The Mentalist season 5 Channel 5

thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
Forum Member
Channel 5 have set the return date for Season 5 of The Mentalist. The Mentalist UK air date is Friday 2nd November at 9PM. Only a mere 5 episodes behind the US. Which will probably mean we will have a mid-season break.

Comments

• HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. :)
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good news. I don't mind a shortish mid season break. I don't like the multiple week skipping though. So hopefully with the 5 week buffer we won't have any single week gaps.
  • David_QuintonDavid_Quinton Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Excellent I was wondering when it was back.
  • leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, looking at the schedule it seems the US gets about 10-11 episodes before they take the 1st break

I'm guessing we'll get the 1st 8 or episodes straight out taking us till December 21st when I think i'm right in saying the break usually occurs for the new year and returns around mid February by which time we'll be about 8 episodes behind and we'll run through the rest and with the US airings having occasional breaks here and there we'll end up getting the season finale around 3 weeks after the US.

Can't wait for it though, in my top 3 US shows by far
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »
    Great news, looking at the schedule it seems the US gets about 10-11 episodes before they take the 1st break

I'm guessing we'll get the 1st 8 or episodes straight out taking us till December 21st when I think i'm right in saying the break usually occurs for the new year and returns around mid February by which time we'll be about 8 episodes behind and we'll run through the rest and with the US airings having occasional breaks here and there we'll end up getting the season finale around 3 weeks after the US.

Can't wait for it though, in my top 3 US shows by far

I think I could cope with that schedule, although I do find hiatuses annoying! IIRC though, we had two breaks from the Mentalist in the last season, the one at christmas and another one around easter ish :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    This is brilliant news.

Was saying to a friend 2 days ago how spoiled I am now with Homeland and The Walking Dead on at the same time, I commented that I would only need The Mentalist back with them and my TV life would be complete :D
  • hayleys2915hayleys2915 Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm from the UK but watching at US pace. Episode 2 is one to look forward too.
  • TidleeTidlee Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 5 UK Promo for Season 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge2XD1_KKNA
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thetvking wrote: »
    Channel 5 have set the return date for Season 5 of The Mentalist. The Mentalist UK air date is Friday 2nd November at 9PM. Only a mere 5 episodes behind the US. Which will probably mean we will have a mid-season break.

Thank you so much for posting this information. Love the Mentalist and have never missed an episode.
  • StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the information. I love this show.:)

Have only been watching since the 2nd series, but try never to miss it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 4 was awful, there was no progress made in the main story arc last season and it all felt a bit stupid near the end with Jane going 'rogue' I've been watching this show since season 1 and having a big bad like Red John from day 1 is getting annoying now. By now they could have at least had a flashback episode featuring Jane's wife or daughter.
  • hayleys2915hayleys2915 Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wait for episode 2.
    Jane's daughter features
    and speaking of flashbacks
    episode 6 is a flashback to when Jane first joined the CBI.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No offence but since this is a UK paced thread is it really necessary to post spoilers? Ep2 won't be that far off and yes, i know i have a choice to click and read but it's annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wait for episode 2.
    Jane's daughter features
    and speaking of flashbacks
    episode 6 is a flashback to when Jane first joined the CBI.

Thanks, hoping this season is going to be great I really like Patrick Jane and co.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    No offence but since this is a UK paced thread is it really necessary to post spoilers? Ep2 won't be that far off and yes, i know i have a choice to click and read but it's annoying.

You're probably talking to deaf ears there - it's a huge bugbear of mine that people feel they just have to share spoilers in any thread they feel like and bleat "but I used spoiler tags" if you say anything.

Anyway, i saw the trailer earlier on as well so looking forward to it, although i've got major clashes, what with Nikita and Have I Got News For You on Friday at 9pm as well - it's a pain if I want to watch everything in HD !
  • kevin58kevin58 Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leeowls87 wrote: »

Errrmmm!

The IMDB site are only showing details of 12 Episodes of Season Five -so not a long one then:confused:
  • thetvkingthetvking Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    CBS picked up The Mentalist for a 5th & 6th season. With is being on CBS and doing well both will be 22-24 episodes long. IMDB might not have them yet as I am not sure if those episodes have been finished yet.
  • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kevin58 wrote: »
    Errrmmm!

The IMDB site are only showing details of 12 Episodes of Season Five -so not a long one then:confused:

IMDB only updates the episode list when episode titles are released and details are given to the press. According to one of the writers on Twiitter there are going to be 22 episodes in Season 5. :)

Edit: thetvking beat me to it ;)
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    It's one of the perks of C5 airing so close to US transmission, there's not much that can be spoilt yet. The new episodes we'll be seeing will be less than 5 weeks old.
    Forum Member
    Tidlee wrote: »
    Channel 5 UK Promo for Season 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge2XD1_KKNA
    Good little promo that.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Good little promo that.

It is. Glad it's back, looking forward to the return of Patrick and the team.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite a good episode, knew it couldn't be that simple to get Lorelei back! Really nice to see Bertram back and next week's episode looks interesting.
    Forum Member
    Well you didn't have to be Patrick Jane to solve that particular case. A killer so predictable he might as well have been wearing a t-shirt saying "I DID IT" in big bold letters. And whilst the focus was more on Lorelei, it was easy to see that twist at the end coming too.

But those criticisms aside, a solid enough return for my favourite US crime drama. It's just good to have it back really. The scenes between Jane and Lisbon were particularly strong, as ever.
  • Mrs_Stig24Mrs_Stig24 Posts: 4,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    But those criticisms aside, a solid enough return for my favourite US crime drama. It's just good to have it back really. The scenes between Jane and Lisbon were particularly strong, as ever.

Loved the scene where Jane sneaked off while Lisbon was ranting, leaving her talking to no-one! I was watching with my grandparents and during the scene where Lisbon threatens to talk to Bertram if Jane doesn't back off with Lorelei, they were debating whether Lisbon has a thing for Jane. They came to the conclusion that she does. :)
  • Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted. :o