Tulisa not returning...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
Forum Member
Confirmed.

Tulisa Contostavlos @officialtulisa

Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be part of the X Factor panel this year. I've had a great time on the show, but this year it's time to do something different. I'd like to thank everyone on The X Factor for two amazing years. Stay tuned as I have a very exciting announcement soon!

Comments

• jacqueline_greejacqueline_gree Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank the lord. Karma. Love how Kelly Rowland is moving on to the US Version and Tulisa is moving on to...well?
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No surprise. It's obvious (and has been for a while) that the judging line up is going to be Gary, Louis, Sharon and Nicole.
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not in any way surprising, but still it's made the decision not to watch this year a lot easier. I think the way she was treated on here/by the press last year really ruined an already not-great series . I hope she actually succeeds outside the show because I'm not entirely sure what she did that was so wrong, she seems quite harmless to me.
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was an amazing judge on her first series and I really thought she was going to be one to stay. She mucked it up for herself in her second series. She was awful. I'm very glad that she's gone because she would have brought a great deal of of stigma with her to the panel after her album barely reached the top 40, and her single completely failing.

It's a shame that it all went wrong because it started off fantastically for her. Realistically though, she just could not return this year to judge singers because ultimately her career is now failing.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest she was just not experienced enough to be a judge on the show.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprise, but I'm gutted. I do agree she wasn't great last year, but I only feel like she wasn't good because she was unhappy with all the negative press she was getting.

She had a successful first year and I'm excited for her announcement that she's going to make.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame that she's the only thing not returning.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Tulisa annoyed the hell out of me, but I did feel she was real and honest, even though it was irritating at times.

She made her mark with Little Mix though, but I don't think she will be missed at all.

I'm just here for Nicole's return to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    No surprise, but I'm gutted. I do agree she wasn't great last year, but I only feel like she wasn't good because she was unhappy with all the negative press she was getting.

She had a successful first year and I'm excited for her announcement that she's going to make.

To me, it seemed like she was going through some personal issues in the second series. I can't help feeling the sex tape thing took a lot out of her, emotionally.

It's a shame as she really was a very good judge in the first series. And I'd prefer even a miserable Tulisa back to the awful Sharon Osborne.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, she managed to get a girl group to win - a category that historically was always the weakest.

I am actually pleased she isn't part of the team this year, and of course it's not a surprise. Her first year was great but she lost all her enthusiasm by the time of the Lives last year. So it's a positive thing she moves on.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best news I've ever heard <3
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »

Niall she is returning 2 her "urban roots"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Great news!
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    she seems to be suggesting that this was her choice ...
  • Gav 2.0Gav 2.0 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _NiallDEE_ wrote: »

I think, in your devastation, you accidentally put 'best' instead of worst. Easy mistake to make, I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Never been a fan of Tulisa but I would have her over Sharon Osbourne any day of the week!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    she seems to be suggesting that this was her choice ...

So? She's hardly going to say they kicked her off, is she? She hasn't said it was her decision, just said it was time for something different, which is a fact - she will be doing something different. I think it's a very diplomatic, non-bitter way of doing it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank the lord. Karma. Love how Kelly Rowland is moving on to the US Version and Tulisa is moving on to...well?

channel 5 for BB? :o
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gav 2.0 wrote: »
    I think, in your devastation, you accidentally put 'best' instead of worst. Easy mistake to make, I guess.

Obviously not, as I wouldn't have put a '<3' after if that was the case. You must be as stupid as your idol :cry:
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

That applies to Cheryl Cole too.:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    That applies to Cheryl Cole too.:sleep:

And even more so Dannii Minouge. There for looks.

Not exactly shocking news that Tulisa has gone, all that good work she did improving her image on her first year went out of the window when that video came out. Sad for her i suppose, but the video just made her a chav again in the eyes of the public. Never recovered from it.

- tim
  • Lil-MedonsterLil-Medonster Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Thank f*** for that, she was a vile judge and evil cow, even if misha was bullying people behind the scenes there was no need to mention that in her critique of her performance, that was just a vicious attack to get her removed from the show as she was lil mix's biggest threat, she just such a detestable person in every possible way and form that if I went over my friends and they were watching it I had to leave the room!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I think the thing what went wrong for Tulisa is that she started believing her own hype.

She won with Little Mix & got a #1 single (with a very generic dance song) & was voted FHM's sexiest and she suddenly thought she was one of the most famous/important artists in the country. Her arguing with Louis about her recent #1 single on one of the audition episodes showed this as did her attitude. I even remember Louis saying in an interview last year, she thought she was "much bigger" than she actually is.

All this has kind of come back and bit her in the backside, two flop singles, a very public flop album, a public backlash, being in Nicole's shadow week after week, losing Ella and now being axed from the show.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news, I'm happy ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    John Dough wrote: »
    That applies to Tweedy too.:sleep:

Tulisa was miles better, in every way. Sad news for the X factor. Tulisa added a lot for someone so young. If they chose to let her go, they've made a mistake.