Android Games, what do you play?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm curious to know what people play from the Google Play store.
When I had my iPhone the app store had lots of categories for games, so I would search the top 100 of each and find new games all the time.

On my S3 mini I there isn't as many categories to browse through so I'm certain I'm missing on out on some really good games that maybe way down the chart list.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hello,
    I am a great fan of shooting games for Android phones. This is my favorite list.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    I play a lot of games on my Galaxy S4 that I also have played on my iPhone and iPad. Football Manager, Hobbit: Kingdom of Middle Earth, Book of Heroes, Angry Birds and Spacetime's Legends rpgs. The problem with Android is that it's the second choice for the bigger mobile developers so you won't see many exclusive AAA titles. A lot of ios games don't get ported over either. The platform is the first choice for many very small developers though because it's easier to get into the Play store than the App store.

One thing that may change things though is that Android is winning the hardware specs war as well as the numbers game. The battle by Android manufacturers to out do each other is creating ever more powerful handsets and tablets every few months. Games developers are always attracted to cutting edge hardware and so we may end up with the PC scenario where the more popular and powerful Windows platform is the first choice for games.

Droidgamers is probably the top Android gaming site.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Inotia 3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Jurassic Park Builder, Crazy Taxi and Candy Crush
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTA Vice City - I'm not much of a fan of touch-screen gaming, but this isn't a bad version at all and works silky-smooth on my xperia SP.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chess and pool.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Meadow, Heroes Call and Lets Golf are all free, fairly light on the IAP's and all rather good. In particular DM, which is a very stylish first person Survive Horror with light RPG touches. All run very slick on Nexus 7, mind you everything does!
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been out a while now this one, but New Star Soccer is a sim, management, RPG style football title that's received some highly respectable plaudits from the gaming media..

PocketGamer Gold Award - "You'll suffer the highs and lows of its simply presented matches with the grin of a true addict plastered across your face."

Telegraph - "It's a wonderful little game but it will eat your life."

Eurogamer App of the Day - "The best football game on mobile and tablets."

Couple er quid, can't go wrong..:)

NSS - £1.99
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been out a while now this one, but New Star Soccer is a sim, management, RPG style football title that's received some highly respectable plaudits from the gaming media..

PocketGamer Gold Award - "You'll suffer the highs and lows of its simply presented matches with the grin of a true addict plastered across your face."

Telegraph - "It's a wonderful little game but it will eat your life."

Eurogamer App of the Day - "The best football game on mobile and tablets."

Couple er quid, can't go wrong..:)

NSS - £1.99

I had this on my iPhone and got it again when I got my S3 mini.
    Got my full size S3 now and don't want to start a new game AGAIN but it is addictive, I spent hours at a time on it some days.

Another game I enjoyed on the iPhone but haven't seen on the Google Play store was Soccer Dice. I really miss that game and haven't found anything similar yet!
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Well back when I had a phone that actually worked ( :( ) I had a terrible addiction to Piano Master. It jammed now and again, but it was just such a satisfying little game... and it did genuinely help. I began transferring what I learned to a real keyboard and I can now do about half of Moonlight Sonata I without ever having had a piano lesson :p
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Total Snooker, Total Pool and Angry Birds mostly.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Angry Birds
    Temple Run
    Paper Toss
    Lep's World
    Solitaire
    Apple Bubbles
    Bad Piggies
    Android Invasion
    Snake '97
    Stick City Run
    Horse Meat Inspector
    Zombirds
    Jewels Saga

These are the main ones I play but I have others as well.
  • MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have loads of apps/games downloaded to my S4, but currently my favourite is Plants vs Zombies 2. Previously was Aralon HD.