'The Simpsons,' 'Family Guy' doing a crossover episode.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/18/simpsons-family-guy-crossover-episode/

I'm actually quite looking forward to this, despite the fact that both shows are a shadow of their former selves.

Comments

• Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    This will be brilliant or terrible but I will watch it anyway :)
    Hopefully not too much poor little Lisa crap, maybe Stewie will kill her and use her for parts
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, i'll certainly look out for this. I actually think Family Guy has been on form somewhat for the past few seasons at US Pace. Still get the odd stinker here and there, but on the whole, they've been good.

I never know when Sky show any new Simpsons anyway so I haven't really watched any new ones in a while.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant

I thought the Hurricane crossover they did with American Dad and Cleveland was good. Plus Family guy is really back on for me as a fan, especially the last two seasons, as i felt it went downhill after season 6.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    going to make things difficult, for BBC Three, Sky One and C4.
  • dazdudedazdude Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »

Yeah does it count as a 'Family Guy' episode or 'Simpsons' Gotta love rights issues :D
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Reading off DigitalSpy homepage it say is Family Guy ep so it going to be show on BBC3, it shame that it going to be 2015 until UK will get show crossover ep.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still love The Simpsons, i still like Family Guy, just not the same way i used to. For me the characters of Family Guy are almost unrecognisable from the character from seasons 1-5.

Anyway i like this idea, it should be funny :)
  • leon_blayerleon_blayer Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    is this not going to really limit what the family guy characters can do in this episode, matt groening wouldn't dare have a majority of the jokes family guy has done in a simpson episode.

i can see the all so tame simpsons product turning this into an extremely watered down family guy episode.
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reading off DigitalSpy homepage it say is Family Guy ep so it going to be show on BBC3, it shame that it going to be 2015 until UK will get show crossover ep.

Fair to say I'll not be waiting that long to watch it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this not going to really limit what the family guy characters can do in this episode, matt groening wouldn't dare have a majority of the jokes family guy has done in a simpson episode.

i can see the all so tame simpsons product turning this into an extremely watered down family guy episode.

Well since it is a Family Guy episode then they should be able to what ever they want. Even if it is watered down i think it will be good, it may make the writers come up with some good ideas for a change instead of just throwing in a few offensive jokes just for the hell of it.
  • LathamiteLathamite Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Simpsons. A show I can quote verbatim from its first ten years. A show I haven't even bothered to watch in ten years. It's incredible how much its stock has fallen.

If this was a Simpsons episode it might be borderline interesting. Rubbish, but interesting.
    As it's a Family Guy episode it will just be rubbish and uninteresting.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now if they took Quagmire with them .. :)

Although the interaction between Maggie and Stewie could be interesting ..
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 488
    Forum Member

They should take Joe with them and teach Wiggum a thing or two!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully not too much poor little Lisa crap, maybe Stewie will kill her and use her for parts

Yes. I am sick of Lisa and her pity story. Lisa Goes GaGa would probably have to be the worst episode of the Simpsons in the last few years. Other than that, I still love The Simpsons now and loved when Seth MacFarlane guest starred on this season's finale, which was apparently supposed to be part of next season.

We all know Stewie is a badass, but Maggie is something else. She can outsmart him in more ways than possible.
    They should take Joe with them and teach Wiggum a thing or two!

Definitely!!! I somehow think Lenny and Carl might pop in the picture, whenever Quagmire is mentioned.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see a scene with Brian and Santa's Little helper and someone remarks "well how come your dog doesn't talk, but ours does"

And i wonder if one of the simpsons will remark "so is it me, or is that baby talking", we all know that only Brian seems to be the only one who can hear Stewie talking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see a scene with Brian and Santa's Little helper and someone remarks "well how come your dog doesn't talk, but ours does"

And i wonder if one of the simpsons will remark "so is it me, or is that baby talking", we all know that only Brian seems to be the only one who can hear Stewie talking.

Can't say it won't happen, but it's possible. As for Stewie talking, I think everyone understands him, only Brian takes him seriously. The others sort of take it as if it was a little kid swearing or saying something ridiculous.
  • Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,567
    Forum Member

paltonz wrote: »
    Can't say it won't happen, but it's possible. As for Stewie talking, I think everyone understands him, only Brian takes him seriously. The others sort of take it as if it was a little kid swearing or saying something ridiculous.

well according to Love Blactually episode it works like thus...
    (Stewie wants to talk to Loretta, but Brian won't let him)
    Stewie: Just let me do all the talking.
    Brian: No, I think I can communicate with her better. She's only going to get the gist of what you're saying.
    Stewie: Really? Isn't she one of those people outside the family who can understand me?
    Brian: No, I think because of Cleveland she's close enough to the main cast that it might be a little weird.
    Stewie: Really?
    Camera man: We're filming!
    Stewie: Okay, okay! Alright, alright! Sorry, sorry. (to Brian) Ring the doorbell.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    This will be brilliant or terrible but I will watch it anyway :)

I doubt they'll be much violence at all. I'm guessing this will be a very toned down episode.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I dunno The Simpsons can do violence (Homer strangling Bart) and they have some darker moments still even outside the Halloween episodes and couch gags (Sherry Bobbins being sucked into the plane)
    Lisa being disected is setting my hopes too high though :(
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Can they kill Peter in the episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lathamite wrote: »
    The Simpsons. A show I can quote verbatim from its first ten years. A show I haven't even bothered to watch in ten years. It's incredible how much its stock has fallen.

If this was a Simpsons episode it might be borderline interesting. Rubbish, but interesting.
    As it's a Family Guy episode it will just be rubbish and uninteresting.

See this is something that has always annoyed me about people that bash the Simpsons, they say they haven't bothered to watch in 10 years......................so how can they say if it's rubbish or not ?
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member

Hopefully Fox who own both in USA will give this episode to FOX in UK or Sky One or Sky Atlantic.

Wish they were both on 1 channel!

With American Dad (I don't watch but appreciate lots do)

Did Cleveland Show get cancelled?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I remember back in its glory days The Simpsons mocked the fact that it was doing a crossover with The Critic:
    TV: Coming up: The Flinstones meet The Jetsons
    Bart: Uh-oh, I smell another cheap cartoon crossover.

Granted The Critic episode took the piss out of itself, but it wasnt one of the best imo, and now theyre doing... a cheap cartoon crossover.
    How the mighty have fallen :(
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Did Cleveland Show get cancelled?

Yes, it was officially cancelled on May 13th
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Hopefully Fox who own both in USA will give this episode to FOX in UK or Sky One or Sky Atlantic.

It's a Family Guy episode so that means that BBC3 will be the ones airing it, there won't be any rights issues just because The Simpsons are guesting on it, just like there weren't any rights issues between E4 and BBC3 when Peter Griffin visited Cleveland in last seasons episode of The Cleveland Show. It'll appear on Fox eventually, but it'll air on BBC3 first. Unfortunately this means that the episode won't appear on UK TV until mid-late 2015.