New tablet for grandchildren

NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, I have, along with my daughter, been looking to find out which tablet would be best value, for 2 children for Christmas.

The main criteria is 1) obviously value 2) sound quality, 3) ease of use. Ages are 7 & 11. Both love youtube, movies, games, music. My daughter and I both have iPads which they love, but 2 of those or even 2 mini iPads work out expensive, when you factor in everything x two.

I was eagerly awaiting the tesco hudL but seems, sound is rather tinny. The price though was great.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I would not expect the sound quality to be great of any tablet really - I'd take a look at a Nexus 7
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    The Nexus 7 or the new version nexus 7 2013 model would be great, my only concern with going Android is the fact that you and your daughter my have favourite apps the kids like on the iPads, but aren't on the Play Store, I'd check first before making a choice.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    I would not expect the sound quality to be great of any tablet really - I'd take a look at a Nexus 7

Thank you :) nexus 7 needs a google I think.
    The Nexus 7 or the new version nexus 7 2013 model would be great, my only concern with going Android is the fact that you and your daughter my have favourite apps the kids like on the iPads, but aren't on the Play Store, I'd check first before making a choice.

They seem to like temple run, talking tom -arghh lol. Skype with their friends. Youtube a lot. :D
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^^Should be ok then
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought the Acer Iconia B1 for my granddaughter. She likes it and it was under £100. We had an issue with it when the touch screen failed but I sent it back to Acer and they repaired and returned it within 72 hours free of charge.

Having said that, the KIndle Fire is good value at the moment. I have the Fire HD and I love it.
  • dont_be_hastydont_be_hasty Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    How about one of the Nook tablets from Barnes & Noble.

http://uk.nook.com/buy

My sister has the Nook HD+ 9inch tablet. It seems to be a good tablet for the money.

Another suggestion would be the kindle Fire tablets.
  • NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    I bought the Acer Iconia B1 for my granddaughter. She likes it and it was under £100. We had an issue with it when the touch screen failed but I sent it back to Acer and they repaired and returned it within 72 hours free of charge.

Having said that, the KIndle Fire is good value at the moment. I have the Fire HD and I love it.

Thanks will take a look :)
    How about one of the Nook tablets from Barnes & Noble.

http://uk.nook.com/buy

My sister has the Nook HD+ 9inch tablet. It seems to be a good tablet for the money.

Another suggestion would be the kindle Fire tablets.

Will look at all- thanks for suggestions