Options

Is Cilla Black the most unpleasant person in showbiz?

Comments

• Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Yikes. I can't stand her but I wouldn't think she comes close. She might be a royal PITA for some of us but I couldn't, for the life of me, put her in the same bracket as him.

I'm not talking about her "doing certain things" more of the truth coming out mainstream & the public hating it
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    user986 wrote: »
    I doubt she can sink that low but never say never. From this thread I gather she is not that loved, is she?

Digital Spy Forum members don't make up the entire population of the UK :p
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    With luck the ITV show tonight will have viewing figures that will make sure she doesn't waste another hour of primetime TV.

there's another "darling soap Actress" who gives the impression she is still the same down to earth person hasn't changed. Delivery Drivers will tell you a totally different story its only a matter of time before its out in the public

Is " get outta my pub!!!" a clue?;)
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »

there's another "darling soap Actress" who gives the impression she is still the same down to earth person hasn't changed. Delivery Drivers will tell you a totally different story its only a matter of time before its out in the public
    Is she ginger too?
  • Options
    Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Digital Spy Forum members don't make up the entire population of the UK :p

True, but stories abound on the internet about how ghastly she really is.

The 'Friendly Scouse Gerl' is all a front, and allegedly her marriage wasn't the rosy picture she likes to paint either.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigGavSW9 wrote: »
    the thing that gets me more than anything else is that she's now a born again **** hag hanging out with the likes of Paul O'Grady and Dale Winton when she's actually a nasty homophobic bitch ... I was assistant manager/chef in a restaurant quite a few years back and she and her odious husband Bobby came in and they had a disagreement with one of our waiting staff and she demanded that the manager fire "the filthy little queer" (her exact words) and he sent the waiter in question home, I actually quit my job over it because I wanted to throw the toothy bitch out but the manager couldn't lick her arse enough .... she's a prize bitch of the highest order!!

Shocking, even given the type of stories circulated about her on here generally.
  • Options
    Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    *facepalms half to death*

I can't speak for anyone else, obviously, but I was joking when I suggested it was Cilla. I suspect that, at her ripe old age and considering the money she has, she has better things to do than mix with 'lowly commoners' on a DS board... ;)

Amazed anyone took it seriously!

But just how rich is the bitch?

She hasn't had a hit in decades, her royalties probably aren't that big considering she never wrote her music nor does it sell in huge quantities today, then there's the fact she hasn't been a mainstay on prime time television for years and was never paid the kind of salary awarded to popular US presenters when she was. I'd imagine she has a nice nest egg but nothing massive. The only reason she probably holidays in Barbados is because her pal Cliff Richard lives there and she gets free accommodation.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    Is " get outta my pub!!!" a clue?;)

Yeah, my brother had run in with the blonde dwarf with the "Royal" surname when he was a driver at Elstree, he said that she was a prize bitch.

June Brown on the other hand was a total sweetheart. :)
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I was amazed to see Ringo telling the world how Special Cilla (on a clip Advertising the Programme) as I too have read the Internet comments from ordinary People and she seems to treat People like dirt. Needless to say I could not stomach watching the Programme presented by Paul. So many celebs seem to like her which is amazing as she is reportedly quite awful and hard!! Shame to find out that People you previously liked are actually dreadful!!
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she ginger too?

If it's who I think it is, no.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,201
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    If it's who I think it is, no.

No, she is practically bald, and wears a hideous candy floss wig, not flattering on a 76 year old. This cockney sparrow was also great mates with the Krays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was amazed to see Ringo telling the world how Special Cilla (on a clip Advertising the Programme) as I too have read the Internet comments from ordinary People and she seems to treat People like dirt. Needless to say I could not stomach watching the Programme presented by Paul. So many celebs seem to like her which is amazing as she is reportedly quite awful and hard!! Shame to find out that People you previously liked are actually dreadful!!

I have a feeling that the tabloids will be very busy after her passing because of 'normal' people giving their account of how she treat them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, she is practically bald, and wears a hideous candy floss wig, not flattering on a 76 year old. This cockney sparrow was also great mates with the Krays.

I doubt any female in their 80s would have hair like that.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that the tabloids will be very busy after her passing because of 'normal' people giving their account of how she treat them.

Will the tabloids print these stories, though? They seem to be under the illusion that most people think Cillia is a national treasure - they might not want to risk public displeasure by telling negative stories about her. Death does seem to make saints of some people.

If the Savile stories weren't criminal in nature and impossible to ignore due to police involvement, I have no doubt we'd still be treated to the occasional 'tribute' shows like the one Shane Richie did after Savile's death.
  • Options
    Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wanted to be famous in America back in 1960's she was on the Ed Sullivan show twice I think I have seen the clips, It's easy to see why Cilla wasn't & Petula Clark was in music American's are not fools music is part of life there Ed Sullivan almost threw her off I'll see if I can find the clip. Just awful a classic American song done to death http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xhQDx_4Lgg & I think this sums it all up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkSwTs9rRCE It has to be said she has no stage presence, Look at Dusty Springfield she knew how to walk on & off the stage Cilla doesn't that's part of showbiz.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But just how rich is the bitch?

She hasn't had a hit in decades, her royalties probably aren't that big considering she never wrote her music nor does it sell in huge quantities today, then there's the fact she hasn't been a mainstay on prime time television for years and was never paid the kind of salary awarded to popular US presenters when she was. I'd imagine she has a nice nest egg but nothing massive. The only reason she probably holidays in Barbados is because her pal Cliff Richard lives there and she gets free accommodation.

Cilla has her own house in the Barbados ..she was on 2 prime time tv shows for over 20 years ...she was a top earner for a long long time
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why the television media try to make her out as a 'legend' and we the viewers are expected to kiss her arse as she's the 'Queen of TV'.
    I saw a programme about her titled 'The One and Only...'. As though she's something special and one in a million national treasure.

But I've never been keen on her. Years ago I've said that her television presentation of herself doesn't ring true and comes over as a bit false, and I think she's very overrated as a talent. TV tries to make out that she's a remarkable individual, but I find her presenting talents quite unremarkable.

She's a bit like a Jimmy Saville personality (No, not in that way) in that the public are automatically expected to see her as TV royalty and a 'legend' where no one questions it to the contrary. I'm sick of TV media kissing her arse.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,016
    Forum Member
    She must be aware of how much they despise her as (unless my memory truly is going to pot) I think she tried to put BA Cabin crew into her 'Room 101'.

Your memory has truly gone to pot, due to her fear of flying she put emergency procedures in Room 101...enjoy.

On the same programme she dissed people who go, "Do you know who I Am" and the same with Frank Skinner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Was it Cilla who went on a rant on I think Room 101 a few years back, about people having camera phones and invading celebrities privacy, since someone took a photo of her sleeping on a train and it ended up in the papers? she seemed seriously rattled about it at the time. I think that was Cilla(?). I used to do a mean Surprise, Surprise impersonation hehe :D

Isn't that the point of asking a celeb to select items for Room 101, hardly a rant. Here's the clip.

I think most people would be 'rattled' being secretly snapped and it plastered on the internet for example?

I was on a train and a girl took a photo of some block fast asleep and was laughing and sharing it with her friends. So I took a cheeky photo her with my phone, which had a loud click, the dirty look she gave me!! What's good for the goose...
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    the thing that gets me more than anything else is that she's now a born again **** hag hanging out with the likes of Paul O'Grady and Dale Winton when she's actually a nasty homophobic bitch ... I was assistant manager/chef in a restaurant quite a few years back and she and her odious husband Bobby came in and they had a disagreement with one of our waiting staff and she demanded that the manager fire "the filthy little queer" (her exact words) and he sent the waiter in question home, I actually quit my job over it because I wanted to throw the toothy bitch out but the manager couldn't lick her arse enough .... she's a prize bitch of the highest order!!

Ruddy nora. Shame on that manager. As for Bobby, when answering the question "What's it like being married to Cilla Black?" he said "rich!". Sounds as horrible as her.
  • Options
    Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Ruddy nora. Shame on that manager. As for Bobby, when answering the question "What's it like being married to Cilla Black?" he said "rich!". Sounds as horrible as her.

Rumour has it he was a complete control freak and that's why he was her manager. Allegedly her marriage wasn't as wonderful as she claimed either.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    Rumour has it he was a complete control freak and that's why he was her manager. Allegedly her marriage wasn't as wonderful as she claimed either.

I've read her autobiography and definitely got that impression about him too.
  • Options
    Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul O'Grady didn't like Cilla Black at the start of the Lilly Savage character now they are complete luvvies Dale Winton was on This Is Your Life not long before the series ended Barbara Windsor was the subject of the programme, Dale Winton came on & said to her why don't you return my calls?? Barbara said I'm too busy darlin' in other words do one nice one Barbara the girls no fool.
  • Options
    Forum Member

What year was this and which restaurant?
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In retrospect, one minute Cilla was never off our tv screens then, all of a sudden, she was no more. Were we ever given an official explanation for this? With regard to Ms Black and the 'cockney sparrow', I never got the impression they were that keen on each other.
This discussion has been closed.