Intel Ivy Bridge HD4000 integrated graphics

are these graphics any good? have heard mixed reviews

Comments

• s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    As far as integrated goes, the HD4000 is about as good as you are going to get right now. If you are planning on doing much gaming then a separate GPU is always the preferred option but for casual use the HD4000 seems perfectly capable at the default settings in my experience..
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As s2k says, if you want to play games, then i wouldn't use Ivy Bridge gfx, but if its only desktop stuff your after, including full 1080p video decoding, then its fantastic.
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    do you think the graphics in the AMD A10 4600M beat the HD4000?

Im going to buy a laptop and want to play fifa 13 on it but want integrated graphics (lower power), but not sure if its possible
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the HD4000 gfx were the most powerful when they came out, but i only know that from following CPU releases. But i've not kept up to date with integrated gfx.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fine for basic gaming and of course HD playback and general purpose use.

This is FIFA 2013 running on a HD3000, I would expect the HD4000 to be slightly but not hugely better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iERYwfG7PI4&feature=related
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    fine for basic gaming and of course HD playback and general purpose use.

This is FIFA 2013 running on a HD3000, I would expect the HD4000 to be slightly but not hugely better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iERYwfG7PI4&feature=related

However, one of the comments say
    idk,,, this is low setting ( i think )
    im get unstable framerate,, so i didn't play it anymore,,
    Sory
  • andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    ive went for the AMD A10 quad core with integrated graphics
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive went for the AMD A10 quad core with integrated graphics

For what reason? I've not seen anything in this thread which would point you to that decision.
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,410
    Forum Member
    For what reason? I've not seen anything in this thread which would point you to that decision.
    Are you implying that a comment on a YouTube video is not an 100% accurate and reliable source of information? ;)
  • LoobsterLoobster Posts: 11,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is still (incorrectly) a stigma associated with 'integrated' graphics.

This was somewhat valid with a GPU that's integrated into the motherboard, but not so much with a 2nd or 3rd gen Core iX processor, which has the GPU on the CPU, not on the motherboard.

Motherboards that take these chips have video output ports, but this does not mean that the GPU is on the board, rather that the board is ready to output the display pushed to it from the on-chip GPU.

I have an i7-2600k driving two screens at 1920x1080 with no issues whatsoever.

Only fairly hardy gamers need more. For anything else, HD2000/3000/4000 is more than adequate.
  • rottweilerrottweiler Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think I have this in my MacBook Pro and that runs like silk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a hands-on with an A6 for a bit yesterday and it was nippy.

Only really had desktop and WEI to go by but it outscored the Intel HD on my i3 by a long way and the processor scores were easily into i5 territory.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do you think the graphics in the AMD A10 4600M beat the HD4000?

Im going to buy a laptop and want to play fifa 13 on it but want integrated graphics (lower power), but not sure if its possible

My macbook pro switches between integrated and dedicated graphics. I would have thought windows laptops would offer a similar function to save on power.