Cineworld Unlimited Premium.

Comments

• GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I don't do it often. But when there is a good run of films on and it's a horrible Sunday instead of sitting in the house watching TV a couple of us go to the cinema for the day.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this thread who does it. :p

i used to do it a lot when i had my original Unlimited Card,not done it with this one though,probably because i was footloose and fancy free when i had my UGC one:D
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Ah, right. Tallest cinema in the country, I believe! At mine you can get tickets at any counter, despite there being a separate box office. Maybe try it and see if it works!

It is actually the tallest cinema in the world.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you book online using your unlimited card you can now pick up your ticket at the ATM by entering the booking reference.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the Premium cards now having been dished out, can anyone tell me what you're allowed to do now with your regular Cineworld Unlimited card? What changes/concessions do we get?
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    With the Premium cards now having been dished out, can anyone tell me what you're allowed to do now with your regular Cineworld Unlimited card? What changes/concessions do we get?

Well since the premium cards are to reward those "loyal" customers who have had their memberships over a period of years I would guess that there would be no changes to the regular card since they would kind of diminish the reward of the premium members.

So I would say regular would be the same with the 15% food discount and unlimited film going pleasure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well since the premium cards are to reward those "loyal" customers who have had their memberships over a period of years I would guess that there would be no changes to the regular card since they would kind of diminish the reward of the premium members.

So I would say regular would be the same with the 15% food discount and unlimited film going pleasure.

I thought Unlimited Card holders can now book online and get their tickets from the ATM machines instead of at the counter? Or is that for Premium card holders only?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Unlimited Card holders can now book online and get their tickets from the ATM machines instead of at the counter? Or is that for Premium card holders only?

anyone can,premium or otherwise
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one still waiting for their card?
  • bvmjainbvmjain Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »

No -- in fact the staff at the London cineworlds seem to get worried on my behalf- as when they swipe my card, they can see that I am a premium member- but haven't had the new card yet...They have a leaflet that they can give you with a number to call if you haven't received the new card.
  • PenicilinaPenicilina Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »

I haven't had mine either yet, but I only just realised I most likely haven't updated my address with them since I moved as there wasn't really any need to, and I didn't think about it when I got the email regarding this.

So I've called the helpline and I have to email them my new address (I like that, you call them only to be given an email address) and if I can go back to my old address to see if I can pick it up, or if that isn't doable I have to wait until the 14th of January before they will reissue it.

The only thing I'm not sure about, is if your picture is on the new card as in images I've seen it only seems to have your name, which obviously waives any security the card had.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Penicilina wrote: »
    I haven't had mine either yet, but I only just realised I most likely haven't updated my address with them since I moved as there wasn't really any need to, and I didn't think about it when I got the email regarding this.

So I've called the helpline and I have to email them my new address (I like that, you call them only to be given an email address) and if I can go back to my old address to see if I can pick it up, or if that isn't doable I have to wait until the 14th of January before they will reissue it.

The only thing I'm not sure about, is if your picture is on the new card as in images I've seen it only seems to have your name, which obviously waives any security the card had.

your picture is on the back of the card
  • PenicilinaPenicilina Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    your picture is on the back of the card

Ah good to know, thanks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I too am a member, the benefits are

25% off food

No surcharges for 3D films
  • hallstarhallstar Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not received a new card either and I know my address has been updated as they sent me a letter telling me that my annual subscription is due to run out.

Not that worried though as I have decided that I will not be renewing. Had it for 2 years and it was great, think I saw about 120 films but lately it has felt like the novelty has worn off, so I am going back to when a trip to the cinema was rare and spelt a bit more special.
  • nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Unless they start getting stricter with checking cards, I can see us losing the ability to book online. The last time I went, I gave my mate my unlimited card number and he booked online; paying for himself and using my card number for my ticket. He then picked up the tickets using his credit card and we went through, me never having taken the Unlimited card out of my wallet. I could have been anyone else.
  • DarreninessexDarreninessex Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    When booking with a unlimited card, do you have to collect tickets from the counter as the machine wouldn't let me collect.

Normally I go to cinema with wife on a orange Wednesday and therefore always have to go to counter to give orange Wednesday number and then buy popcorn drink etc.

However I booked online for ' Flight' at he O2 and the machine would not let me pick them up, had to g to till.

So bearing in mind you have to collect 20 mins early, I queued 10 mins to collect tickets and then go back again to buy popcorn and drink. So total queuing time was in excess of 20 mins

Is this really necessary.....when my tickets and unlimited card got checked when we went to watch film
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When booking with a unlimited card, do you have to collect tickets from the counter as the machine wouldn't let me collect.

Normally I go to cinema with wife on a orange Wednesday and therefore always have to go to counter to give orange Wednesday number and then buy popcorn drink etc.

However I booked online for ' Flight' at he O2 and the machine would not let me pick them up, had to g to till.

So bearing in mind you have to collect 20 mins early, I queued 10 mins to collect tickets and then go back again to buy popcorn and drink. So total queuing time was in excess of 20 mins

Is this really necessary.....when my tickets and unlimited card got checked when we went to watch film

ive recently used the Ticket machines to pick them up just inputted my booking reference from online
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They don't make it clear on the website but once booked as the poster above me says you just need your booking reference. You enter it and the tickets pop out. Don't put the card in. Also in my experience they don't enforce the 20 minute rule yet. This may change when we get Into summer movie season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since these new changes i've now never had to wait in line to get tickets for a film.

I book online using my Cineworld Unlimited membership, pick day and time i want to see any film, once tickets are booked i note down the ref. no. and type it into my mobile phone, arrive at Cineworld, go to ATM machine, type in the ref. no. and hey presto tickets are yours.

No waiting in line, no queues, no hassle. Everyone should be doing this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since these new changes i've now never had to wait in line to get tickets for a film.

I book online using my Cineworld Unlimited membership, pick day and time i want to see any film, once tickets are booked i note down the ref. no. and type it into my mobile phone, arrive at Cineworld, go to ATM machine, type in the ref. no. and hey presto tickets are yours.

No waiting in line, no queues, no hassle. Everyone should be doing this.

If everyone did then surely the ticket desks would then be clear and there would be queues at the machines,lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Also in my experience they don't enforce the 20 minute rule yet. This may change when we get Into summer movie season.

Same here, i arrived five minutes before the start time for 'Flight' on Friday night and it still printed my ticket. I think that the 20 minute rule might apply in cases when the film is getting near to selling out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If everyone did then surely the ticket desks would then be clear and there would be queues at the machines,lol

I should have said everyone with an Unlimited membership should be doing this. Lol. Have never been in a queue at the machines unless it's peak time viewing which i avoid where it's possible there could be.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is this 20min rule?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    What is this 20min rule?

If you order a ticket online with an unlimited card you're supposed to pick it up no later than 20 mins before the showing starts. Otherwise they say they will release the ticket back on sale. They haven't been doing that though. I have got there 15 mins after the advertised start time and been able to pick my ticket up.
  • AcornatiAcornati Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's interesting, I haven't bothered using the machines due to the 20 min rule but will give it a go next time. Better than queuing.