Victoria Beckham - does she ever smile?

Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
Forum Member
✭✭
Okay playmates, old subject but doesn't anything make this woman smile? One of her kids had a birthday this week nothing, just the sourpuss look and what's with the sunglasses 24/7?

Just saying and ranting at the same time....:o

Comments

• SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange woman. Perhaps she has a great fear of not being taken seriously? Can't think why ;) She's an important person and needs to look important i.e serious :mad:
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    very insecure about her smile apparently:rolleyes:
    I thought she looked quite ill at the recent Woolmark awards thingy
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    Why are some celebrities constantly under the scrutiny of the Smile Police?

Must everyone walk around with a huge grin on their face?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`m prob in the small minority that like her, she has a sense of humour you either get or not,imo i find her funny, she takes piss out of herself, although those who dislike her won`t take the time to see that
    Forum Member
    Mr Teacake wrote: »

she looks fine, I bet she cringes at that t-shirt now mind:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I don't mind her. She seems like a nice enough woman.
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,846
    Forum Member
    Why would she smile when she is totally focused with the pouty (sex) look?

Feel a bit sorry for her...can't be any fun not to eat very much and be in a marriage that has clearly past its sell by date. Becks hardly looks at her now, e.g. in photos.
    Forum Member

I don't expect her to go around with a coathanger smile constantly but an odd glimpse would be nice.
    e.g at the launch of the Spice Girls musical, at her childs birthday celebrations etc. Just if she lightened up occasionally, come on Vik remember you're wedding thrones, surely that can raise a smile:D
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,158
    Forum Member
    I saw a few pics of her smiling during one of her pregnancies; she has a lovely smile. I think she doesn't smile often as she wants to avoid lines round the mouth.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    The media are keen to promote the image of her being sullen. When taking their hundred snaps a minute, any shots with a smile in are simply disposed of.
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    i`m prob in the small minority that like her, she has a sense of humour you either get or not,imo i find her funny, she takes piss out of herself, although those who dislike her won`t take the time to see that

This.
    One of the funniest things I've ever seen is when Ali G interviewed her & hubby for Comic/Sport Relief, Children in Need. One of them anyway.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    She's become a charicature of her herself.
    A ridiculous woman
  • ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay playmates, old subject but doesn't anything make this woman smile? One of her kids had a birthday this week nothing, just the sourpuss look and what's with the sunglasses 24/7?

She was pictured at the woolmark event recently without sunglasses and she looks absolutely awful without them. Sunken, small eyes with big dark shadows underneath them. IMO that's why she wears them 24/7.

She clearly hates her teeth as she immediately puts her hand over her mouth as soon as she laughs or smiles.

I've never seen anyone look so insecure, stiff, awkward, and unable to relax as Victoria Beckham. Compared to her kids and husband, who just act and are photographed interacting like normal human beings, she looks painfully robotic and 'practiced'.

The 'Victoria' pose - the one foot in front of the other, head bent at a weird angle giving her a strange humped neck, no smile, hip forward - just looks ludicrous, as she jumps into said pose the instant anyone wants a still pic.

I think people would identify with her more and possibly even like her a little more if she'd just relax a bit.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are obsessed with her not smiling when she has said time and time again why she doesn't. Her poses and image may seem 'practised' but once again she has offered explanation for that too. She has said she is insecure and in away hides behind the pouty 'Posh' persona. If she started walking around grinning like a loon, I'm sure many would take issue with that too. I'm so glad she doesn't kowtow to public opinion.
  • tynka belltynka bell Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    What about ... Victoria Beckham - Does she ever stand 'normally' when a picture of her is being taken" without that hip bent, leg out thing she does?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member

She smiles all the time. Just when there are no cameras.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    She smiles all the time. Just when there are no cameras.

With respect; if there are no cameras around, how do you know this?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    With respect; if there are no cameras around, how do you know this?

:o Sorry should of been more specific. When there are no Paps around. She smiled & laughed plenty of times in that short lived reality series she had went she first went to the US.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yes she does - but pictures of her smiling don't get hits on websites or people buying 'celeb' mags so they won't pay the paps so the paps don't try to get smiling photos
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    GerriP wrote: »
    yes she does - but pictures of her smiling don't get hits on websites or people buying 'celeb' mags so they won't pay the paps so the paps don't try to get smiling photos

I disagree.... I believe a photo of her laughing/smiling would be very popular , particularly if it was with David & the family.
    She 'hates' her teeth supposedly but has spent a small fortune getting them fixed. Why bother if your not going to show them anyway?
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No not everyone needs to walk about with a huge grin on their face but the occasional smile would do her no harm.
    Every photo of her she is pouting or staring into space as if she has the worries of the world on her shoulders.
    Can't understand why. She was everything but obviously something is definitely missing from her life.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that Victoria sees it cool to pose with a smile on her face. Even little Harper looks serious and has a pout like her mum.
  • lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    She smiled when David said yes to sex selection IVF in America.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The woman needs to eat a few decent meals. I doubt she has the energy to break a smile. Her life ambition of remaining skeleton thin takes all the energy she has.