Once Upon A Time- Season 2(US PACE)

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow wow wow! Best episode of the season right there imo!

Loving the developments regarding Greg (aka Owen). I really thought little Owen was Henry at first, but his name and father just didn't add up.

Looking forward to Snow most likely getting even darker!
    Next week looks great, it seems that there really may be more to Tamara than first appeared.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode! Loved that we got to see when the curse first happened, and how they came to the real world. Think Regina will have Greg's father locked up somewhere, and that they'll be reunited either in the finale or next season. I think I'm starting to like his a character, even though he's a bit weird. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode! Loved that we got to see when the curse first happened, and how they came to the real world. Think Regina will have Greg's father locked up somewhere, and that they'll be reunited either in the finale or next season. I think I'm starting to like his a character, even though he's a bit weird. :p

I agree, I reckon he's locked up in the asylum. That seems to be where Regina likes to send people to keep them quiet, and I doubt she just let him continue to wander around.

I also like Greg, he seems really interesting. I'm convinced the "her" he called is
    Tamara. Speaking of Tamara, I only just found out the actress is the same who currently plays Sasha in TWD. I had no idea. :eek::o
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like Henry is running like his father Neal seems to love doing lol - but alteast i guess Henry is brave, but why do i get the feeling Henry is going to keep on running and running....

Rumpel and Regina are the worst, i mean the choices they make are their own - and thats how they abuse magic...

Snow's heart is not black with a dot, thats just a little guilt atleast she feels remorse then the other two villians do...

I also am liking the whole Greg/Owen thing....

I am missing Hook!!!!
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode, nice to see movement on 'The Outsider' storyline.

My prediction about Snow going dark is coming true (although not quite right either - becoming the Dark One lol), it'll be interesting to see where this goes.

The trailer for next week looks fantastic.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if Sebastian Stan doesn't reprise his role as The Mad Hatter for the spinoff, who would you like to see play the character instead?
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering where I had seen the bloke with the kid before, so checked it out and found that he was Stanton Parish in the now-cancelled 'Alphas'.
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Sebastian Stan reprises as The Mad Hatter, he is beautiful.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Liked this one.

Nice to see Regina's first year in making Storybrooke a reality and a lucky girl getting to sleep with that dishy sheriff as well. Nice to see you again, Graham.

So, Regina's desperation to have a kid caused Owen to lose his dad. At least we finally have a backstory to the character now.

Henry was a bit annoying in this one but I got why he was so keen to try and destroy magic though, even if he didn't think things through.

Snow is getting darker but still feels rotten about what she did to Cora.

That should be interesting to watch, 8/10.
  • lamblamlamblamblamlamb Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I need to speak about a contiunity problem after watching the last episode. If people from the real world can not see story brooke when the curse was in place. Then why can there be conection via telephone/internet? Did regina not get people from outside storybrook to take Mary marget when she was charged with murder? Prob thinking too much on this.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to speak about a contiunity problem after watching the last episode. If people from the real world can not see story brooke when the curse was in place. Then why can there be conection via telephone/internet? Did regina not get people from outside storybrook to take Mary marget when she was charged with murder? Prob thinking too much on this.

No the District Attorney (king George in the enchanted forest) happened to live in storybrooke and MM was kept in storybrooke jail the entire time so no outsiders were involved. I think that the curse allowed for storybrookes phone lines power lines etc to be connected to the rest of the country but whenever someone affected by the curse tried to leave they crashed the car. e.g. Katherine was able to place a deposit on a flat in boston but couldntgo there and also MM's credit card was able to pay for Henry's ticket to Boston but if she tried to go something like a car crash would force her to stay
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just realised actually, Regina should have been way more spooked by Emma's appearance given that nobody can see storybrooke. Owen and Kurt were within the perimeter when the curse happend so they cud see it but when owen left he couldnt find it again until Emma broke the curse so Regina should have been wondering how Emma was able to get in in the first place since outsiders cant see it unless they were within the town limits when the curse occured and never left
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to Snow most likely getting even darker!

I'd settle for Snow being 'Snow' all the time, and doing something other than proving ineffectual. I'm just not getting how what should be one of the primary fantasy characters is not equipped with some kind of in-built immunity to magic. Or a good haircut. The pudding bowl chop job is horrible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd settle for Snow being 'Snow' all the time, and doing something other than proving ineffectual. I'm just not getting how what should be one of the primary fantasy characters is not equipped with some kind of in-built immunity to magic. Or a good haircut. The pudding bowl chop job is horrible.

Making her immune to magic would be a copout in a huge way, she needs to be vulnerable for it to be relatable.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the development they are taking snow. The most innocent character ever, and she could possibly be going over to the dark side

I hope Cora comes back at some point. Barbara Hershey has been fabulous as Cora and I would like to see more of her at some point. Great actress as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the development they are taking snow. The most innocent character ever, and she could possibly be going over to the dark side

I hope Cora comes back at some point. Barbara Hershey has been fabulous as Cora and I would like to see more of her at some point. Great actress as well.

I agree, on both points. :)

In a sneak peek for the next episode,
    Snow slaps Geppetto! :eek: She instantly apologises, but it's clear that she's gradually finding it harder to control darker impulses. I wonder how far they'll take her.
  • 5thinbetweener5thinbetweener Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Selfless, Brave and True..it was a good episode. I really have no idea who Tamara is and what she wants!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Selfless, Brave and True..it was a good episode. I really have no idea who Tamara is and what she wants!

I agree. It was nice to August's story and I am really intrigued by Tamara and end :eek: ...did not see that coming.

I know it's just a show but the tazer scene...really?! :rolleyes: Did the writers not do science in school?!
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    I agree. It was nice to August's story and I am really intrigued by Tamara and end :eek: ...did not see that coming.

I know it's just a show but the tazer scene...really?! :rolleyes: Did the writers not do science in school?!

Both Tazer scenes were dodgy, the Dragon moved right up to Tamara, then took ages to transform (or whatever he was doing), as for August, I expected him to pretty much ignore the Tazer. Oh well.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Making her immune to magic would be a copout in a huge way, she needs to be vulnerable for it to be relatable.

Not at all. Mr Gold is not vulnerable (most of the time) and yet people can relate to him looking for his son. Regina isn't vulnerable, yet it is possible to relate to her sense of loss and yearning for a child. Ruby, is nowhere near as vulnerable as Snow, yet we can relate to her need to control her other self.

Snow White, makes me wonder how on Earth she and Charming ever can to be running the show when Regina or any other major magic user could defeat them with a wave of the hand.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow wow wow. Fantastic episode! I'm loving Tamara being evil after all, and it was great to get the confirmation that she is "Her". I didn't expect it so soon. :)

As for The Dragon, I don't think he's dead. Would Tamara really have been able to kill him so easily, especially after his boast of "You haven't met me. Not the real me"? There must be more to come from him.

It's surreal to have young Pinocchio walking around Storybrooke. I wonder if he'll ever remember his life as August.

All in all, great episode, much better than I expected actually! Great plot development, real answers, good stuff! :)
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode, and can't wait for 4 weeks time, forgot its on another break, with an appearance by
    Robin Hood
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all. Mr Gold is not vulnerable (most of the time) and yet people can relate to him looking for his son. Regina isn't vulnerable, yet it is possible to relate to her sense of loss and yearning for a child. Ruby, is nowhere near as vulnerable as Snow, yet we can relate to her need to control her other self.

Snow White, makes me wonder how on Earth she and Charming ever can to be running the show when Regina or any other major magic user could defeat them with a wave of the hand.

They are vulnerable though. Gold's weakness is his desire for power and love, along with the dagger that can kill him. Regina's weakness is the need for people to fill the void in her heart. Ruby can be killed as easily as Snow if needs be, her being a werewolf only matters when she turns.

At least with those three one is the dark lord, one is an evil witch and the other is a supernatural being. The thing that draws people to Snow is the fact that she's human and has vulnerability in abundance. It's a lot easier relating to someone who is on the same level as you when it comes to characters in stories.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndreaJx wrote: »

If it helps, Jane Espenson said on twitter that it's not a normal taser.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw..Hope we get to see the older August again. :(

Anyone notice that the Dragon has a similar beard to Jafar? That, and the red smoke when it looked like he was going to transform into his real form, maybe he was turning into the red genie? Probably wrong, but nothing wrong with guessing. :p