RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is when ill buy :D

Comments

• mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    p.s. You'll have to re-purchase everything you've already bought on the Wii VC...
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    That OP got my hopes up :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see a new Yoshi game on Wii U as well, line up looks good.
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    That OP got my hopes up :(

Why sad? These games are confirmed :) So exciting! Even though I'm going to be so poor :p
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wind Waker is one of my favourite games of all time! I'm definitely considering getting a Wii U now... :D
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Such great news from Nintendo, would of preferred to see a different Zelda given the HD treatment (esp since Wind Waker still looks beautiful anyway) I'm sure the additional gameplay tweaks will make it worthwhile. the screenshots I've seen so far look good.

Yarn Yoshi is what I'm most excited about, Epic Yarn was one of my favourite 2D platformers of this gen, if they can follow up on the same quality and expand upon it's difficulty and gameplay mechaincs it'll be a classic I'm sure.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    Just been reading about the Zelda/Mario Kart/Yoshi announcements.

These are the games that could well tempt me to get a Wii U this year. Quite excited about it now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A HD remake? I thought it wasn't about the graphics for Nintendo consoles.
    Forum Member
    Why sad? These games are confirmed :) So exciting! Even though I'm going to be so poor :p

Ah OK :D Its just the post said "This is when I'll buy" so I thought the OP was saying they'd buy a Wii U IF those games were announced, not that they'd actually been announced/confirmed - my bad :p:o:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    A HD remake? I thought it wasn't about the graphics for Nintendo consoles.

It is to an extent, otherwise they'd still be selling the NES, and original mono Game Boy :)
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wtf is wind maker
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wtf is wind maker

Your kidding right?? On two accounts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will probably put in a preorder for the new zelda/WiiU bundle (if they release one) , the Zelda tech demo looked soooooo good.
    Forum Member
    I believe these recent announcements from Nintendo tell us quite a bit about what's gong on in the industry at the mo. Obviously Nintendo have their industry analyst's on tap to know when and when isn't a good time to do things like this but It all seemed a bit hurried, especially the the Bayonetta 2 trailer, which doesn't even show any footage, which was rather pointless.

I might be wrong but I get the impressions MS are about to unveil the next Xbox and it's vital for Nintendo to get in first and catch the attention of as many gamers as possible before all eyes are on MS, which they've done a very nice job of. People seem to be really excited about the new Monolith title.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe these recent announcements from Nintendo tell us quite a bit about what's gong on in the industry at the mo. Obviously Nintendo have their industry analyst's on tap to know when and when isn't a good time to do things like this but It all seemed a bit hurried, especially the the Bayonetta 2 trailer, which doesn't even show any footage, which was rather pointless.

I might be wrong but I get the impressions MS are about to unveil the next Xbox and it's vital for Nintendo to get in first and catch the attention of as many gamers as possible before all eyes are on MS, which they've done a very nice job of. People seem to be really excited about the new Monolith title.
    I thought that.

I've not seen much noise about lack of games for Wii U.

You kind of expect the months after a launch to be in short supply of new games.

And yet here they are telling us about games that they can't even show you anything about.

It just seemed like 40 minutes of him going oh and this game is going to take a little longer, this game isn't ready yet, this game is so behind we can't even show it to you, this game blah blah.

Apart from Virtual Console it seemed the most pointless thing ever.

Almost an announcement of forthcoming announcements!

'This is just to announce you will see Mario Kart at E3. But not now. And when we announce it and show it to you at E3, expect to wait even longer.'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zelda and Yoshi could make me buy a Wii U finally some games to convince me to buy the system.
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    I thought that.

I've not seen much noise about lack of games for Wii U.

You kind of expect the months after a launch to be in short supply of new games.

And yet here they are telling us about games that they can't even show you anything about.

It just seemed like 40 minutes of him going oh and this game is going to take a little longer, this game isn't ready yet, this game is so behind we can't even show it to you, this game blah blah.

Apart from Virtual Console it seemed the most pointless thing ever.

Almost an announcement of forthcoming announcements!

'This is just to announce you will see Mario Kart at E3. But not now. And when we announce it and show it to you at E3, expect to wait even longer.'

Exactly, like the news that Smash Bros will be shown at E3 for both Wii U and 3DS, that the Mario team are working on a new 3D Mario game and a new MK without even providing any sceenshots. The Bayonetta 2 was really the biggest give away since they only showed the developers playing it. It was like Nintendo turned up on Platinum Games doorstep to film something there and then.

Let's face it Nintendo haven't been in a hurry before to tell us what's on the menu for Wii U, they could of done that at E3 last year.

Also the recent headline news from Sony stating they will be waiting for MS to unveil their next gen console before taking the leap themselves also seems to be deliberate PR to ensure their customers of their position. Something's definitely going on.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wind waker, just the best game ever
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news these big titles are coming out, but to me Nintendo announced these titles more out of necessity (to counteract fears over the upcoming Wii U library) than out of choice. I think Nintendo normally would have wanted to disclose these titles at E3 than on a webcast.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »
    This is when ill buy :D

Enjoy the games.

However, they will all be rehashes of older games Nintendo have done before. That is not a sustainable business model.
    Forum Member
    Why not? Its worked well enough before, they do whats successful :)