Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Thor (2011) 8/10 The Norse god is banished to Earth by Odin his father who in turn is betrayed by his other son Loki. The mischievous god has an agenda of his own, to destroy Jotunheim and rule Asgard. But Thors journey to redemption stands in his way. With the introduction of the God of Thunder and that of Hawkeye, the Avenger team is now complete. With great special effects and a great score this is one of the better movies in the Franchise although the romance between Thor and Jane Foster seems a little forced and to be honest the Foster character wouldn't have been missed if it hadn't been included.

Dark Prince: The Legend of Dracula (2000) 7/10 An attempt to tell the story of Vlad Dracula from an historical point of view as a group of othodox priests summon the Romanian ruler to give an account of his life. The movie is somewhat disjointed, years fly by with events quickly dealt with before moving onto the next one. This really is a movie that could have used a longer running time and have had a bigger budget! Rudolf Martin is suitably Dracula like in looks, (he must have been as his this was his second portrayal as Dracula, the first being in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 'Buffy vs Dracula' in the same year!). Another nitpick which really isnt just confined to this movie but nearly all historical movies made by eastern Europe is guilty of, is that of the constant neighing of the horses. They sound like an effect ripped straight from an Age of Empires disc! All in all it isn't a bad movie it just needs a stronger treatment and and ending that
    dosen't degenerate into an attempt at horror!
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    War of the Worlds (2005). Was ok but ......not sure what follows that but, something should tho.

6/10.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being Flynn - 7/10 A twentysomething aspiring poet son (Paul Dano) deals with his homeless, oft-absent and alcoholic father (de Niro). It's a feel-good story for the depressed.

Looper - 6/10 A neo-noir film that deals with time travel. Not as good as I expected. It just felt like it's the movie version of a The Outer Limits episode. My expectations were obviously too high.

Don't Click - 3/10 A terrible horror offering from South Korea. Please do take the title seriously and don't click to rent this film.

Vampire - 4/10 A rather poor offering from Shunji Iwai, one of my favourite directors (All about Lily Chou Chou). In spite of still being on night shift, I actually crawled out of bed to see this film today and I'm still teed off about that. An English-language film about a young male school teacher who has a thirst for blood and meets each of different suicidal women who eventually give him their blood, knowingly or not. It'd have been far better as a shorter film or have fewer characters. Granted, All About Lily Chou Chou suffers the same structure, but it (3 hours long) made me feel my time was well spent while Vampire (almost 2 hrs) made me feel resentful towards Iwai for stretching time to the point where I was ready to claw my eyes out of boredom. All in all, Vampire didn't work for me.

The Apparition - 2/10 A couple faces the supernatural consequences of a scientific experiment in their home. The ****? I didn't think a ghost-story film would be this bad.

Total Recall - 6/10 Entertaining but god, so many lens flares. It deserves a drinking game. "Look, there goes a lens flare! Drink!"

Room 205 - 4/10 Danish horror/ghost story. A party-loving uni girl moves into a dorm room where no one would stay in since the room tenant's disappearance a year before. It did offer creepy moments but as a whole, meh. But if you're up for a standard ghost story wrapped up in a mystery with a nod of respect to Ring, this is for you. Edit: I just found out there's a German remake called 205 - Room of Fear, due out soon. This is the Danish film I saw. Sorry for using the German title.

Not my week. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Panic Room - 7/10
  • RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    In the last seven days:

Safety Not Guaranteed - Decent

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse - Decent Enough

The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring - Very Decent

Regards...

RB...
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE GAME PLAN - 7half/10

amiable predicable disney stuff but the rock is so damn good in it, he could sit there smiling for an hour and a half and STILL get good reviews :D

DIE HARD 2 - 9/10

still awesome
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Prometheus - 7/10

Liked it more than I thought I would, but I don't understand the long-terms reasons why David poisoned LMG's character, or why Charlize Theron was even in it......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Terminator 2. 8/10
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Batman: Year One (2011)

Although there was plenty to admire in this, I found it a bit boring tbh.

Some of the voice acting was a bit iffy and that didn't help.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Quiz Show Scandal - 7/10 An entertaining South Korean film about a group of misfits, who aims to win $10M in a TV quiz show after learning the answer to the final question that no contestant had ever managed to beat. So cynical yet quite funny.
  • JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hunter 2011 8/10
    Willem Dafoe is engaging in this simple tale of corporate greed v humanity in the Tasmanian forest.
    A different take on a familiar storyline.
    As is typical of an Aussie film the real winner is the cinematography.
    Worth a look.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Meet Joe Black - 9/10
    Forum Member
    Love Letters of a Portuguese Nun (1977) 5/10 Maria is a young girl whose mother is coerced by a lecherous priest to allow him to take her daughter and put her into a convent. However this isn't your usual house of God. There’s devil worship going on and Maria's virginity is sacrificed to Satan, (whose played by an actor called....er....Herbert Fux!) Marie then desperately tries to get the message out by trying to contact the local Inquisition. A Nunsploitation movie which is little more than an excuse for naughty nuns.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cockneys vs. Zombies [2012]. Director: Matthias Hoene

7/10

"We're going 'ead to 'ead with the undead
    You can fill 'em full of lead but they won't stay dead."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjbK-xPCkGk&feature=player_embedded#!

Amusing comedy-horror with an incompetent gang of bank robbers and some geriatrics from an old folks home taking on swarms of zombies.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol.

Aptly named, as its impossible to get through, it's taken me 2 attempts. I still haven't seen the last 10 mins, but i'm pretty sure it won't make the film any better.

It's just boring. I really enjoyed MI3 too. I thought Brad Bird would've been an amazing choice for director. Le sigh. :(
  • bordersboybordersboy Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What to Expect When You're Expecting

Trashy film that the missus wanted to see. Had low expectations going in and it didn't get much higher than what I expected. Weak storylines and some poor acting too. 4/10...at a push!
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard of Oz
    Great film. I'm not a fan of musicals but the songs in this are quite good.

Looper
    It's a low budget scifi film, not too original, yet it was still interesting enough to watch to the end. Would I watch it again? No.

Takae wrote: »
    The Quiz Show Scandal - 7/10 An entertaining South Korean film about a group of misfits, who aims to win $10M in a TV quiz show after learning the answer to the final question that no contestant had ever managed to beat. So cynical yet quite funny.

I watched this last year and I really enjoyed it. It's available now on NETFLIX video streaming (on the US account - not sure about the UK).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    just watched Silent Scream

oh my i havent laughed so hard while watching a horror film..Acting was hillairious and wooden..the deaths and gore was good ..shall just give this one 2/10
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Christmas themed movies this week :D

Home Alone 8/10
    Arthur Christmas 6/10

Going to watch the sequel to the Snowman this week too
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,164
    Forum Member
    The Polar Express (2004) - 8/10
    Forum Member
    Avengers Assemble (2012) 8/10 The movie that each of the others in the series has been building upto. Avengers Assemble sees Earth invaded by an alien race aided by Loki, with S.H.I.E.L.D and the superheros the only thing that stands in his way. Lots of action, lots of CGI, lots VFX and undoubtedly lot of money spent and a ton of money, ($200 Million), recieved within the first three days in the U.S. The pace is good but its seems to slow down about halfway through before Stark realises what Loki is upto and then it picks up for the final showdown. The first post credit scene allows us to see whose been pulling the strings and sets up the villian for the inevitable sequel. Out of the entire franchise thus far I'd have to say Iron Man and Thor are the best of the bunch with Iron Man 2 the worst.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    the last few films have been crap..so im hoping they get better for xmas lol

i watch the rubbishy ones first and then i can look forward to the gooder ones after :D
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

10/10 - An amazing film and a brilliant start to a stunning trilogy. Located this on Netflix Denmark (along with the other two and The Matrix trilogy).

Useful link for those that have Netflix and UnblockUS (or similar) - you can seach for movies or shows and it will tell you what "region" of Netflix they are on.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen two today

The Family Man I gave it a 6 out of 10

And

A Christmas Wedding Tail I gave this a 5 out of 10
  • PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'It's a Wonderful Life' for the first time - just finished. Brilliant!
This discussion has been closed.