The Sun: Rylan signed to present BOTS, show returning to 'social experiment' premise?

Comments

• happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    When they say "social experiment", surely, this means an increase of Live Feed. How can it not?

if this article is true then thats how i would understand it to
    C5 may see it a bit different to us though.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    happybbfan wrote: »
    if this article is true then thats how i would understand it to
    C5 may see it a bit different to us though.

I am interpreting it as twenty-four hour live feed until told otherwise. :cool:
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Rylan, and they are talking about social experiments with housemates not the presenters. Rylan has earned his stripes, most of the wannabees want to be in the trash mags and get their kits off.
    Forum Member

i like your positive outlook
    hope you are patient
    Forum Member
    Rylan Ross Clark ‏@RylanClark 4m
    Little BIT of news coming next week sirens xxx
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no looks like rylan will be presenting bots
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh god i hope not
  • justjjustj Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    happybbfan wrote: »
    Rylan Ross Clark ‏@RylanClark 4m
    Little BIT of news coming next week sirens xxx

This could be Bots or it could mean xtra factor
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    justj wrote: »
    This could be Bots or it could mean xtra factor

Putting the word "BIT" in caps seems to be a hint to me.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he going to be actually presenting it or will Emma be presenting it, while Rylan is in the Jamie role?
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    When they say "social experiment", surely, this means an increase of Live Feed. How can it not?

:confused:

Why would it mean that?

I don't think I've ever even seen someone interpret it that way before. Usually, when people say BB was once a social experiment, they mean things like HMs not being such wannabes or so media-aware.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    I personally think that it was something to do that initially, Rachel spent a fair bit of time with Mario and Lisa, but only because she thought of them as the mum and dad of the house and looked up to them.

Hmm. That's making Rachel sound rather foolish -- and completely insensitive (or otherwise oblivious) to how Steph felt while she was there.
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    it's not difficult, just bring back live feed and stop the savage crowds!!!!!!!!!
    you can try and bring in all of the biggest characters out there and it won't change anything.
    that's it!!!!!

that's what needs to be done.

after that one can slightly tweak things here and there and try out stuff and see how it works, etc.
    but that foundation needs to be in place for everything to work in an improved higher level.

if even big brother canada's cheap slice channel can provide free live feed on it's website there is no excuse for anyone else not to.

and cbs is starting to provide live feed on their website (in the past they used a service) this year as well for the usa version (not free however).

wake up australia/uk and follow the lead, offer live feed on your official website.

i'll actually offer you free production advice, fire emma/rylan and anyone else that demands a large contract (even cancel celebrity big brother if that drains alot of funds - absolutely ridiculous to pay people like speidi 500k or whatever they got).. hire a rookie female presenter who i can guarantee will be better than both rylan and emma, doesn't matter who it is.

put all that extra cash into the live feed, and production that understands what the viewers want... and can put together a live show that's not a disgrace, with those savages out there in the crowd but instead create a more positive atmosphere giving some praise to the housemates (that's my preference but i could live with it not being all positive but those freaks out there chanting and boo'ing need to go off somewhere like a faraway island).

there you go, all problems solved.
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Hmm. That's making Rachel sound rather foolish -- and completely insensitive (or otherwise oblivious) to how Steph felt while she was there.

How so?
  • Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This better not be true. The man is vile! :mad:
    Forum Member
    oh, i forgot to add (can't edit) to cancel bbbots as well if spare funds is needed after the other stuff, or even perhaps cancelling that if it would save the celeb version (i don't care if it stays or goes but i know some people like it). if it was my choice i'd cancel both and focus my attention on the main version and live feed/production.. but that's me.

either path should free up the needed funds to get things going in the right direction as talked about.
  • farscapefarscape Posts: 2,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or even perhaps cancelling that if it would save the celeb version (i don't care if it stays or goes but i know some people like it). if it was my choice i'd cancel both and focus my attention on the main version and live feed/production.. but that's me.

either path should free up the needed funds to get things going in the right direction as talked about.

The Celeb version is all that is keeping the franchise afloat really. It's more likely you'd see the demise of the regular series before anyone at 5 or Endomol thinks about getting rid of CBB.
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    farscape wrote: »
    The Celeb version is all that is keeping the franchise afloat really. It's more likely you'd see the demise of the regular series before anyone at 5 or Endomol thinks about getting rid of CBB.

i thought ch5 had to have BB if it wanted CBB i agree they would just have CBB if they had the choice
    Forum Member
    farscape wrote: »

you're taking it out of context with everything else that i was talking about and thinking of how it is right now, if the advice i was giving was taken then it shouldn't be the focus.

it's not the focus on any other version, there is no celebrity big brother for any of the others. (english speaking aus/can/usa).

the uk big brother has lost it's way, that's why the celeb one appears to be keeping it going when it shouldn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avoiding BOTS this series then :(

SERIOUS AVOIDANCE . i don't mind him as a person, but i just cant bear to look at "fake" ppl fake hair,tan, make up nails, teeth (apert frm dentures)

try being a human & stop slapping your parents dna in there face.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

don't do that m8, u'll only end up dissapointed. why not do the opposite, then if it does come back you'll be OVER THE MOON WITH A SPOON.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh no looks like rylan will be presenting bots

Downmarket here we come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SERIOUS AVOIDANCE . i don't mind him as a person, but i just cant bear to look at "fake" ppl fake hair,tan, make up nails, teeth (apert frm dentures)

try being a human & stop slapping your parents dna in there face.
    This is obviously part of their wish to move away from "fame hungry wannabes".
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That show needs someone with a bit of experience to present it. It can get a bit out of hand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone asked Rylan if he was going on holiday during summer and he replied that he will be working... :( NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!