Kate Bush to do live shows in London later this year!!!!

Comments

• augusta9augusta9 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    How much are tickets?

Tickets are priced at £49, £59, £75, £95 and £135.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks gorgeous in the lake pic.
    Ninth Wave played in full?!!! I bet everyone on home ground has fainted! :D
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been to a live concert in years so little appeals. It does now.
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They will.

Nothing to stop someone buying four, using one themselves and then selling the other three. That's what people did when Iron Maiden played the O2 last August.

If I can get a ticket legitimately I'll be there, if not I'm not lining the touts pocket, and I include "re-sale" sites in the word tout.[/QUOTE]

I can see your point, I really can, and I sort of agree with you, however.............in the autumn of last year, my own musical hero Danny Elfman - who does the scores for many of Tim Burton's movies, most memorably Edward Scissorhands (the most beautiful music I have ever heard), The Corpse Bride, one of the Batman films, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the list goes on and on!!! - the man's a genius!) - came to London for a concert of his music at the Royal Albert Hall. A full symphony orchestra played selections of his breathtaking music, while scenes from the films were projected onto a huge screen. The place was packed with Elfman/Burton fans, and when Danny Elfman himself appeared on stage, the whole place went wild, and Mr Elfman seemed totally overwhelmed.

The point being...................the concert sold out before I could get tickets from the Royal Albert Hall (£50 each) so I bought a pair on eBay for £150 each. Obviously, I would have preferred to get them for £50. However, having been to the concert, I can say quite truthfully that I would happily have paid £1000 per ticket, rather than have missed what was literally the best evening of my life.

So yes, I do see what you mean, but if it's something you desperately want to see, whose memory you'll treasure forever, I think you sometimes have to be pragmatic about it (if you can afford it, of course.)

Just my opinion, anyway.
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How to I get a pre-sale code or whatever, I have never heard of these?
  • Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    How to I get a pre-sale code or whatever, I have never heard of these?

You have to go back in time to before 1st of March this year and sign up at katebush.com.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While you're waiting - Here is Steve Coogan's tribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJbjAwvRWLs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to go back in time to before 1st of March this year and sign up at katebush.com.

With scumbags like you planning on reselling tickets, I am so pleased I have two chances at buying them properly. I hope your plan fails massively...if you aren't just on some nasty little wind-up, that is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With scumbags like you planning on reselling tickets, I am so pleased I have two chances at buying them properly. I hope your plan fails massively...if you aren't just on some nasty little wind-up, that is.

Did you read my post?

I said IF I'm left with any tickets (which is unlikely) then I will sell them on at face value and no more.

I'm not looking to make any profit and I would want any spare tickets to go to a proper fan. I would meet them before the show and go in with them. I despise touting as much as anyone.

The way I look at it I will be buying up my full allocation to keep them out of the hands of the touts
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did always say that she wanted to perform before 'she was past it.'
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshNige wrote: »
    Wow, never thought I'd see the day.....:o

http://www.katebush.com/news/dawn

She's past it and outdated now :cool:
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    She did always say that she wanted to perform before 'she was past it.'

Well she's left it too late then. :cool:
  • TreyCTreyC Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing. I fear I won't get tickets because of the bandwagon jumpers who don't care about her or her music, just the buzz about this being a big thing in music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if it's anywhere on the net but how much are the tickets going to retail at? Anyone know?
  • augusta9augusta9 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »
    Sorry if it's anywhere on the net but how much are the tickets going to retail at? Anyone know?

Tickets are priced at £49, £59, £75, £95 and £135.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CM wrote: »
    She's past it and outdated now :cool:

Says who? Judging from the excitement this news has generated you are in a tiny minority.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you read my post?

I said IF I'm left with any tickets (which is unlikely) then I will sell them on at face value and no more.

I'm not looking to make any profit and I would want any spare tickets to go to a proper fan. I would meet them before the show and go in with them. I despise touting as much as anyone.

The way I look at it I will be buying up my full allocation to keep them out of the hands of the touts

The way you look at is is wrong. You are every bit as bad as the touts. Wny not just get the number of tickets you personally need and let everyone else buy their tickets the official way? It makes no sense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - how do these ticket agencies work online. Can you select best available or do you have to choose a price band first and if so which one would you get. Guess it's going to be like a 1/20 chance of getting tix even if you refresh non stop.

This news is so exciting - wonder just how big the demand will be. I do remember when Aerial came out to so much fanfare and discussion being her first album after 12 years and only made no.3 in the charts. So her influence and popularity is perhaps overstated. And I'm saying this in a hopeful way as I want tickets...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »
    wonder just how big the demand will be

I think trying to get tickets, especially in the general sale, will be utter madness. I'm not looking forward to it at all actually. I think I'll only feel true excitement once I've secured my place.

At least Kate obviously cares deeply for her real fans and is doing everything in her power to trying and stop arsehole touts and people like Finny Skeleta from ruining things. She is such a wonderful person and many could do with taking a leaf out of her book when it comes to how to treat others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way you look at is is wrong. You are every bit as bad as the touts. Wny not just get the number of tickets you personally need and let everyone else buy their tickets the official way? It makes no sense.

How about because at such short notice and with what is likely to be a very short window of opportunity I don't know how many I am going to need?

I'm definitely going, I've got two probables and two maybes...that's five already, I can only buy four at a time. If the two maybes both become definites then I'm short one. If they both say no then I've got one left over.

If it was the type of gig where you could just rock up on the day and pay on the door then I'd let everyone fend for themselves. However, seeing as the pre-sale could be the best chance of getting tickets everyone will be relying on me.

So I will be buying four tickets. Best case scenario is three of my friends want tickets. Worst case scenario is four of them want tickets. Other scenario is two of them want tickets and I'm left with one which I will sell on to another Kate Bush fan for the exact amount of money I paid for it in the first place.

Considering I could probably make a very hefty profit on a ticket but I refuse to do so I fail to see what is so reprehensible about what I may do.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about because at such short notice and with what is likely to be a very short window of opportunity I don't know how many I am going to need?

I'm definitely going, I've got two probables and two maybes...that's five already, I can only buy four at a time. If the two maybes both become definites then I'm short one. If they both say no then I've got one left over.

If it was the type of gig where you could just rock up on the day and pay on the door then I'd let everyone fend for themselves. However, seeing as the pre-sale could be the best chance of getting tickets everyone will be relying on me.

So I will be buying four tickets. Best case scenario is three of my friends want tickets. Worst case scenario is four of them want tickets. Other scenario is two of them want tickets and I'm left with one which I will sell on to another Kate Bush fan for the exact amount of money I paid for it in the first place.

Considering I could probably make a very hefty profit on a ticket but I refuse to do so I fail to see what is so reprehensible about what I may do.

I see no issue with what your doing your selling the one ticket which may or may not be spare to another fan for no extra cost. It's fair and pragmatic as opposed to touts who are greedy money grabbers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I see no issue with what your doing your selling the one ticket which may or may not be spare to another fan for no extra cost. It's fair and pragmatic as opposed to touts who are greedy money grabbers.

Thanks, that's how I was hoping it would come across. I'm a bit surprised that Jane has taken so much offence.

Music is much more important to me than money. As far as I'm concerned money is just something that helps you get more music.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I'm severely misunderstanding Finny, in which case I truly and sincerely apologise for an unfair attack. I'm just REALLY sensitive to touting or anything that resembles it in any way, is all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tangsman wrote: »
    Another example of London-centric Britain.

Because no other country gives their captial city any importance ever, no Sir. The chip so many on DS have on their shoulder towards London is unbelievable. Where is that rolling eye smilie when you need it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm severely misunderstanding Finny, in which case I truly and sincerely apologise for an unfair attack. I'm just REALLY sensitive to touting or anything that resembles it in any way, is all.

Apology accepted. My intentions are entirely honest and revolve around having four Kate Bush fans with their arses on seats in the Hammersmith Odeon having paid the advertised price for tickets, whether they are friends or strangers,

I can honestly say that I have never made any money from the sale of a ticket unless I have been performing onstage or the handful of times I've been paid as a sound man. I've been promoting shows and managing bands for years now but I've never taken a penny from it; I try to break even personally but any profit I make goes to the performers. Any time I've had spare tickets to gigs or rugby matches I've always sold them on at exactly face value.

I've never bought off a tout either because I don't want to support that 'industry'.

I never say no to a thank-you pint though. :D