Grammy Awards...

123457»

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,911
    Forum Member
    ultros wrote: »
    Girl On Fire is a snoozefest of a song + Maroon 5 suck :mad:

BRING BACK TAYLOR SWIFT !!! (I missed it :()

One of the worst songs of 2012 in my opinion. It just doesn't flow properly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    What a trainwreck! I only liked Rihanna's performance and I also kind of liked Bruno Mars and Miguel. But that's it. Nothing else grabbed me at all. And Justin Timberlake alongside with Maroon 5 (Alicia was surprisingly tolerable) were the night's biggest embarassments.

The winners were fine to a certain extent except for Adele winning best pop solo performance for a live show (they went way too far to flatter her), Taylor winning 'Best song for visual media' and all the urban categories. 'Climax' and 'Love On Top'???? Drake's album instead of Nas' masterpiece? Kanye and Jay winning all the rap categories?? A mess.
  • SweetHeartHollySweetHeartHolly Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ultros wrote: »
    Taylor was robbed :mad:
    I agree and so was Hunter Hayes. Will the act who got his Best New Artist award even still be around in another year or so? I am also sick of seeing the more deserving acts lose the country awards to Carrie Underwood. The Best Country Solo award should have gone to Dierks Bentley and "The Cost Of Living" should have been named the best country song over "Blown Away". :(:(:(

Congrats to Little Big Town on their first Grammy award win (Best Country Duo/Group Performance) and to the Zac Brown Band on their Best Country Album award win too! :):):)

God bless you and these wonderful acts of country music always!!! :):):)

Holly
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    What a trainwreck! I only liked Rihanna's performance and I also kind of liked Bruno Mars and Miguel. But that's it. Nothing else grabbed me at all. And Justin Timberlake alongside with Maroon 5 (Alicia was surprisingly tolerable) were the night's biggest embarassments.

The winners were fine to a certain extent except for Adele winning best pop solo performance for a live show (they went way too far to flatter her), Taylor winning 'Best song for visual media' and all the urban categories. 'Climax' and 'Love On Top'???? Drake's album instead of Nas' masterpiece? Kanye and Jay winning all the rap categories?? A mess.

Bruno Marrs :eek::eek: He and Sting were awful. Out of time and all over the place, how embarrassing. Rihanna was amazing though, she always nails it with Stay. The rest you mentioned were embarrassing, I agree.

Fun. were the worst by far. I was dying inside for them.

Apart from Rihanna, Kelly, Carrie & Frank Ocean (also Kanye/Jay-z N*ggas in Paris) the winners were ridiculous. Fun. never deserved to win & I'm sorry I love Adele but that award should have been Kelly's for Stronger.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taylor wasn't robbed, because she did walk away with a grammy. Safe & Sound won best song written for a motion picture, which she herself did actually write.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    She has a good voice Granted but that album as a whole was poor and yes we're going on Vocals but i thought Florence and P!nk had far superior albums to her both vocally and musically and was a bit of a measly win just opinion of course.

The album wasn't poor at all. Kelly's best work to date and if we are going on vocals/lyrics also streets ahead of the vast majority of female commercial Pop albums that were released in 2011-2012. Very deserved winner.
  • RecurringRecurring Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Didn't watch them but I've read the results and watched some videos. The nominations for all the major categories were pretty safe and uninspiring to be honest, moreso than usual (ie. the Album of the Year nominations were horrific). Channel Orange was the only one nominated I rated, and even so I wouldn't describe it as the best album last year. Nas was (once again) cheated in the rap album and rap/sung categories with Amy Winehouse, I found all the Fun. nominations baffling, and I thought Florence should have received the Pop Vocal Album purely because, even though it wasn't a groundbreaking album, it was still better than the rest in the category.

One thing that annoys me is the Grammy's tendency of homogenising the nominations with the same 5 or 6 artists (that labels are pushing for). This year it was Fun., Frank Ocean, The Black Keys, Miguel, Kelly Clarkson and to a lesser degree Mumford & Sons and Jack White. It's as political as the Brits but much more noticeable due to the grander scale, and it's a bit of a joke when there are obvious and more deserving omissions in many of the categories because of this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I'm chuffed that Trent went home with one. That's about the only thing I've read about these awards that's interested me.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor wasn't robbed, because she did walk away with a grammy. Safe & Sound won best song written for a motion picture, which she herself did actually write.

She co-wrote it with The Civil Wars, and the result was a track which leant heavily on The Civil Wars IMO.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so happy Kelly Clarkson won Best Pop Vocal Album but It's a joke that Adele won pop solo performance, That should have been Kelly's award too for Stronger. Adele's been out of the limelight for a year now with no new Music for over 2 years - Them adding a live version of SFTTR was to just make her win an award becuase it's Adele, Knew from the second they did that it was her award.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Bruno Marrs :eek::eek: He and Sting were awful. Out of time and all over the place, how embarrassing. Rihanna was amazing though, she always nails it with Stay. The rest you mentioned were embarrassing, I agree.

Fun. were the worst by far. I was dying inside for them.

Apart from Rihanna, Kelly, Carrie & Frank Ocean (also Kanye/Jay-z N*ggas in Paris) the winners were ridiculous. Fun. never deserved to win & I'm sorry I love Adele but that award should have been Kelly's for Stronger.
    Sting was indeed awful, but I don't think Bruno was bad at all and I'm far from a fan. Compared to the other performers, he did a good job. Especially compared to JT (who was simply boring) and Miguel (who started yodelling and screaming for no reason at some point). He did a decent job.

Adele only won because they wanted her to attend. As far as 'N***s in Paris' goes, it deserved to win in one of the categories, but mainly because of the beat and because of the actual "rap performance" that the category is supposed to be focused on. Nas got robbed. Once again! It's unbelievable how he has no Grammy's.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so happy Kelly Clarkson won Best Pop Vocal Album but It's a joke that Adele won pop solo performance, That should have been Kelly's award too for Stronger. Adele's been out of the limelight for a year now with no new Music for over 2 years - Them adding a live version of SFTTR was to just make her win an award becuase it's Adele, Knew from the second they did that it was her award.

Sarah Mclachlan won the same award for a live song in 1998 a year after it's initial release it isn't new and i for one think Adele deserved that win was a great Live vocal ;)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »
    She co-wrote it with The Civil Wars, and the result was a track which leant heavily on The Civil Wars IMO.

I disagree. The Civil Wars pretty much did the backing vocals and added next to nothing on the track
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    Sting was indeed awful, but I don't think Bruno was bad at all and I'm far from a fan. Compared to the other performers, he did a good job. Especially compared to JT (who was simply boring) and Miguel (who started yodelling and screaming for no reason at some point). He did a decent job.

In my opinion for Bruno's standards it was poor. However in comparison to everyone else it was decent. Also Justin Timberlake's new music is boring & a massive let down. Especially when compared to the epic 'Sexy Back' & 'What Goes Around'. Also in every single picture I've seen from last night he seemed very uncomfortable and awkward.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    I disagree. The Civil Wars pretty much did the backing vocals and added next to nothing on the track

My speculation is they wrote a big portion of the track but Taylor's label were never going to allow a vocalist as amazing as Joy Williams to share lead vocals on that track, that's for sure. :D Great news for The Civil Wars, though - their Grammy record is now nominated 3 times, won 3 times. I just hope they can sort out their differences, the music world needs such talent to be a part of it.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thrilled that underrated RnB songs Love on Top and Climax by Beyonce and Usher respectively won a Grammy each.

Also brilliant to see Gotye win big, Somebody That I Used To Know was one of my most favourite songs of 2012, and the wins were well deserved.