The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    No one on here has said that Harvey's conditions are caused by his mothers behaviour when pregnant. It is possible.

But is it right to say its possible? Absolutely. It could be be a contributing factor. Like it or not. KP fans can choose to ignore it to suit their own agenda but it is what it is.

No one is attacking Harvey. It's being pointed out time and time again the criticism is aimed at his mother. But yet it seems if you dare to criticise "mother of the year " Jordan for behaving like a drunken slapper whilst pregnant, you are scum. I wonder what going on the lash whilst pregnant makes you by that logic? But sadly no doubt to KP fans that was another "mistake" :rolleyes:

No using a child's disabilities to attack his mother makes you scum .. That woman in media today did just that.. ..
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No using a child's disabilities to attack his mother makes you scum .. That woman in media today did just that.. ..

*facepalm* :D
  • KayteJKayteJ Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Most of Harveys problems COULD be caused by drinking when pregnant.

Autism - http://www.scotsman.com/news/health/expert-links-autism-to-mothers-drinking-1-1427533

ADHD - http://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/guide/adhd-causes

and the latest diagnosis of Oppositional Defiant Disorder COULD be caused by drinking when pregnant.

''Women who use alcohol during the third trimester are more likely to have children with behavioral problems such as attention deficit disorder or oppositional defiance disorder''' http://www.ehow.com/facts_5037593_effects-after-first-trimester-pregnancy.html

Now i'm not saying that KP caused all of these conditions, just it COULD have been a factor.

Either way, drinking when pregnant isn't a good idea, just incase!
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I haven't read the story you are talking about.

You don't get the point Betty with all the respect in the world. I don't think anyone on this thread is attacking her. But she does deserve to be criticised for her behaviour. I resent being told that makes you scum. What she did was vile, selfish and just plain wrong. If she doesn't want the public to comment on her behaviour, she should stop being a media **** and live her life in private.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *facepalm* :D

:confused: I have no idea what that means
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harvey Price's disabilities are septo-optic dysplasia, which causes blindness and growth hormone deficiency; Prader-Willi syndrome, a genetic disorder that means he is likely to eat to excess and is prone to obesity and diabetes; as well as ADHD and autism. .

I do believe that he has recently been diagnosed with more disorders.

http://www.pwsa.co.uk/index.php/what-is-pws

The following is taken from The Prader-Willi Syndrome Association website:

Why does PWS happen?
    If your baby has just received a new diagnosis of PWS you might be feeling upset and confused. Or, if you have an older child, you might have just got the answer to years of not understanding why they seem a little different from their peers. You may be asking, why has my child got PWS?

It is important to know that a diagnosis of PWS is not your fault. Chromosomes come in pairs, and PWS is simply due to the baby failing to receive active paternal genes from a specific section of one chromosome 15. There are three main ways that this can happen.

• If your child has a ‘deletion’ (about 70% of all cases of PWS) it means that part of the chromosome 15 inherited from the child’s father is missing.

• If your child has ‘maternal uniparental disomy (UPD)’ (about 25% of cases) it means they have taken both copies of chromosome 15 from one parent — the mother.

• If you are told that your child has an ‘imprinting defect’ (less than 5% of cases) it means that the ‘PWS genes’ on the father’s chromosome 15 are present but do not work because the imprinting process is faulty. (Further testing and genetic counselling are especially important for families who have a child with an imprinting defect.)

Neither deletion nor UPD types of PWS are hereditary and neither type is likely to reoccur in the family.

My intention is to show that at least ONE of Harvey's disabilities is genetic.

And I'm not arguing against that. My post was a response to BB stating that KP has stated her doctor has told her that nothing she did whilst pregnant could have caused any of Harveys conditions.
    Whilst Harvey does have problems which are genetic, I do not think any doctor could have told her conclusively that her alleged drinking and possible use of other substances whilst pregnant were 100% not a factor in any way to any of his health problems.
    Unlike others on here, I haven;t stated that I think she did contribute to his problems just that I don't think any doctor could be in a position to tell her categorically that she didn't.

But, as Lexi has said, not sure how innocuous post in the middle of a running battle seems to have been the one singled out. :confused:

*Edited to add that I've just seen your other post and, yes, I did think you were lecturing me tbh but I've now seen your explanation and fully understand :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't read the story you are talking about.

You don't get the point Betty with all the respect in the world. I don't think anyone on this thread is attacking her. But she does deserve to be criticised for her behaviour. I resent being told that makes you scum. What she did was vile, selfish and just plain wrong. If she doesn't want the public to comment on her behaviour, she should stop being a media **** and live her life in private.

Here you go Goldbear. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2298240/Katie-Price-slams-glamour-model-vile-slur-accusing-taking-drugs-pregnant-disabled-son-Harvey.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I thought Pricey didn't do drugs, didn't she nearly get tempted when she was with PA but he flushed them down the loo before she could. I am sure that's what she said in one of her many autobiographies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.:)

Now I have heard that story before. I'm not suggesting there's any truth in it. But I've read it before I'm certain of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.:)

Now I have heard that story before. I'm not suggesting there's any truth in it. But I've read it before I'm certain of it.

This only happened in the last couple of days though. I don't suppose this woman's the first one who's had a go at her over her alleged drinking whilst pregnant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This only happened in the last couple of days though. I don't suppose this woman's the first one who's had a go at her over her alleged drinking whilst pregnant.

She didn't say drinking ..she said drugs ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't mean from that particular woman. But I've read similar stories in the past. The problem is there's plenty of pictures/evidence to show that Jordan was partying heavily whilst pregnant. With that in mind I don't think anyone can say for 100% certain it had no affect on her child. But people will read what they want to read.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean from that particular woman. But I've read similar stories in the past. The problem is there's plenty of pictures/evidence to show that Jordan was partying heavily whilst pregnant. With that in mind I don't think anyone can say for 100% certain it had no affect on her child. But people will read what they want to read.

...and of course, if she'd never been papped boozing whilst pregnant, nobody would pass comments on Harvey.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if Price will sue
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and of course, if she'd never been papped boozing whilst pregnant, nobody would pass comments on Harvey.

No probably not. Is the same if touch wood she falls and has an accident on her horse and her child is affected. People will criticise for riding whilst pregnant. She's taking a chance there. And if she doesn't want the criticism either don't do it it or she should stop living her life in the media. But I think the latter would be a fate worse than death for the Pwicey;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Harvey's disabilities did prove to be totally genetic, Dwight Yorke's genes played a part too, not just KP's.....
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    And I'm not arguing against that. My post was a response to BB stating that KP has stated her doctor has told her that nothing she did whilst pregnant could have caused any of Harveys conditions.
    Whilst Harvey does have problems which are genetic, I do not think any doctor could have told her conclusively that her alleged drinking and possible use of other substances whilst pregnant were 100% not a factor in any way to any of his health problems.
    Unlike others on here, I haven;t stated that I think she did contribute to his problems just that I don't think any doctor could be in a position to tell her categorically that she didn't.

But, as Lexi has said, not sure how innocuous post in the middle of a running battle seems to have been the one singled out. :confused:

*Edited to add that I've just seen your other post and, yes, I did think you were lecturing me tbh but I've now seen your explanation and fully understand :)

No problem, easily misunderstood when discussion isn't face to face :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sadly I have to disagree..there is always someone willing to comment on others no matter what .. A sad fact of life
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly I have to disagree..there is always someone willing to comment on others no matter what .. A sad fact of life

Well, you would wouldn't you? :D

If KP doesn't want comments she should shut up maybe and withdraw from public life. Every bit of criticism she gets is brought upon herself, and that includes speculation about the whys and wherefores of Harvey's disabilities.

BTW, it's a bit ironic that you moan about people commenting, as you appear to do it just as much as anyone else on here.
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Baiting isn't allowed on here Jenna ;)
    It isn't baiting though & I have read the terms & conditions thoroughly & would never indulge in baiting.
    You declared that people/someone on this thread stated as fact that KP caused H's condition with her lifestyle while carrying him. You stated in post number 640......
    Betty Britain;64963126]Again Goldbear the word is COULD ..yet some on here insist it is FACT ..

.............if you make a statement like that then you should back it up with quotes to justify the accusation.

In which post was this "insisted as fact " please ?
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    Again Goldbear the word is COULD ..yet some on here insist it is FACT .. I believe his condition is genetic.
    Also how do you know if Katie wouldn't cope .. I find it pathetic she is slated or having help.. Thousands of families get support with their disabled children.. Having money is a bonus as Katie can afford the best. And has often said so..also when a family is faced with this situation a lot help them out..that's the right thing to do surely..
    Families get rest bite care so they can have family time with their other children whilst someone specifically trained looks after their disabled child ..
    No she didn't . She made a statement about something she heard about KP . If you state something as fact in front of witnesses then you need to back it up. KP will have her legal team on it asap.....and quite right too in this instance. If it was stated so bluntly as fact then the woman needs to justify the accusation or face the consequences.
    Personally I doubt KP used drugs. I think drink is more her drug of choice & her downfall. But that is just my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Wonder if Price will sue

www.twitter.com/katiegreenmodel

Katiegreenmodel
    Daily Mail are the sick ones.
    Daily Mail are the ones making it appear like that. Never mentioned his disabilities so I'm equally furious.

I'm not going to sit back and let the Daily Mail put words into my mouth. My comment was certainly was not implying that her rumoured actions created the issues her son has now, but yet again the Mail decided to add that bit in for a better reaction. As a fund-raiser and ambassador of a children's charity, I would NEVER make comments like that surrounding an autistic child. I'm hurt and upset that this has been so dramatised. Beyond upset that a Daily Mail journalists personal 'assumptions' have been made to look like they came from me. Commenting on this further won't help things. I'm off to work and hope the false things in the article are taken down by the time I finish.

Katie green retweet a coment from someone else:
    she (Katie green) commented on her morals of hard partying whilst pregnant NOT the causes of Harvey's condition d#ckhead

Seems the Daily Mail have used artistic license once again. And now Katie Green is being attacked on twitter.

Lesson in this: do not believe everything newspapers writes.
    And for Katie Price management: find out the truth first before commenting.
    Katie Green could in fact be the one that sue newspaper.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what guys?:(

I criticise the Abomination constantly but its 99% harmless.
    I cannot be bothered with KP 99% of the time.

Now and again this forum really angers me and this is one of those times.:mad::mad:

Leave Harvey out of it and directing venom towards his mum because he has difficulties totally infuriates me.

Is there really a family in this country who doesn't have/know of a child with problems?

How dare any of you sit in judgement?:mad::mad::mad:
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    I was told once that PWS is responsible for the break up of more families than any other syndrome, with H other issues to deal with as well, hes turned out to be a real credit to his family :)

I'm not surprised at that, it's such an awful condition. And as you say, with all the other disabilities Harvey has, he is a credit to his family.

I remember that article in the Guardian from last year. It was sweet to read that while Amy Price was away for the three months working with slum children in Goa, Harvey learned to use his knife and fork correctly. Such a big hurdle for a boy like him.

Chromosomes........
This discussion has been closed.