Doctor Who Fans (Part Ian)

Comments

• CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm happy to report that my Second Doctor dream from last month has apparently saved the paper cheque. :)
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squee Torchwood in three days, yeah........
  • kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torchwood day tomorrow i cant wait hope it isnt a let down but i think it wont be as RTD is in charge!

Ken
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New fans thread and TW starting this week, its just too much

*faints*

I wonder what ian would have thought of the TW shananigans :p
  • Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Hello

Work intervened and didn't quite get around to the countdown in the last couple of days... but Torchwood Day has arrived! Well, for those of us who have waited, anyway!

JB receiving his Honorary Degree from the RSAMD in Glasgow last week. I work ten minutes away from there, and didn't know about it until too late...

Daleks invade London!

Interview with JB and Bill Pullman.
  • HallamsteriscooHallamsteriscoo Posts: 21,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *pops head round door*

Any loose spoilers running about?

*has a quick look round*

Phew!

Congrats on Part Ian guys and gals! :D

Torchwood tonight! Sooooooooooooooooo excited :D
  • kw4121kw4121 Posts: 3,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    Hello

Work intervened and didn't quite get around to the countdown in the last couple of days... but Torchwood Day has arrived! Well, for those of us who have waited, anyway!

JB receiving his Honorary Degree from the RSAMD in Glasgow last week. I work ten minutes away from there, and didn't know about it until too late...

Daleks invade London!

Interview with JB and Bill Pullman.

Hey all happy TWDAY looking forwards to the premier tonight as I have resisted the temptation to dl the American broadcast, exciting having it back and with mekhi in the mix t will be interesting as he has proven in the past to be very versatile in er and lie to me and such...... Roll on 9pm

Ken
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I might be watching Doctor Who tonight in preparation for torchwood:D.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member

I will probably watch TW too. Didn't much bother with it before, although I have seen COE.

Love the dalek invasion of london photos. Which reminds me - haven't been to the exhibition yet. Had my original planned date scuppered and have to rearrange.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    I will probably watch TW too. Didn't much bother with it before, although I have seen COE.

Love the dalek invasion of london photos. Which reminds me - haven't been to the exhibition yet. Had my original planned date scuppered and have to rearrange.

Great:). I watched it before COE, but must say that COE really blew me away.

Sorry to hear about the exhibition, a gentleman like yourself should not have his date scuppered (lovely word):D.
    Forum Member
    Great:). I watched it before COE, but must say that COE really blew me away.

Sorry to hear about the exhibition, a gentleman like yourself should not have his date scuppered (lovely word):D.

I am glad it is "only" ten parts. I have begun other american style "one long story" things before and given up when i realised I didnt have the stamina for 22 episodes a year for X years.

I think The Wire was about ten one hour episodes (per "story"). I could have watched the lot in one sitting I think. But I am not expecting that standard. Nothing is as good as The Wire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member

I'm excited to see it on the BBC. I will be posting a review when I've watched it properly in my usual style. I think the radio play yesterday was great preparation for me and a plea

COME BACK MUTTLEY - WE NEED YOUR VIEW IN HERE TONIGHT JUST FOR A LITTLE BIT:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tumpy wrote: »
    I'm excited to see it on the BBC. I will be posting a review when I've watched it properly in my usual style. I think the radio play yesterday was great preparation for me and a plea

COME BACK MUTTLEY - WE NEED YOUR VIEW IN HERE TONIGHT JUST FOR A LITTLE BIT:D:D:D

Supports Tumpy, come back Muttley!

Anyway, I would never write a full review. I quite liked it. I didn't mind the American characters. I think the whole premise is actually intriguing and an interesting problem. What would happen if nobody could die!
    Forum Member
    It had a helicopter. Love helicopters. Doctor Who should have more helicopters.

(**Miranda style voice**I cant stop saying helicopter)

Pretty good. Gwen very good.

"Wales is insane". Did he visit swansea too then? :)

That was my in depth review. Move over Kenneth Tynan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    It had a helicopter. Love helicopters. Doctor Who should have more helicopters.

(**Miranda style voice**I cant stop saying helicopter)

Pretty good. Gwen very good.

"Wales is insane". Did he visit swansea too then? :)

That was my in depth review. Move over Kenneth Tynan.

Doctor Who has helicopters. Don't you remember the bad wolf one:D

It was a very good review Nebo:D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who has helicopters. Don't you remember the bad wolf one:D

It was a very good review Nebo:D.

Also the helicopter in The End of Time part 1 (although we saw in Confidential that there wasn't a real one). :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also the helicopter in The End of Time part 1 (although we saw in Confidential that there wasn't a real one). :D

Of course, and wasn't there one ... in ... the one with the Sontarans?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, and wasn't there one ... in ... the one with the Sontarans?

I think so... The Poison Sky. UNIT has some. Did they use one in Planet of the Dead?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kid with a whirlygig helicopter ran past Amy, at the start of the TEH duckpond scene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so... The Poison Sky. UNIT has some. Did they use one in Planet of the Dead?

They must have, they were Unit:D
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    Kid with a whirlygig helicopter ran past Amy, at the start of the TEH duckpond scene.

Ah plot thickens, this is a new helicopter agenda. Maybe the helicopter is the new bad:eek::eek:. There was nobody in the helicopter, the helicopter is an alien life form, turning everyone into someone else:cool:.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They must have, they were Unit:D

Ah plot thickens, this is a new helicopter agenda. Maybe the helicopter is the new bad:eek::eek:. There was nobody in the helicopter, the helicopter is an alien life form, turning everyone into someone else:cool:.

Yes indeed! :):( :rolleyes:

Where's Gene the Cow when you need him? :p:D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes indeed! :):( :rolleyes:

Where's Gene the Cow when you need him? )

:eek::eek::eek:

Are you saying my theory is sh*te:cry::cry:.

How dare you, it's well thought out and I provided all the necessary evidence
    apologies for the nonsense, I know this is the fan thread:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek:

Are you saying my theory is sh*te:cry::cry:.

How dare you, it's well thought out and I provided all the necessary evidence
    apologies for the nonsense, I know this is the fan thread:o

No, I'm just saying it belongs in the toilet thread! :mad:
    No apologies, I love the helicopter theory! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I'm just saying it belongs in the toilet thread! :mad:
    No apologies, I love the helicopter theory! :D

Maybe we should keep the toilet thread for all these theories:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe we should keep the toilet thread for all these theories:D

Just as well to let them propagate in here. Who-related nonsense belongs in this thread as much as irrelevant nonsense does in the Inn. :)