Constant beeping noise coming from phone

Don't know where else to post this ....

My phone keeps making this beeping noise from the charger and I've had to unplug it. It's a BT Studio 3500. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beeping usually means batteries low and need to be recharged in the handset. Is the battery indicator on the display full or low, the battery icon should also flash when empty? It could mean that the batteries need replacing if they won't hold a charge.

You can also get bleeps when a handset is out of range of the base station but you would have to had turned this option on first.
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or there could be a message on the answer phone...
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or you could have left it off hook. ie connected
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its sometimes somethng to do with the phone line as well.

I've got a dodgey phone line that someone only has to breath in the junction box out in the garden and my line used to go off and every so often usually at night or when the weathers bad it goes beep beep every so often.
    Lines fine when you pick it up, I asked BT one time and they said it was just something that happens.

Try plugging in a corded phone in there if you've got an old one hanging around and see if its doing it. Or plug it into another phone socket if you've got two.
    My next suggestion would be the batteries. Those rechargable ones don't last that long these days. Not as most people leave them plugged into the charger all the time as I sometimes think that doesn't help. I usually go through a set a year making the cordless phones not so cheap after all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just remembered. The batteries are flat or not recharging. Check the charger is switched on. Buy new rechargeable NiCds from B&Q or supermarket.

Less than a tenner for 4 AAs with charger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry soulboy, you get there before me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I bought a new charger and batteries today so we'll see if that helps. I'll let you know.

Thanks again for your replies.