Egotistical R&B producers

VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
Forum Member
Timbaland....Darkchild....and the annoying laugh and voice of Jermaine Dupri as 3 main examples of having to have their name or voice on a track.
Imagine if we heard "Good evening I'm George Martin. Strawberry Fields forever everybody" at the beginning....etc etc

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    It's not just them. I can think of many more! Rico Love, Danja, Mike Will Made It, RedOne, Swizz Beatz. It is a little annoying, but maybe that's their way of advertising themselves, so I don't mind that much. Besides, if the artists can put up with it in THEIR songs, why would I be upset about it. Plus, if the artist is a big star or a heavyweight in the industry, no producer dares to put their names on the track's instrumental.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it doesn`t really bother me, i think sometimes especially in some Danja tracks it works for me anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J J J J... Jr
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Rico Love's signature. Most times it just flows with the song because the artist will say it right before they start singing, or if he says it, like during Kelly Rowland's Motivation, it is pretty undetectable unless you are looking for it. But every time I here an artist say, "Turn The Lights On" I know exactly who produced it and don't have to wonder.

Mike Will's is just annoying for some reason. Rico's is at least a bit discreet, but Mike Will is all in your face. I never mind Timbaland on a track because he adds to the song.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    *whispers* maaaaafia
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    With Timbaland, often he's beat-boxing in the background, so it's actually part of the song.

A producer having a sound effect play or their name shouted out at the beginning of a track doesn't bother me much either, since I like to know who produced a track (although with some producers like RedOne it's not necessary, since you can tell he produced a track just by how it sounds lol).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJ Khaled is the worst and he totally ruins what could be really good songs with that stupid voice! Also, mixtapes hosted by Trap-A-Holics can be ruined by use of "damn son where'd you find this" and "trap-a-holics biatch" in stupid accents ;( I get their promotional shout outs but I don't get why they need to say daft things and worse so, in really stupid accents!!! Ahhhhhh!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    I don't really mind most of them, as they're usually sung along in the song's melody (i.e. Just Dance), but Mike Will Made It is really annoying, why does he have to use that robotic, stupid voice in all the songs he produces. Agh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok this is another one! Certain music videos which have been uploaded as exclusives by HoodAffairs say, repeatedly, "this is a hood affairs exclusive" to the point where it is beyond saturation! Example is within the first 5 seconds of this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZ02vUJsgQ They do it on other videos too... ;(
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    Ok this is another one! Certain music videos which have been uploaded as exclusives by HoodAffairs say, repeatedly, "this is a hood affairs exclusive" to the point where it is beyond saturation! Example is within the first 5 seconds of this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZ02vUJsgQ They do it on other videos too... ;(

oh yes - this is a muthafukkin exclusive B-b-b-b-b-rooklyn
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember when Puffy started ad-libbing through the records he produced back in the mid-90's. I didn't mind it at first as his vocals were buried quite deep into the mix, but later on he just started shouting over the whole record and it became so irritating.