their (the company's) fault for not releasing it on a Monday to give the song a full week of sales to qualify for a higher chart placing! Still, we shall see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had a good run.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    For me Sugababes will always be 1.0 AND 2.0. I'm not bothered about 4.0 splitting as they were never Sugababes to me, although I think Heidi, Amelle and Jade are all talented in their own right. I wish them all the best and hope they have successful solo careers. I just think that, once Keisha was booted out and they took Jade on board they should have ceased calling themselves Sugababes as they became a joke at that point. They should have started afresh with a new name.

As for MKS, well I love all 3 of them (especially Siobhan, who I've been a huge fan of for years) and hope they do well. But, like others have said, it doesn't bode well for them releasing their debut single on a Friday! Their record company had better not bloody drop them if the single doesn't chart very high as it will be their (the company's) fault for not releasing it on a Monday to give the song a full week of sales to qualify for a higher chart placing! Still, we shall see.

i agree, the credibility (what was left) was gone at that point and it became more like a game of musical chairs.:o i don't blame them for giving it another shot or for calling it a day when they realised 4.0 was a line up change too far.

i also agree with your assessment of mks début release. its a mess and may very well backfire.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha im looking at their last tweet it was from feb 2012
    Sugababes ‏@SugababesHQ 19 Feb 12
    We are so proud of @Heidi_range and @AndreiLipanov for working so hard on @dancingonice, you have been amazing!!!! Can't wait for the tour

I mean even if a singer/band is on hiatus they still update their twitter...I know it sounds hard to hear I wouldn't be surprised if Polydor dropped the quietly tbh!
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I loved 4.0. They never really had a chance to showcase themselves properly as a line-up IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    For the best.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member
    Not "happy", but I never felt 4.0 had chemistry. It always felt like HeidiAmelle and Jade. If they'd gelled better and MKS hadn't become a thing there would have been a future for them, but as things stand now...

I'd like to see all 6 form a supergroup sometime soon. Maybe via a reality-type show, with concerts at the end of the show's run.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not really bothered. I do think they should have announced it sooner. This is going to fly right under the press radar, if they'd have announced it after the freedom shambles they could have at least turned it into some form of an event. Im surprised their label isn't trying to milk another greatest hits tbh
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,977
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    Im not really bothered. I do think they should have announced it sooner. This is going to fly right under the press radar, if they'd have announced it after the freedom shambles they could have at least turned it into some form of an event. Im surprised their label isn't trying to milk another greatest hits tbh

They don't have a label anymore, when they left Island, their management became their label and they aren't mentioned anywhere on their website or twitter

Was reading an article about MKS yesterday which pretty much sums up how I feel about MKS and Sugababes http://sosogay.co.uk/2013/opinion-mks-sugababes-and-the-gays/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Why would anyone be happy that a band has split?

Anyway, I'm personally extremely unhappy about it, because I feel like they were never given a proper chance. The only album we have from them is 'Sweet 7' and, besides the fact it was mediocre, it was a concept originally recorded by 3.0., so it's not an original 4.0. album. The only authentic 4.0. material we got is 'Freedom' and that was incredibly promising. It's one of the very few Sugababes songs that I still listen to. Besides, they had recorded an entire album in 2011 and they didn't even get to release it. If it had the same sound and vibe as 'Freedom', I think it would be the best Sugababes album since 'Taller in More Ways'.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^^^exactly what I was gonna say tbh.

They deserved a chance but never got it.

I don't see MKS or the Sugababes are the actual Sugababes.

I see Mutya, Keisha and Heidi as the true Sugababes even though I adored Amelle.

Because all three are split between different trio's I see neither of the group's as the Sugababes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am disappointed because I believe 4.0 had a lot to offer, Freedom was a great track and if they had stuck with it then I think they would have got somewhere

Personally, whilst I support MKS and love Flatline, the Sugababes for me will always be Heidi, Mutya and Keisha and think had they continued as a duo after Mutya left, or Heidi and Keisha had given her the chance to adapt to being in the band and being a mum, the situation would be very different now and MKS would not be happening

Also, I don't think MKS will be around all that long if I'm honest, Polydor don't inspire me with the mess they have made of the Flatline release and in a few years I think Sugababes will reform with the 2.0 line-up

No point in me posting, I'm just going to pretend I typed this as it is everything I wanted to say!
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should have ended when they kicked the last original member out at that point they ceased toeb the Sugababes and became a jok. 4.0 tarnished the legacy that they had built up even if 3.0 were the weakest less interesting incarnation.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I think Keisha will be smiling today, but at the end of the day I believe she was the cause of there having to be so many versions, once a bully always a bully!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I'm not that happy to be honest.
    Don't get me wrong I won't miss them in particular, BUT I did think 4.0 could of worked back in 2009. It seemed like the drama was gone with Keisha, they all looked great and I loved About A Girl, and it did well! It's sad that it fizzled out before it really got going. They should of at least done a full album together (not just Jade re-recording Keisha's bits) - maybe if that flopped then yes, but they should of at least gave it a go.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im confused. Didnt amelle say last week they are getting back together end of next year???
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    Im confused. Didnt amelle say last week they are getting back together end of next year???

I think Jade is implying that this is a lie, and that they've just been saying that to give fans hope, but Jade has come out and said that she can't keep lying to fans and that it is over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I think Jade is implying that this is a lie, and that they've just been saying that to give fans hope, but Jade has come out and said that she can't keep lying to fans and that it is over.

This is what I don't understand! Jade said it wasn't her choice to end? Who's was it then Heidi? Amelle seemed up to continue and maybe hoped if they did get back together they could get interest after a break. So why has Jade said this.

Amelle didn't say they were recording now. The three girls were together for Heidi's birthday too and had a picture together as a show of unity.

Sugababes has been badly handled from start to finish. Ok Siobhan left, but Mutya should have been given time off after the baby was born and then MKH may have continued. Change had some good singles but were released in the wrong order. Catfights was rush released and KHA should have been sat down and told to try and finish the promotion of Sweet 7, it was perfectly titled for a goodbye album. However K being sacked was a step too far and was handled badly and wheeling Heidi and Amelle out after the split with a new member, when they were very emotional was wrong.

I liked 4.0, love Sweet and Amazing and liked Freedom. They should have rebranded. Heidi, Amelle and Jade need to ensure they don't descend into slating one another because it will make MKS happy but they also need to look at how MKS came together after all the things that had been said.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The band died after the Keisha departure saga. There wasn't really a way for them to recover from that because they weren't the Sugababes any more. As much as people like to say otherwise, Heidi was not a founding member and she just couldn't carry the group and make it identifiable in the way Keisha did.

It didn't help that Sweet 7 was not a great album, a lot of the tracks had been done better by other artists and it lacked a spark. When RCA deleted Freedom from pre-order and gave it away for free, I think it was the final nail in the coffin.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I don't understand! Jade said it wasn't her choice to end? Who's was it then Heidi? Amelle seemed up to continue and maybe hoped if they did get back together they could get interest after a break. So why has Jade said this.

The label's choice I guess. By dropping them (apparently). I don't think Heidi and Amelle are lying, I think they're genuinely open to the idea of recording together again. I suppose Jade just thinks it's unrealistic that they would get another deal. She hasn't got much to show for the last four years either, so I can't blame her for wanting to move on and find something better.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Keisha will be smiling today, but at the end of the day I believe she was the cause of there having to be so many versions, once a bully always a bully!

I wonder will we actually ever find out what really caused 3.0 to split. I find it interesting that both sides refuse to talk about it.
    They would be perfect to go on Piers Morgan's "Life Stories":o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I think Keisha won't be smiling when this week's chart is announced :p