Warehouse 13 Season 4 U.S Pace

Comments

• barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Is there no Christmas special this year, as well as the season itself being cut short?

I wish there was but I don't think there is since it's midway through the season, even though it just feels like two separate seasons. I really enjoyed the Christmas specials as well, a pity we won't get another one :( I hope they surprise us though! Would love to see Myka's sister return, maybe she could give birth on Christmas and it can be a take on the Nativity or something :p
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody Syfy. It is effectively two separate seasons, given how long we have to wait for the "second half".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long to go now till Season 4.5. April 29th. The wait has been too long, I hope the ratings don't suffer because of it.

Anyway, for those that haven't seen it, Syfy did an excellent recap of the show so far. It's brilliant! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnMT0LTyM-g
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any idea of when the rest of Season 4 will appear on Syfy UK??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not long to go now till Season 4.5. April 29th. The wait has been too long, I hope the ratings don't suffer because of it.

Anyway, for those that haven't seen it, Syfy did an excellent recap of the show so far. It's brilliant! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnMT0LTyM-g

I doubt that the ratings will suffer due to the wait being too long - this season is for all intents and purposes the next season, but starting in April instead of July.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not looking forward to it as much as I would like.

Am a bit worried it will be a 'Reset' situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt that the ratings will suffer due to the wait being too long - this season is for all intents and purposes the next season, but starting in April instead of July.

True. It does feel like two shorter seasons instead of one longer one split into two. If there's a next season, then who knows when it's going to come out, and I really hope they return to a full 13-episode runthrough.
    I'm not looking forward to it as much as I would like.

Am a bit worried it will be a 'Reset' situation.

I am a bit worried about it as well, although I suppose the first half effectively reset everything from the end of Season 3. But then I love H.G. so I shouldn't complain too much :p I'm worried that there still won't be as much Pete and Myka. They seemed to get pushed into the background a bit in 4.0, which was silly considering some of the better parts of it were their scenes. I did like the first half of the season, but I hope this next half will improve on it. Looking forward to Polly Walker's appearance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True. It does feel like two shorter seasons instead of one longer one split into two. If there's a next season, then who knows when it's going to come out, and I really hope they return to a full 13-episode runthrough.

Doubtful, IMO.

This is what Syfy does when a show has been running for a while...a longer season cut in half and spread over two years. Happened to BSG and Eureka, probably other things too (& not just on Syfy, others do it too).

It's cheaper than renewing people's contracts for a new season each year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Episode 11 seems to be 'out there'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it wasn't exactly a reset, but everything that had previously happened was a waste of time.
    I'm not keen on 'in your head' episodes, it is lazy writing IMO.
    Good to see James Marsters, hope we get to see his character again. Not keen on his wife hope she isn't this season's bad guy.
    Good to see Leena even if it was just in Artie's head.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 11 seems to be 'out there'.

I was wondering how you had seen it but I see now that Syfy has the episode up on their site. That's pretty cool, but I'm going to be strong and wait till it airs :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the 4.5 premiere was great. Such an improvement already from 4.0 which seems strange to me considering the whole season was shot at the same time. A good balance this time between Pete/Myka and Jinks/Claudia scenes. I thought the episode was well developed and I liked that much of its focus was on what Artie had done to Leena. I'm glad they didn't trivialise her death and showed how much her being gone meant to everyone. Shame they didn't utilise her character more, I'm going to miss her.

Also good guests. Mama Lattimer, McPherson, and now Charlotte and Sutton. I have never watched Buffy, so I was so surprised to learn that James Masters was Spike! Didn't recognise him from adverts I've seen of the show.

I think this half could be much better than the first half. It's already promising and from what I've heard that's coming up, it does sound like it's going to be really good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never watched Buffy

What?! :eek:

Well, then... you need to rectify that! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Syfy still hasn't renewed this :(

I have a horrible feeling that they're going to shaft it like they did Eureka... They've already done their usual thing of giving us one long season split over two years instead of a full 12/13 episodes last year and a full 12/13 episodes this year...
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,535
    Forum Member
    Syfy still hasn't renewed this :(

I have a horrible feeling that they're going to shaft it like they did Eureka... They've already done their usual thing of giving us one long season split over two years instead of a full 12/13 episodes last year and a full 12/13 episodes this year...
    They have only shown two episodes since the break! There won't be any news of renewal/cancellation before July I suspect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it doesn't get cancelled because this half of the season has been brilliant so far in my opinion. I loved the latest episode with Pete and Myka being stuck in the black and white 1940s. It had some great humour and an interesting artefact.

I suppose there wasn't much to Artie, Claudia and Jinks' story but I guess it was more just developing how Artie is coping with what has happened.

Also, just to the episode before, I thought it was great and all, but I was peeved off that we find out what Leena actually did in the Warehouse after she died!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    tiger2000 wrote: »
    They have only shown two episodes since the break! There won't be any news of renewal/cancellation before July I suspect.

It was just announced that SyFy have picked it up for a 6 episode fifth and final season.

http://m.deadline.com/2013/05/warehouse-13-final-season-syfy-renewal/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    It was just announced that SyFy have picked it up for a 6 episode fifth and final season.

http://m.deadline.com/2013/05/warehouse-13-final-season-syfy-renewal/

I'm so gutted it's going to be the last season, and only six episodes! At least it gets a proper ending but 13 episodes would've been better.

Why does SyFy get rid of all its good shows :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I'm so gutted it's going to be the last season, and only six episodes! At least it gets a proper ending but 13 episodes would've been better.

Why does SyFy get rid of all its good shows :cry:

To be totally honest, i've been losing interest in the show during Season 4, so much so that i completely missed that it returned the other week. If it hadn't been announced that the next season would be the last i probably would have stopped watching it, but since we're so close to the end now i figured i may as well see it out.

The ratings for the show on Syfy have been on the slide too unfortunately, so while it's easy to try and blame Syfy for cancelling nearly all of their sci-fi shows, it's really the audiences fault for not tuning in.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I do think it's run out of steam and is getting a little tedious at times to be honest. Still I'm glad it's going to end properly, with a final few episodes that are planned as the final episodes, rather than just not being renewed.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would just like to say I am a newbie to this show and have now caught up with all the episodes
    Shame it will be ending next season, but then that means i can buy a complete series boxset if one is released.

If syfy get rid of Haven next, i will be gutted. As long as they give it time to end.
  • daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god I'd generally forgotten about haven but I think that probobally is next :( rip wh13, southland and touch
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think it's run out of steam and is getting a little tedious at times to be honest. Still I'm glad it's going to end properly, with a final few episodes that are planned as the final episodes, rather than just not being renewed.

I feel the same way. I enjoy watching this show but at some point last year my interest in it was waning. I didn't even know that the 2nd half of the current season had already started and I still cannot be bothered to turn it on. I do like the show but I'm also bored with it. I'll play catch-up with it on the "On Demand" channel someday.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Syfy don't like their shows to last after 5 seasons

Farscape lasted 4
    Sanctuary lasted 4
    Eureka lasted 5
    Haven is now filming the 4th season
    Lost girl has been given a 4th
    Defiance is still a newborn
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, a very good episode, but...

... Was anyone else massively disappointed when HG's boyfriend came to the door? I guess that means there's no chance of Myka and HG getting together then, despite both actresses previously playing it like they were more than friends :(