BT claim my BT Infinity bb I've used my limit due to sky anytime but I hardly use it

2»

Comments

• big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neda_Turk wrote: »
    There are free programmes out there that monitor net usage and some may even give detailed breakdowns of where your usage is going.

Install one now and that will tell you the truth of the matter rather than speculation.

Surely that only covers the machine that it's installed on rather than the connection as a whole?
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    astronut01 wrote: »
    Hi all, long time lurker here.

I have recently connected to Anytime plus and the indicator lights on my router are blinking frantically all the time. If I unplug the Sky box, they stop, therefore I can only assume that all that activity is generated by the Sky box.

Just checked our BT account. We have had Anytime + set up for the past month and whilst we have used it only downloaded the odd thing. We have used 6 GB in the past month. And that covers lots of other stuff not just the Sky box (eg via my computer and a Dreambox).

I was surprised it was that low.

So that does not suggest any evidence for any major continuous downloading through Anytime +.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    Surely that only covers the machine that it's installed on rather than the connection as a whole?

Exactly, it wouldn't cover what the Sky boxes uses.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    One way to prove it would be to disconnect everything from the router apart from the Sky box, reboot the router and check download and upload stats from the router's interface.

Provided of course you can get those stats from the router (you can from mine).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Be aware that even though Option 3 is 'unlimited', there is a 'Fair Use' policy of 300GB, so if you get near that, you will a warning email. If you go over that limit, they will simply throttle your line until the next month.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Be aware that even though Option 3 is 'unlimited', there is a 'Fair Use' policy of 300GB, so if you get near that, you will a warning email. If you go over that limit, they will simply throttle your line until the next month.

I'm fairly sure that was removed quite some time back.