Best looking console

Comments

• Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there's ever an award for worst looking console (including add-ons), this one wins hands down.:D

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/23/the-leaning-tower-of-sega/
  • mattster1mattster1 Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    the Ouya certainly isn't the best but I think its the best looking.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    If modded consoles count I'd say my original crystal Xbox with X3 LCD front panel. It just looks incredible sitting under the TV.

For stock consoles I'd say the RE4 LE Gamecube with Black GB player attached. It make the console a proper cube shape and it just look awesome!

This gen, the 360s (vertically stood). Some of the special editions in particular are real sweet to look at. I'd collect them all if I had the money.
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of all my consoles I think the Sega Dreamcast is the best looking, it looks like a console and has all the right dimensions. I think my launch PS3 looks pretty sweet too, always have liked the look of Playstations.

:) Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Everybody knows the original Sega Megadrive is the sexiest looking console. Still.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The american SNEs has to be the worst. Hideous beyond belief. And i generally like purple

I don't think any of the SNES models were especially attractive or cosmetically appealing. You're right the US one was nasty, but the Jap/EU one looked like a Fisher Price toy, and felt like one in use too. It was robust, which is about the best thing you can say about its looks, and damning with faint praise.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the look of the XBOX360 Star Wars limited edition, with the R2-D2 skin.

I also liked the coloured transparent N64s (even though they were completely ripping off iMacs)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZLIZM_mtHC8/T6V9K2pTMyI/AAAAAAAAAUQ/OVC24x08HxU/s1600/DSCI1095.jpg

However those two are special editions, if we're going for a standard console then I like the PSOne. I like how it resembled the earlier PS, but in a much cuter, curvy way that was more pleasing on the eye.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The N64 was super cute.
    The GameCube looked like a funky handbag that you would take clubbing.
  • FillyourbootsFillyourboots Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    I would suggest the Panasonic Q, which was a great combination of console and AV device at the time. nowadays it still looks cool - albeit in a 'modded-PC' sort of way.

I think I'd go with the PC Engine, a distinctly different console to those available at the time. Small too, but very powerful and the games were stunning for the time.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Neo Geo.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    purple gamecube, the controller was very nice
    Forum Member
    I would suggest the Panasonic Q, which was a great combination of console and AV device at the time. nowadays it still looks cool - albeit in a 'modded-PC' sort of way.

It's certainly a very cool machine but a little too "bling" for my tastes.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Must admit I had to google that.

Looks like a fax machine IMHO :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    scooby1970 wrote: »
    Of all my consoles I think the Sega Dreamcast is the best looking, it looks like a console and has all the right dimensions.

:) Mark

Got to agree with this the Dreamcast was a beautiful looking machine ... mine is on display in my living room at the moment ... it's all modern in'it :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I'd go with the PC Engine, a distinctly different console to those available at the time. Small too, but very powerful and the games were stunning for the time.

That looks like a Nintendo gamecube prototype without the purple trouser Joker paint.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My top 3 in order:

1: N64
    2. Xbox 360S
    3. Dreamcast
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Top 3 for me 1) Dreamcast
    2) PSone mini
    3) N64
    Forum Member
    If you're talking Mega Drive it has to be the Japanese version. We got a really boring looking machine in comparison. Plus I loved the big 16-bit logo on top!
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you're talking Mega Drive it has to be the Japanese version. We got a really boring looking machine in comparison. Plus I loved the big 16-bit logo on top!

I love the use of Japlish on the casing.

"AV Intellegent terminal. High grade multipurpose use"

Meaningless twaddle, but it looked cool.
  • FillyourbootsFillyourboots Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    It's certainly a very cool machine but a little too "bling" for my tastes.

Indeed, it looks tacky nowadays.
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    That looks like a Nintendo gamecube prototype without the purple trouser Joker paint.

It is a Gamecube. The major difference was the DVD drive and AV outputs.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sega Dreamcast

The Dreamcast was pretty swish.........with the little VMU's and great pad too

Looked like something of the original battlestar galactica

http://gamesworldbodmin.co.uk/images/dreamcast.jpg

As was the N64

The little PS1 was pretty neat too

http://mahdinmurad.webs.com/photos/Playstation/905_psone.jpg

The Neo Geo
    http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/neogeo.jpg

The American Snes redesign
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/SNES-Model-2-Set.jpg

and the PS Vita

One which was wierd, was this

http://www.obsolete-tears.com/photos/nec-pc-engine-shuttle.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    You have to admit, the Gamecube was pretty awesome.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the black wiiu looks nice ... Simplicity is best & all that!!! :cool:
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I got my N64 chromed (what can I say, it was the 90's) and it looked fantastic. :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had the see through blue one N64 was a great console looking back. Really started the whole multi-player gaming for me.