Using a micro SIM in two devices?

muldranmuldran Posts: 489
Forum Member
H'lo,

Just about to get a Nexus 7 - I'm upgrading from a first gen iPad.

My iPad is still working fine, though - I just fancy a change. The Nexus 7 does have a micro SIM slot as well for 3G. I was going to terminate the micro SIM in the iPad and get a new one for the NExus 7, but since they're both the same size, can I swap between the two devices, or are SIMs tied to a specific device, when it comes to tablets?

The O2 micro SIM for the ipad is the 10 quid per month one, rolling one month thing, so it's not a contract.

Anyone tried this?

Comments

• JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    I haven't but sims aren't tied to devices - I've swapped my wife's micro sim with the one in my phone and am trying a 3 PAYG sim and have had it in 2 different phones - all works fine.

I can't see how it would be different for tablets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was going to try the same thing, got an iPad mini 64gig from Apple with a 3 sim card in it.
    Picked up another from Orange (got a long standing loyalty discount) £15 a month for the 32gig version.
    Orange data plan was crap at 250mb but for £100 cheaper than buying from apple wasnt going to argue.
    I didnt know this before but the tablets are locked to orange.:cry: So kinda knackard my plans a bit.
    At least I can teather off the iPhone worse case.:o