The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    West End? AB what are you doing....that's one step away from appearing on another reality show, no no no, she needs to reverse her car back out of that flop driveway she's in right now and get back onto the fast lane.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4ba55ee7b39b5e09f4a3f46383b0aeb8/tumblr_mhco2gvD7H1qzhudao1_400.gif

I'd never thought I say this but I can actually see her appearing on 'Popstar to Operastar'

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1socpuSoA1r33943o1_500.gif
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is wrong with her?? She won't ever be seen as a serious actress.. she's a singer who won a talent show and then flopped and had everyone mock her and hate her so had to resort to West End... I just don't get it. I don't get her... completely shocked by this... I thought she was a singer. FOCUS ON YOUR MUSIC CAREER which is close to non existence.

I'm scared that she's going to put out some album of R&B covers and/or ballads to tie in with an appearance on a reality show or musical....If that happens I will cry and I think my inner Beastie will die. :cry::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I'm scared that she's going to put out some album of R&B covers and/or ballads to tie in with an appearance on a reality show or musical....If that happens I will cry and I think my inner Beastie will die. :cry::(

My inner beastie is already on it's death bed.
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was only thinking she should consider it after the US to get some exposure/people on side back here but if she dares thinks she can do this before US territory than NO.

I'm feeling to quit this tbh she's a mess

WHERE IS A BLOG EXPLAINING

ALEX IF YOU ARE READING YOU'RE BEING SO STUPID

LET US KNOW MAN!! WE STAN FOR YOU AND WE RECIEVE THIS? WE HAVE TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES... WHERE IS THIS GOING ALEX WHERE? ARE YOU BECOMING MICHELLE FLOP FOREVER WILLIAMS COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I'd never thought I say this but I can actually see her appearing on 'Popstar to Operastar'

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1socpuSoA1r33943o1_500.gif

I don't even know any more...
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/900274e419b308ebe3f9a4296701fdf3/tumblr_meybbc4ysN1rpzoico1_500.gif
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't get it... we get all this bullshit from certain people saying we're a lucky fanbase we get lots of things not many other people get from artists.. but i dont get it...? Alex hasn't told us anything for months.. and when we ask we get ignored, my DM was ignored, tweets are ignored, then we get stupid articles about being a west end actress etc - NOOOO! what about the R&B Bangers she told us of last #AskAlex ? What about her US plans she told us of??? Why are we getting nothing... she needs to remember we're the ones who continue to support her over the years, we're the ones who buy her music still.. not many people do so she needs to keep us sweet and that means connecting with us, not occasionally tweeting "Hmm who to follow?" and then following one person who didn't even ask anyway.

I get mad, not because I love Alex's music and want her to be famous like Beyonce, it's because I like her as a person... as cliché as it may seem it's true. I don't really like pop music tbh, I only like Alex. I don't support many other artists cause I'm not interested in pop/commercial music that much. But because I saw Alex from XF and I loved her then, i continue to love her and support her even now nearing 17 years old. I just want her to tell us something, I want a GOOD pop/r&b album, back to the sound I loved with Overcome... Not West End, seriously... anything but West End.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »

lollll yep!! :):eek::cool::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want Overcome 2.0. I wish she actually released what she was working on with Rico etc in the UStreams...I guess that material has all been given away or will never see the light of day. I think that was the stage where her career took a turn for the worse.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    But then sometimes I feel like it's not even Alex's fault she was being herself and people hated her for it, even industry insiders hated it and so they began to shade her and that resulted in the radio snub. Same is happening with Nicole, don't know what she did thought she had won over the public...:cry: If this happens with FifthHarmony I'm 100% done. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all went wrong when she took such a long time away... if she didn't take that year and a half, and didn't leave Syco (I know they aren't great) then we would have got the Rico R&B/pop album we were expecting. That would have sold and charted better I can gurantee!! We would have had more singles, selling better and Capital would still be playing her music cause that Rico sound was what EVERYONE wanted from her. Then we'd be expecting a 3rd album now and getting ready for the US!! She would probs still be signed to Epic as Simon would have kept that for her with his LA Reid connections etc and then we'd probs have a good US launch!! :):):):):)
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its because I see Alexandra and I KNOW she was made for this, she is in line with how it went from MJ to Whit to Bey ALEX is meant to be next, meant to be the one that will command stages after Bey gets too old for it (its coming) alex is the diva its ALEX'S chance. She's way more successful and has worth bigger than any artist right now, she can command and shapeshift to suit any genre, i'm almost upset right now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Popprince:
    Alexandra told me "I'm actually in the process right now of trying to work out a show based on my favourite movie of all time, which is Lady Sings in the Blues.. the Billie Holiday story, a tragic story but a very, very inspiring one. So hopefully we're going to have a show based on that, very very soon. I mean that's the inspiration behind the album right now, so fingers crossed that goes according to plan.."

So we're gonna get an album that's gonna be based on that West End musical? Bye Bye to Ms.Burke's singing career!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We know she's producing a show don't we? I assumed she would be taking part in that for a time, keep her name out there until she releases her album.

I think it's fair to say she is past hear peak, but there's no reason why she can't continue to have a successful career - look at Beverly Knight for example. That's what she needs to be aiming for.
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    If it's any consolation the average West End star has a far longer career than the average pop star.
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    lmao you lot are all drama queens lately, there is so many things posted everyday which turn out NOT to be true....

just because a few sources say she wants to do west end doesn't mean it's true! I don't think it's the right career move at ALL but it might not even be true.

She isn't stupid.... she's a bright girl and i'm sure she wouldn't chuck her career away for the west end
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Jonathan is imo trying to repair her image. Any money is good money. BUT it depends on timing. I don't have a clue what is going on. It better not be a soundtrack. :mad:
  • stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    iseloid wrote: »
    Jonathan is imo trying to repair her image. Any money is good money. BUT it depends on timing. I don't have a clue what is going on. It better not be a soundtrack. :mad:

I sometimes wish she had taken the lead in the Bodyguard, after how things turned out with HOH.
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    If it's any consolation the average West End star has a far longer career than the average pop star.

True.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    lmao you lot are all drama queens lately, there is so many things posted everyday which turn out NOT to be true....

just because a few sources say she wants to do west end doesn't mean it's true! I don't think it's the right career move at ALL but it might not even be true.

She isn't stupid.... she's a bright girl and i'm sure she wouldn't chuck her career away for the west end

Hmm well she's mentioned it twice now... I don't want her any where near West End. I have come to terms now with the fact that she isn't going to 'break' the US. She MAY attempt to launch over there but it seems she has no backing by anybody (so far) so... it's gonna be tough. If she just told us plans everything would be sorted, nobody would be overreacting about every detail of every article that is released lmao. Alex + her label can fix all this drama with her fans... tell them something!!
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    I sometimes wish she had taken the lead in the Bodyguard, after how things turned out with HOH.

Yeah I do too. As long as she makes a good album, it's all we can hope for. So sad. She's immensely talented, it's unreal. But imo it depends on her label, if they're willing to spend on her release and promo, then management have something to work towards. Management often push when given big backing by the label. She's been looking good so far, and has been on tv despite not doing much. She's been seen. Time to up the ante if she can. Might as well go out with a bang, and use your own $$$ if you have to.
    Forum Member
    Hmm well she's mentioned it twice now... I don't want her any where near West End. I have come to terms now with the fact that she isn't going to 'break' the US. She MAY attempt to launch over there but it seems she has no backing by anybody (so far) so... it's gonna be tough. If she just told us plans everything would be sorted, nobody would be overreacting about every detail of every article that is released lmao. Alex + her label can fix all this drama with her fans... tell them something!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I don't even want to contemplate this :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »

Why ever not? A good soundtrack could open her up to a new demographic.

Finding a way to be involved in a films soundtrack could be great too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Postbox wrote: »

Recording a soundtrack for a film I like, like Leona did for Avatar, but an album of sountracks for a musical etc is just death for her career. she can do that when she's 50.
    Forum Member
    Postbox wrote: »

I want both. Cash is cash. But not just the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hgeLDKBJNG4#!

This would slay for Alex. Bringing some tribal influence into the mix. Afrobeats and ting!! 1.50 onwards. Headphones, crank it up.
This discussion has been closed.