Crysis 3

ritchritch Posts: 2,566
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else looking forward to this? Just started the series as could never get my PC to run Crysis! Great action FPS I thought, does what its meant to and offers a more open gaming arena compared to the usual corridor shooters. Not very long but I don’t mind a quick FPS fix as long as its a quality experience. On to Warhead next then should be finished with Crysis 2 before the third one comes out next month.

Not read much about 3 but I am getting the vibe that people are complaining it may not be as open as the original. Will be interesting to see what approach they have taken, whether it will be more of a tech demo or a well thought out game.

Comments

• ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original Crysis wasn't that open. Certainly not to the extent of something like GTA, Infamous or Just Cause 2. In the first level, there were a couple of drop off points where you couldn't return after you had passed them. You could explore a lot of the terrain but there was very little to do so the openess was pointless.

I'm looking forward to Crysis 3, although I heard that the suit will be talking to you a lot more than in Crysis 2.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its certainly not open world by any stretch, and am still not sure why many tag it with that label, but the play areas are large which I found pretty cool personally. I found I was approaching enemies from different points in the map. Yeah some areas where barren I guess but I just took it for what it was. To me there are a load of open world games that seem pointless, GTA4 was a nice shiny engine with pointless stuff to do in my opinion but that’s another subject I guess. Hoping Crysis 3 gets the balance right and give the player a few options.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got round to Crysis Warhead (bought the Maximum Edition a few years ago). I started Crysis on PC but stopped when I got to the Navy ship (which happened to be the last level).

I got the Platinum trophy on the PS3 version, which is when I found out how close to the end I was on PC. I was hoping that Crytek would port Warhead to console as I would rather play it on PS3. I may just have to suck it up and play it on PC at some point.
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played Crysis 1 on my laptop recently and it was not bad. Really enjoyed Crysis 2 on the PS3 and really looking forward to Crysis 3. I enjoy the stories and the tech involved in the game.

:) Mark
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous price for a PC game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Conroy wrote: »
    I haven't got round to Crysis Warhead (bought the Maximum Edition a few years ago). I started Crysis on PC but stopped when I got to the Navy ship (which happened to be the last level).

I got the Platinum trophy on the PS3 version, which is when I found out how close to the end I was on PC. I was hoping that Crytek would port Warhead to console as I would rather play it on PS3. I may just have to suck it up and play it on PC at some point.

Warhead is great, it's like a refined version of Crysis 1, it complements the main game very well. If you enjoyed the other Crysis games then you'll definitely enjoy Warhead.
    boxx wrote: »

I've been wondering why it seems more expensive than other PC games, it's still cheaper than the console versions though so I can't really complain (currently got it on pre order for £32 from Amazon). I wouldn't really say it was a "ridiculous" price though, unless you're meaning the RRP on Origin, but I'd never actually buy a game off of there anyway, at least not while they're charging those silly prices...
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Warhead was great fun, that with Crysis is some decent gameplay. I liked physco as well, he was much better to play than Nomad. looking forward to playing 2 and 3 back to back!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 485
    Forum Member

http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3/buy

55 quid lol

Just wait 2/ 3 months and it'll be 20 on steam.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The open beta for this is out today on the Xbox dunno about the ps3
    Forum Member
    http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3/buy

55 quid lol

Just wait 2/ 3 months and it'll be 20 on steam.

Doubt it, it'll probably be a year or so after release that Crysis 3 appears on Steam, EA games are no longer carried on Steam until all of their DLC has been released, something about EA not liking Steam's way of charging for DLC (in other words, EA want to charge a ridiculous amount on their own digital distribution platform without having any digital competition...).

Crysis 2 was one of the last EA games to be released on release day on Steam, it was yanked from Steam after a couple of weeks and didn't reappear until Crysis 2: Maximum Edition with all the DLC was released about 12 months later.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Anyone played the Beta?

Didn't like Crysis but I did enjoy the sequel. From what I've seen of this it's looking pretty sweet, even if it is incredibly unoriginal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me didnt like it :0 bit boring if u ask me but then it is a beta so not really gonna complain about it.

Flood mode in halo does it better than hunter mode.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People play the MP in Crysis?
    Forum Member
    Just discovered that they aren't supporting any graphics cards that aren't DirectX 11 capable, so that's my preorder cancelled. I'm not shelling out for a new graphics card just for one game, especially when my current DirectX 10 card is still running things on high settings on every other game. Daft decision by Crytek, especially when the game clearly runs at sub-DX11 settings due to its existence on consoles...
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Anyone played the Beta?

Didn't like Crysis but I did enjoy the sequel. From what I've seen of this it's looking pretty sweet, even if it is incredibly unoriginal.

Looks pretty but I was done witrh it so quickly. I doubt the MP will get much of a following based on what we've seen.
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Just discovered that they aren't supporting any graphics cards that aren't DirectX 11 capable, so that's my preorder cancelled. I'm not shelling out for a new graphics card just for one game, especially when my current DirectX 10 card is still running things on high settings on every other game. Daft decision by Crytek, especially when the game clearly runs at sub-DX11 settings due to its existence on consoles...

Agree, crazy decision. Anyone have a link explaining why?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded it on the PS3, the game looks like ass. Horrible graphics.

Runs smoothly, but looks terrible.

Played OK, menus are not very user friendly and there's too much information all over the place, I've not played Crysis before and I had no idea what I was doing.
    Forum Member
    Agree, crazy decision. Anyone have a link explaining why?

I dont have a link, but while i was trawling the MyCrysis forums last night to confirm that they wouldn't be supporting DX9/10 cards the general consensus seemed to be that Crytek wanted to create the best looking game possible and that allocating resources to DX9/10 settings wasn't worth the effort. It's ironic that everyone kicked off when Crysis 2 shipped with only DX9 settings, and now they've gone completely the other way...they're alienating more people by not supporting older DirectX versions though than they were when it didn't have DX11 settings.

I'm actually really annoyed by this, it's a damn good thing i tried to play the PC Beta last night otherwise i would have ended up buying the PC version which i wouldn't have been able to play. Apparently it looks terrible on consoles too (i'm downloading the 360 beta right now to see for myself), it's not even comparable to the lowest PC setting from what i've read.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Enjoying the beta on PS3, kicked a car into 2 dudes, very satisfying.

Graphics not the best, but game play wise its pretty cool
    Forum Member
    Just played the 360 beta and it really does look crap, poor textures, infrequently dodgy frame rate, and loads of pop in (the distant city in the background on the airport level looks like something out of the original Doom!).

I was going to order the 360 version since my graphics card isn't up to the task, but having played it i'm just going to wait until i get a new graphics card in a few months, for a game like Crysis you should be playing it as best you can as the graphics are half of the fun (from a spectacle perspective), but the console versions look atrocious. I don't even get how it can look THAT naff when games like Halo 4 and Uncharted 3 manage to get the best out of the respective systems and look infinitely better. We need the new consoles, sooner rather than later, because this game really shows up their age.
    Forum Member
    I'll you something I am impressed with about this game and that's the title screen music, outstanding stuff and more than a little reminiscent of Metroid Prime, but that doesn't matter. It really sets the tone for what hopefully will be an atmospheric single player experience.

You can listen to it here
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Must say, I'm finding Crysis 3 a bit irritating so far.

I'm not very far in but I seem to have a habit of finding myself further ahead that the game thinks I should be and, as a result, I keep walking into baddies as they spawn.

In the rail yard I was creeping along when 3 or 4 Cell soldiers spawned right in front of me.
    Later on, in the abandoned buildings, I jumped up to the 3rd floor to grab some goodies, nobody was about so I uncloaked and then got riddled with bullets by 3 Cell soldiers who spawned all around me and then, just after that, when the Ceph first put in an appearance, I was in the process of flanking the existing group when another patrol spawned right in front of me.

Damned sloppy game design IMO. :(

It certainly looks impressive and maybe it'll improve later on but at the moment it's just "creep...kill...creep...kill...". Rinse and repeat.
    You've got a big choice of weapons and tactics but you don't actually need to use many of them when you can usually just succeed by doing stealth kills and sniper shots.

Crysis 2 was one of the only FPSs (along with HL2) which, after finishing, I immediately played through again simply because it was so much fun but I can't see C3 generating the same enjoyment.
    Forum Member
    So I picked this up today in Morrisons for £25 new along with Dante's Inferno for £7 (new and sealed, which I thought was weird to see!)

Liking Crysis 3, lovely graphics, remind me of Killzone 3 a bit. The feel of the guns is just great though, probably not the best time for me to be buying more games with Bioshock Infinite, State of Decay and Far Cry 3 on the go but hey, you gotta snap these things up when you see them. I'm gonna try and get a few of these games completed over the weekend. I'm impressed with it, I did enjoy Crysis 2 also.

Bit random I know but any opinions on Dante's Inferno? Is it an ok game? I was interested as I read kt was 60fps with smooth combat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I picked this up today in Morrisons for £25 new along with Dante's Inferno for £7 (new and sealed, which I thought was weird to see!)

Liking Crysis 3, lovely graphics, remind me of Killzone 3 a bit. The feel of the guns is just great though, probably not the best time for me to be buying more games with Bioshock Infinite, State of Decay and Far Cry 3 on the go but hey, you gotta snap these things up when you see them. I'm gonna try and get a few of these games completed over the weekend. I'm impressed with it, I did enjoy Crysis 2 also.

Bit random I know but any opinions on Dante's Inferno? Is it an ok game? I was interested as I read kt was 60fps with smooth combat.

Crysis 3 hunter edition has been £19.99 new in game all week :p no idea about dantes inferno sorry
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Crysis 3 hunter edition has been £19.99 new in game all week :p no idea about dantes inferno sorry

Yeh, THANKS!! for that. At least mine came new in wrapping unlike Game's idea of what's new.

What have i missed out on in the "Hunter's Edition"?