Peter Andre - even more chapters of "his life"

Comments

• NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    If you can get to No 18 in the charts theres obviously a market for your music.
    An extremely limited market with a 1 week chart window.
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only heard bits of his album, but they sound no worse than most of Robbie Williams' songs to me
    Have to agree with this, and I don't even like P.A.

Just watched one of the links for his show on the last page. The bit where he turns up at the Radio 1 studio for his interview with Scott Mills. Why is Claire fat again? I thought she'd had a gastric band? Why is P.A. ALWAYS late for everything? I cannot stand any form of unpunctuality, it's just rude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    changa wrote: »

The way music is marketed is so different now due to piracy and downloads. Apparantly the top earners in the last decade made more money from concert ticket sales than album sales.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    They don't mind playing all the dross from Xfactor, year after year, so they can't blame it on having taste.
    Jedward! Miley Cyrus! Each to their own, but it is sooooo pompous of the radio stations to decide that people don't want to listen to Peter Andre's music, since his tours sell well.
    Most of what they are playing is proper bilge.

I agree,
    what right do the BBC have to ban certain artists.? Like it or not Peter does have a following and they all pay the TV licence.(paying the wages of the BBC employees)
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    I agree,
    what right do the BBC have to ban certain artists.? Like it or not Peter does have a following and they all pay the TV licence.(paying the wages of the BBC employees)

Pa was not on the playlist for Radio One - he is not what their target audience wants to hear. They made the same choice about Robbie Williams and very many other artists. They can do it because they are designed to appeal to 15-31 year olds.

The other stations could play him if they want.

I think, if I were him, I would be grateful that they still interview him - he still gets to plug stuff even if they don't want to put it out.
  • hunniebunhunniebun Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pa was not on the playlist for Radio One - he is not what their target audience wants to hear. They made the same choice about Robbie Williams and very many other artists. They can do it because they are designed to appeal to 15-31 year olds.

I think, if I were him, I would be grateful that they still interview him - he still gets to plug stuff even if they don't want to put it out.

And how many 'artists' have a reality show on a non-pay national TV channel to promote their music. Surely this may compensate in some way to not having radio play in terms of getting his music listened to.
  • changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luvnlight wrote: »
    The way music is marketed is so different now due to piracy and downloads. Apparantly the top earners in the last decade made more money from concert ticket sales than album sales.

The real money is made from the Merchandising; T-Shirts, hoodies, programmes etc. Ticket pricing mainly covers staging costs.
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They don't mind playing all the dross from Xfactor, year after year, so they can't blame it on having taste.
    Jedward! Miley Cyrus! Each to their own, but it is sooooo pompous of the radio stations to decide that people don't want to listen to Peter Andre's music, since his tours sell well.
    Most of what they are playing is proper bilge.

Why did you say Jedward? It's a huge bone of contention among Jedward fans (yes I am one) that Radio 1 will never play their music!

Their last single Luminous (which is very different to their previous material) was very well received when played on TV music channels, but Radio 1 have decided that Jedward's music is beneath them apparently and they will never play it.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    Why did you say Jedward? It's a huge bone of contention among Jedward fans (yes I am one) that Radio 1 will never play their music!

Their last single Luminous (which is very different to their previous material) was very well received when played on TV music channels, but Radio 1 have decided that Jedward's music is beneath them apparently and they will never play it.

I have never heard a song by Jedward on the radio either. Surely they are within the age group R1 are trying to attract?

Sorry, this is going off-topic again.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never heard a song by Jedward on the radio either. Surely they are within the age group R1 are trying to attract?

Sorry, this is going off-topic again.

It's part of the topic surely ... Giving examples of simular music that is also not being played..even though performers are in their demographic age group ;)
    I don't agree with listeners being dictated to and told the music they should enjoy ... I like loads of music so play CDs in car.. Cos radio is so poor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »

Really? I didn't know they didn't play Jedward - I thought they would be included because they came from Xfactor & that's what gets marketed, plus they are the right age (and have the fanbase). R1 is so repetitive - I'm sure they could squeeze in a Jedward or a PA song, for their fans, instead of playing Rhianna's latest offering 5,000,000 times a day.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I didn't know they didn't play Jedward - I thought they would be included because they came from Xfactor & that's what gets marketed, plus they are the right age (and have the fanbase). R1 is so repetitive - I'm sure they could squeeze in a Jedward or a PA song, for their fans, instead of playing Rhianna's latest offering 5,000,000 times a day.
    Then Pete's 2 million fans on Twitter need to mobilise and start requesting his music on local and national radio stations. If they think there's a huge fanbase they can tap into, the stations will take note, especially the commercial ones.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's part of the topic surely ... Giving examples of simular music that is also not being played..even though performers are in their demographic age group ;)
    I don't agree with listeners being dictated to and told the music they should enjoy ... I like loads of music so play CDs in car.. Cos radio is so poor

I like the link Betty. ;):D

I find this type of thing fascinating. What makes a good song I wonder, and what makes it marketable? I think he'd need a number one single to get it played (at least on the Top 40 countdown if nowhere else) Not that he'll ever have a number one I don't think.

I remember years ago the BBC would ban songs for being too rude (Relax, Frankie Goes To Hollywood) and then the said songs would shoot to the top of the charts.

Maybe that's the way to go? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the link Betty. ;):D

I find this type of thing fascinating. What makes a good song I wonder, and what makes it marketable? I think he'd need a number one single to get it played (at least on the Top 40 countdown if nowhere else) Not that he'll ever have a number one I don't think.

I remember years ago the BBC would ban songs for being too rude (Relax, Frankie Goes To Hollywood) and then the said songs would shoot to the top of the charts.

Maybe that's the way to go? ;)

Can't imagine Peter doing a "rude" song.. Would ruin his good guy image.. I do think his "good guy" image has restricted him a lot.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Can't imagine Peter doing a "rude" song.. Would ruin his good guy image.. I do think his "good guy" image has restricted him a lot.

Wasn't he tried to be rude boy in one of his interviews about sex etc...?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh no one has had more opportunities to promote themselves more than PA, even without being played on the radio, after the split he had media jobs thrown at him one after the other but he just couldnt hack it.
    He cant expect people to take him seriously as the cool dude artist he tries to project after hes spent the past few years making out hes some lovable, helpless idiot, Ali G stands more chance of getting anywhere in the charts than PA, due to the fact that hes not trying to fool anyone, where as PA believes he can :rolleyes:
    Watching the clips on here, was.....draining:( never ever seen anyone so needy, yes his brother was ill, but having gone through the same situation, there was no way any of us looked for pats on the back, at the expense of admitting to ourselves, never mind to others, that for one moment there was no hope, no wonder his brother told him to stop going on about it when the news first broke on his show :rolleyes:
    Girl friend :rolleyes: I think not....just someone who he gets his kids to shout out he loves and then pretends to be all :o why ???????
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »
    Girl friend :rolleyes: I think not....just someone who he gets his kids to shout out he loves and then pretends to be all :o why ???????

Can't help think of that young TV presenter, Eoin McLove, in Father Ted's episode "Night of the Nearly Dead" :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goaty wrote: »
    Can't help think of that young TV presenter, Eoin McLove, in Father Ted's episode "Night of the Nearly Dead" :o

I love Father Ted Goaty :) such a shame
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OneFourThree
    Cos I've had a spare hr I've watched those links you posted and all I see is everyone around him constantly stroking his ego.. Even his brother is talking about how Peter is affected by Andrews illness .. Like Andrew isn't his brother or that his feelings aren't as important..
    As for junior... He is a complete show off and his comment about Tulisa is worrying .. " cos she watches ME"
    I also get the feeling the kids are primed on what to say or how to act when the cameras are around.. No doubt others will disagree but that's how I saw it..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CYM
    Having watched the bits 143 put on ..I don't see any chemistry between Peter and Emily at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CYM
    Having watched the bits 143 put on ..I don't see any chemistry between Peter and Emily at all.

None at all Betty, just shows you how stupid he thinks the public are by trying to pass himself off as some kind of nervous born again virgin, who pretends to blush at his tutored kids little taunts, does he forget that he was filmed threatening to rip KP p*ssy apart while she was tending to one of their kids or that after grinning into the camera saying he would be gone for awhile, he then shoved his nose straight into where she keeps her mobile phone :D, its just laughable, and as for the side kick they have brought on to fill the void where PA personality should be, well...talk about a working mans club, warm up act reject, but then again who else could they get who would be willing to play funny to PA ever suffering straight man act :rolleyes:
    Thanks for the clips 143 :)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OneFourThree
    Cos I've had a spare hr I've watched those links you posted and all I see is everyone around him constantly stroking his ego.. Even his brother is talking about how Peter is affected by Andrews illness .. Like Andrew isn't his brother or that his feelings aren't as important..
    As for junior... He is a complete show off and his comment about Tulisa is worrying .. " cos she watches ME"
    I also get the feeling the kids are primed on what to say or how to act when the cameras are around.. No doubt others will disagree but that's how I saw it..

BIB - So true and so odd, Betty. I've only caught bits and pieces of the current series but It was exactly the same in the previous series, as if only Pete's feelings count. I get that it's his show so of course he's the focus of it but Jeebus, the neediness is off the charts!! And yes, I know he's the one doing all the work and the one that's most under pressure...

I'd ask why on earth he lets himself be portrayed like that... but the evidence is there on screen, he seems to thrive on it and seems to need that sort of reassuring 'my pain is greater than yours' attention to function.

Back to his 'music', I watched bits of 143's clips (thanks!) and I did feel a small pang for him re his album. He does put his all into things and it's got to be exhausting at some point when all his efforts come to nothing.

Re the kids and taking them on his promo tour? As a gimmick! What the hell is that about?? And then he wonders why he's not taken seriously as a musican! Seriously, Pete, buy a clue.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm officially an old fart,so I don't listen to pop music on the radio,but I was actually surprised they don't play PA's music.
    Yes,it is truly terrible(to me),but to be fair,it's no worse than most of the other stuff they play.
    He's not the only older bloke still churning out music(Blobby Williams and Gary Borelow must be pretty much the same age as PA) so his age on its own can't be the reason.
    Yes,he is incredibly cheesy,but at the risk of offending people,I don't think that he's THAT much cheesier than say,Michael Buble.

I really did try to watch the clips from the new series,but I only lasted about 2 minutes into the first one,so I can't really comment.

I do find the whole Emily thing quite confusing.I can't exactly put my finger on what it is,and it's nothing particularly specific,but it just seems to me that there is something a little bit "off" about her.
    I really hope that he doesn't marry her - and strange as it seems coming from me - more for his sake than hers.
    At some point,PA's career,such as it is,will start to decline.
    Can anyone really see him sitting at home doing the dusting while Dr Emily is out at work? I can't.
    There's just something about her that gives me the impression that she's quite enjoying the "dating a famous bloke" bit rather more than the "dating PA SPECIFICALLY".
    But then again,what the hell do I know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Cym wrote: »
    None at all Betty, just shows you how stupid he thinks the public are by trying to pass himself off as some kind of nervous born again virgin, who pretends to blush at his tutored kids little taunts, does he forget that he was filmed threatening to rip KP p*ssy apart while she was tending to one of their kids or that after grinning into the camera saying he would be gone for awhile, he then shoved his nose straight into where she keeps her mobile phone :D, its just laughable
    Thanks for the clips 143 :)

You guys need to watch this old episode of KATIE AND PETER THE NEXT CHAPTER DOWN UNDER. It's like watching a very different Pete altogether!

BiB... Watching PA with Emily now and how 'detached' he seems when around her and remembering how he was in his show with his ex KP (The wife he claimed to love so much), I'd say, he's either:

a) Had a complete personality transplant

b) Like BB said, doesn't share chemistry with his new girl Emily

c) Not completely happy now but just going through the motions because ' The Show has to go on'.. ( In his old shows with KP, he seemed happier, more at ease & more 'himself' & not this 'manufactured person created by his PR' which is why his shows are now a bit of a drain).

D) finally grown up!

e) you can add more theories ( can't be bothered!) :D:D:D

Cym, you're welcome (about the clips) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I really did try to watch the clips from the new series,but I only lasted about 2 minutes into the first one,so I can't really comment.

I do find the whole Emily thing quite confusing.I can't exactly put my finger on what it is,and it's nothing particularly specific,but it just seems to me that there is something a little bit "off" about her.
    I really hope that he doesn't marry her - and strange as it seems coming from me - more for his sake than hers.

At some point,PA's career,such as it is,will start to decline.
    Can anyone really see him sitting at home doing the dusting while Dr Emily is out at work? I can't.
    There's just something about her that gives me the impression that she's quite enjoying the "dating a famous bloke" bit rather more than the "dating PA SPECIFICALLY".
    But then again,what the hell do I know?

BiB- i agree! They just don't seem to have much in common and i DO NOT see any chemistry between them. She comes across more like a friend and the kids nanny than a GF or potential lifetime marriage partner to PA. I just do not see these two lasting the distance sweet as Emily appears to be.

But like you said, what do we know!:)