Emily Bishop longest running Coronation Street character

13»

Comments

• rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homefields wrote: »
    As an example IMDb lists Alan as appearing 511 times. I think he appeared in almost double that in just his first ten years!

Yeah that sounds roughly right to me too. Emmerdale Wikia are steadily working on an all time list of appearances at the moment and are up to 1986 and Alan's already credited for 385 by then!
  • BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Mitchell beats Ian Beale in Eastenders. I can't believe June Brown is 87 with such a big work load!
  • David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brookside wrote: »
    Regardless of time off neither of them have LEFT the show. This thread is about how many episodes or weeks they have been in. Regardless they have been in full employment from the start of their contracts.

If Mr Roach leaves (which he hasn't) then 4 -5 weeks later Emily would be the longest serving character.

Eileen Derbyshire wasn't under contract between December 1961 and June 1962 due to the Equity actors' strike.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    A scrounger and a lush without an ounce of work ethic.

:o Don't bash the bishop!!!
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    A scrounger and a lush without an ounce of work ethic.

:D:D:D
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stellers wrote: »
    So why is never given anything to do:confused:

Because she's elderly and only works in small bursts.

I think years and years ago she was given a lot to do as a main cast member but now she's semi retired.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    Copied from Wikipedia..........

*In 2001, a storyline involving Emily lending her nephew Spider £15,000 for a new business venture was criticised for not being authentic. Journalist Tony Bridgland writing for the Telegraph said of the plot; "It is beginning to look as though Coronation Street's researchers failed to do enough homework to make their plot watertight*

Nowt has changed then!
  • BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen Derbyshire wasn't under contract between December 1961 and June 1962 due to the Equity actors' strike.

Technicality for me.