Keith York RIP

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The radio presenter best known for his work on the Voice of Peace and Irish pirates like South Coast Radio in Cork has passed away in Spain, according to his friend and colleague Don Stevens on Facebook.

A great talent and a huge loss.

My thoughts are with his friends and family as they face Christmas without him.

Comments

• Over By Yer!Over By Yer! Posts: 2,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is terrible news. Thanks for letting us know :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was also on Atlantic 252 on and off under the moniker 'Yorkie'. RIP Keith.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    His friends called him Yorkie.. although he did tell me that Rowntree Mackintosh were none too pleased that there was a jock on Atlantic 252 using THEIR brandname....! I have so many great memories with Keith and I only met him in the summer of 2001 ... he was on the phone to Tony Allan at the time...! We partied it up in Tullamore, Dublin, Amsterdam.. Brussels, Luxembourg, Spain and The UK .... He always had great time for me, and I for him. God Bless you Keith, Beyond Radio you are, were and always will be a Dear and trusted friend I'll never forget.

I knew this day it would come.. it was a day I never wanted to come .. and find it hard to believe I'll never see him again...

Rest In Peace Yorkie.

Enda...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd have thought they'd have been grateful for the free publicity?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feel free to post details of Keith's funeral if you get them before me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Keith's brother Malcolm has left the following on another forum.

Keith´s memorial service in Spain will take place this Thursday at midday in the El Algar chapel, Mar Menor followed by a wake at a venue tbc. After that we´ll be taking the ashes back to Yorkshire and will be arranging something similar + burial, to take place in Masham. I´ll post the details of that when I have them. I know a lot of people from the UK & Ireland want to come to that.
    Forum Member
    I have received this from Don Stevens from Facebook.

Malcolm has arranged a service at The Methodist Chapel, Park Street, Masham, Saturday 19th February 2011 time not secured yet, but, he thinks it will 1pm or 1.30pm, I suggest arriving in town at 12.30 and park in the main square, outside the Kings Head Hotel, parking is normally free.
    He thinks a small buffet will be provided by the Chapel.
    It has been suggested that a collection be made to mark Keith's memory and history in Granite, I don't think he would have wanted flowers!
    If there are any other suggestions please post ASAP.
    There will be space in cars I'm sure so lets get it organised!
    Forum Member
    In case you wish to attend the celebration of Keith’s contribution to the world of radio.

Malcolm has arranged a service at The Methodist Chapel, Park Street, Masham, Saturday 19th February 2011 time not secured yet, but, he thinks it will 1pm or 1.30pm, I suggest arriving in town at 12.30 and park in the main square, outside the Kings Head Hotel, parking is normally free.
    He thinks a small buffet will be provided by the Chapel.
    It has been suggested that a collection be made to mark Keith's memory and history in Granite, I don't think he would have wanted flowers!
    If there are any other suggestions please post ASAP.
    There will be space in cars I'm sure so lets get it organised!