Falling Skies Season 3 UK Pace... NO SPOILERS

VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
FOX have announced a start date of July 16th which is more than a month after it starts in the US.

This means that by the time episode 1 is shown over here the Americans will have seen up and including Episode 7.

Therefore I think this thread should be totally spoiler-free

Comments

• Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...therefore I'll be watching it by other means....
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    ...therefore I'll be watching it by other means....
    You and me both.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be waiting for the telly showing

I don't really care when the US watches it - I don't live there !
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not wait for 30 days and not commit a criminal offence?
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    DarthFader wrote: »
    Why not wait for 30 days and not commit a civil offence?

Fixed that for you.
  • cassiopeacassiopea Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Fixed that for you.

What's the difference please?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cassiopea wrote: »

One is breaking the law.... One is breaking a moral point of view.

Am i right? :confused:
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    cassiopea wrote: »
    One is about resitution the other is about retribution. Plenty of web sites go into great depth about the differences and meanings.

Regards

Mark
  • ukgnomeukgnome Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    One is breaking the law.... One is breaking a moral point of view.

Am i right? :confused:

That all depends on where you are at the time, and how much of it your doing.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    If we're talking about the rights and wrongs of illegal downloads (at least as far as TV shows go) you can't help but not blame people for doing it.

Some show producers always rave on about how people shouldn't download their shows, but should instead watch it on the box like everyone else. Normally, I'd agree with those producers, but then I don't think people should be waiting a month (or longer) to 'catch up'.

If they want their shows watched properly, they should air them together. There's always the chance with some shows that people will accidentally read about something that has happened in an episode they've not watched yet, thus that's the episode spoiled. If show producers want to keep everything in the loop, then they should have all their shows air at the same time.

At least then, people wouldn't need to download.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fox are starting a repeat showing of series 2 tonight in primetime (10 pm)..............I assume this is the prelude to series 3
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    I will be watching Series 3 Episode 1 on Mon 10th June.

I feel cheated that Fox choose to show this so long after original broadcast.

They are inviting people to get hold of shows by these other means.

Also have they never thought that if they took into account the amount if people watching the show by legal means within days of original broadcast may lift figures and stop cancellation if the show is doing well overseas!!!!

I would prefer to be watching Falling Skies Season 3 Episode 1 either on a scheduled time on Monday Night or on Demand where views can be measured by the broadcaster.

Sadly it is not so "other means" it is.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree on some points, it's 2013 it's a digital age yet sky1 and Atlantic maybe syfy still see to be the only channels that even attempt to show shows in line with the US.

It's criminal that things like supernatural has near enough finished season 8 and we haven't even shown the first episode.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    I have to agree on some points, it's 2013 it's a digital age yet sky1 and Atlantic maybe syfy still see to be the only channels that even attempt to show shows in line with the US.

It's criminal that things like supernatural has near enough finished season 8 and we haven't even shown the first episode.

It has finished, but yeah, got to agree on your Supernatural comment. If it's anything like last year then Sky Living will end up having to show two episodes at once to beat the DVD release date.

Poor form.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Falling Skies has been given a fourth season.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

You beat me to it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    You beat me to it :)

LOL:D:D

Not be long now. Managed to stay away from spoilers etc. I was checking TVWise as usual and it was the top topic, so to speak.

Have FOX started promo-ing it yet? Not watching anything on that channel at the mo. Was wondering if you had seen any trailers etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL:D:D

Not be long now. Managed to stay away from spoilers etc. I was checking TVWise as usual and it was the top topic, so to speak.

Have FOX started promo-ing it yet? Not watching anything on that channel at the mo. Was wondering if you had seen any trailers etc.

I caught a trailer for Falling Skies when I was watching an episode of Jean Reno's crime drama Jo at the weekend. It's been put up on the FOX UK site

http://foxtv.co.uk/shows/falling-skies/videos/falling-skies-season-3-sneak-peek
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

has it? cool... pleased about that, its not the most fantastic show ever but I find it entertaining enough hokum.

On the subject of whether to view by other means or not, I have no way of watching it on any channel either here or in the US. I would watch it if I could and having watched "by other means" I did purchase the DVD's
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be interested in reading this thread in a couple of weeks.... NO SPOILERS Just been reading the US pace thread and everyone seems to agree this season is easily the worst..can't find a single positive thing in the thread
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starts tonight 9pm on fox.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    I'll be interested in reading this thread in a couple of weeks.... NO SPOILERS Just been reading the US pace thread and everyone seems to agree this season is easily the worst..can't find a single positive thing in the thread

Part of the fun we have here is picking holes in the plots and complaining about terrible characters getting too much screen time compared to the likes of Pope and Weaver
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this..............

I can't quite remember how the last series finished............

They'd been at that underground bunker and had a near civil war, then 'our group' moved out.............

Were they 'heading for Richmond' or was Richmond where the underground bunker was ?

Did they arrive somewhere before the end of the series ?
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Hope Matt's hair doesn't piss you lot off as much as it does me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Looking forward to this..............

I can't quite remember how the last series finished............

They'd been at that underground bunker and had a near civil war, then 'our group' moved out.............

Were they 'heading for Richmond' or was Richmond where the underground bunker was ?

Did they arrive somewhere before the end of the series ?

They were travelling towards Charleston, South Carolina where a new government had been formed under the name the Continental Congress and eventually got there at the end of the 8th episode of Season 2

The "near civil war" as you called it took place in the last two episodes