Best wallpaper sites?

jezzerjezzer Posts: 705
Forum Member
✭✭
Been trying to find some good wallpaper sites Zedge is one ive been using but i cant use the app for wallpaper as it selects the wrong size for my phone,No problem though i just use their website.

Comments

• Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What phone is it? I'm guessing a smaller screened android? Hence why wall papers aren't the right size?

I don't know about Android but on iphone I always used "wallpapers HD", got every kind of picture you can think of. But that may not help you as you can't select the size (as far as I know I've never tried)

Have you tried using google search? Search for wall papers but put the size of your screen into the search, then select images, see what it comes up with
  • jezzerjezzer Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Its a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 screen res is 480x800.

I have done a search in google images but was just wondering what sites people use if any. Cheers
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im surprised the wallpaper apps dont detect and download the correct screen size.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems im not the only one with problems on the samsungs with the zedge app: quote from zedge forum:

**user** Being a SGSII owner I'd like to see 480x800 wallpapers for the device as it is the default resolution. All I find in Zedge are the 960*800 scrollable ones, so any ideas?

Reply: 480 * 800 is just a single screen size , androids have upto 7 screens so that is the standard resolution , sorry for the messup.

**User** Android may have 7 screens but I don't use them all, besides except one screen all the screens are filled up with apps and stuffs. So it's meaningless to have a wall for those screens for me. And GSII's screen resolution is 480x800, not 960x800. Don't know why Zedge had put all scrollable walls but there should be a section of 480x800 walls, the original resolution of GSII.
    Meanwhile I've to use my profile as S8500 to get 480x800,
    So for zedge i have done what this chap has been doing and enter select a different mobile. Shame you cant put a different model in the app itself but there is no way you can do this.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I have the same phone as the OP and I just go online and search for something and then save it to my phone. Both my lock and home screen photos are from Google Images.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you ever used Zedge?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    jezzer wrote: »
    Have you ever used Zedge?

No but the wallpaper I wanted probably wouldn't have been on it. I tend to go for really obscure things.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deviantArt, best site for finding images IMO.