PS Vita Issues...

GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey,

So I got a PS Vita today from Game for £169.99 with an 8GB memory card, 10 games and 30 days PS+... All seemed well.

So I typed in the code and it seemed to be fine as it told me it was for 10 free games but when I clicked confirm i got an error message.... Any ideas?

Cheers, Gormond.

Comments

• TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that the pack where there is Little Big Planet Vita included?

If so, it's not released until the start of July officially so the code might not be activated just yet.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheVoid wrote: »
    Is that the pack where there is Little Big Planet Vita included?

If so, it's not released until the start of July officially so the code might not be activated just yet.

Yeah that's the one... Game seemed happy to sell me it though in store, seems poor if they weren't meant to sell me it today.

I will keep it till Monday HD give it another go and try again. In the mean time I do have plenty of PS+ games to try including uncharted :D

Any other recommendations?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Yeah that's the one... Game seemed happy to sell me it though in store, seems poor if they weren't meant to sell me it today.

I will keep it till Monday HD give it another go and try again. In the mean time I do have plenty of PS+ games to try including uncharted :D

It's officially released on 5th July according to Amazon - maybe it's that? If you're worried though, you could call Sony Playstation Support - they're really helpful.

I only bought a Vita at the start of the month but love it! I also have Plus and have been downloading all the stuff previously to having a Vita just in case that day ever arrived!

The Facebook and Youtube apps are good. Also look at the PSone sale on the store at the mo.

Metal Gear HD collection was free too. Escape Plan looks good but I am pretty sure that will be free with Plus soon.

Apart from the many PSP games I just bought from the store, I don't know mate. Never had a PSP either so this is a PS handheld fest for me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's officially released on 5th July according to Amazon - maybe it's that? If you're worried though, you could call Sony Playstation Support - they're really helpful.

I only bought a Vita at the start of the month but love it! I also have Plus and have been downloading all the stuff previously to having a Vita just in case that day ever arrived!

The Facebook and Youtube apps are good. Also look at the PSone sale on the store at the mo.

Metal Gear HD collection was free too. Escape Plan looks good but I am pretty sure that will be free with Plus soon.

Apart from the many PSP games I just bought from the store, I don't know mate. Never had a PSP either so this is a PS handheld fest for me!

Thanks for the help I will try that!

Funny you say that as I'm downloading MGS as we speak as I have only played MGS1 (many years ago lol) and the PS3 version which were both great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help I will try that!

Funny you say that as I'm downloading MGS as we speak as I have only played MGS1 (many years ago lol) and the PS3 version which were both great.

MGS 2 and 3 are amazing!!

PM me if you want my PSN name :D
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You can pick up Virtua Tennis 4 dirt cheap if that's your thing. I got it for a fiver. Brilliant game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can pick up Virtua Tennis 4 dirt cheap if that's your thing. I got it for a fiver. Brilliant game.

I will keep an eye out for it, cheers.

I have a couple of other issues:

Why can't my PS3 friends see when I'm online with the Vita?
    How do I see my PS+ Instant Games Collection?
  • rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will keep an eye out for it, cheers.

I have a couple of other issues:

Why can't my PS3 friends see when I'm online with the Vita?
    How do I see my PS+ Instant Games Collection?

They can see you are on the vita but it's not very obvious.

If their friends list is ordered by online status, the people onlne on vita are listed at the bottom below the offline people. But you can't see what they are playing via the ps3 xmb.

To see your currently available ps+ games, go to the store on vita and there is a ps+ section there listing all free and discounted games
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick update on my problem.

I gave Sony a call at the weekend and they couldn't find a solution to the problem so it was passed on to their support team.

I have heard nothing, not even an email to say they are looking into it so i gave them another call today and all I got was that they are still looking into it...

This is not what I call good customer support by any stretch of the imagination, I have technically been missold the Vita with 10 free games as I am unable to play them, and people say digital distribution is the future... pfft
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick update on my problem.

I gave Sony a call at the weekend and they couldn't find a solution to the problem so it was passed on to their support team.

I have heard nothing, not even an email to say they are looking into it so i gave them another call today and all I got was that they are still looking into it...

This is not what I call good customer support by any stretch of the imagination, I have technically been missold the Vita with 10 free games as I am unable to play them, and people say digital distribution is the future... pfft

Mate I told you last week, it probably won't be activated until the release date, which is this Friday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mate I told you last week, it probably won't be activated until the release date, which is this Friday.

Other people I know who bought the same pack codes worked fine. Loads of people online (and in forums) also who bought the code also worked so that is not the issue!

The guy on the phone told me he bought the pack and it worked fine for him and he didn't understand why my code couldn't be added to my account.

I don't seem to be alone though, I have encountered various other people who's codes don't work.

It's not acceptable to sell a product that clearly doesn't work as expected, in fact it's against the trading standards act to do so, which is who I will be going In to see if its not corrected by the weekend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other people I know who bought the same pack codes worked fine. Loads of people online (and in forums) also who bought the code also worked so that is not the issue!

The guy on the phone told me he bought the pack and it worked fine for him and he didn't understand why my code couldn't be added to my account.

I don't seem to be alone though, I have encountered various other people who's codes don't work.

It's not acceptable to sell a product that clearly doesn't work as expected, in fact it's against the trading standards act to do so, which is who I will be going In to see if its not corrected by the weekend.

Who's currently dealing with it? I'd go to Game and speak to them.

Mine will be arriving tomorrow so I hope my code works lol

I went for the same offer as you - online it was £159.99 with a code.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's currently dealing with it? I'd go to Game and speak to them.

Mine will be arriving tomorrow so I hope my code works lol

I went for the same offer as you - online it was £159.99 with a code.

Sony are currently dealing with it. The guy said the code was valid but for some reason cannot be added to my account.

If its still not sorted by the weekend I will pop into game and get another code to see if it helps. If not I'm not really sure what I can do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sony are currently dealing with it. The guy said the code was valid but for some reason cannot be added to my account.

If its still not sorted by the weekend I will pop into game and get another code to see if it helps. If not I'm not really sure what I can do.

It'll get sorted. They won't just leave you with a non working code.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll get sorted. They won't just leave you with a non working code.

It's the hold up and lack of communication that annoys me, I'm unsure why they didn't just manually mark the games as purchased on my account or just give me a code for each game.

It's lucky I have PS+ so I at least have some games to play ATM.
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd go back to game personally and kick up there.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GAME sold it to you so it's their responsibility to sort it out. You should always go back to the vendor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    GAME sold it to you so it's their responsibility to sort it out. You should always go back to the vendor.

Yes I am aware of this but when I phoned Sony the guy said that my code was valid and should work. He didn't understand why it couldn't be added to my account and support have apparently been looking Into the problem since Monday.

If I get another code from game I'm not sure it would make any difference, however I will try this tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am aware of this but when I phoned Sony the guy said that my code was valid and should work. He didn't understand why it couldn't be added to my account and support have apparently been looking Into the problem since Monday.

If I get another code from game I'm not sure it would make any difference, however I will try this tomorrow.

A new code would work though - maybe just a duff one you got?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A new code would work though - maybe just a duff one you got?

As I previously said when I phoned Sony the guy checked the code and said it was valid but when he tried to apply it to my account it was throwing up an error (as it was with me).

Having said that I will try another code as at least I can then rule that out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A quick update.

I went into game and they refuse to do anything, they said the code is valid and the fact it cannot be added to my PSN account isn't their problem...

I gave Sony another call and the guy told me that there is no need for me to keep phoning as they will get in touch with me when they have a solution, which at this point they don't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A quick update.

I went into game and they refuse to do anything, they said the code is valid and the fact it cannot be added to my PSN account isn't their problem...

I gave Sony another call and the guy told me that there is no need for me to keep phoning as they will get in touch with me when they have a solution, which at this point they don't.

Sony will sort it, they're good with things like this.

Worst comes to the worst, just send all the info to head office. I did that when I wanted a refund for COD Elite and they refunded me within a few weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sony will sort it, they're good with things like this.

Worst comes to the worst, just send all the info to head office. I did that when I wanted a refund for COD Elite and they refunded me within a few weeks.

I hope so, it does however point out the issue with digital distribution. If this was a card with the 10 games on it there wouldn't be an issue.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A quick update.

It's GAME's problem whether they like it or not, they're the vendor so it's their responsibility. Just because the dolt behind the register doesn't understand that doesn't make it any less a key part of the Sale of Goods Act.

Try to call GAME head office or better still write to them - quote the Act, say you want a full replacement or refund within 7 working days or you'll take them to court. They WILL reply and quickly as the people up there will know the law. The people in the shops don't.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    mojobrew wrote: »
    It's GAME's problem whether they like it or not, they're the vendor so it's their responsibility. Just because the dolt behind the register doesn't understand that doesn't make it any less a key part of the Sale of Goods Act.

Try to call GAME head office or better still write to them - quote the Act, say you want a full replacement or refund within 7 working days or you'll take them to court. They WILL reply and quickly as the people up there will know the law. The people in the shops don't.

However, we are told by head office to notify every customer any form of digital product - PSN, XBL or Steam is non-refundable and non-exchangeable on the basis we do not produce the codes - they are delivered instantly from Sony, Valve and Microsoft.

Oh, and i work in GAME and I studied Law;)