Anyone else annoyed with the Pippa Middleton coverage?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
Forum Member
✭✭✭
WHY on earth are the media trying to make her 'happen' and be some sort of 'it' girl. I really could not care less about her. I'm sure she is a nice person and I think she did a great job at the wedding but I do not need to hear about her whereabouts on a daily/weekly basis. It is getting very tiresome.

Some coverage here and there about Kate is different because she is a Princess now and the Duchess of Cambridge but Pippa? No!!

Comments

• hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, rather annoyed by it, but hey ho it sells magazines and that is the publishers end game.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not much different to all the relatives of the Rooneys cropping up trying to be superstars, as they did when Coleen got married, but I think Pippa isn't actually courting it whereas they were.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Yes, I'm annoyed with it as well, ok she's a reasonably attractive girl, but all the fuss and constant reporting with what she is doing and where she is going is annoying me, the wedding is over now go away!

It's like the press are realising they can't turn Catherine into some media star as easily as Princess Diana as she's keeping in the background for now, so they are going for the next possible bet which is Pippa.
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The media are short on stories - using Philippa to sell papers is a very cheap way to do it. She seems nice enough, also does not need to be a party girl for the media - they need her though.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's because seeing as though she looked incredibly sexy at her sister's wedding, they've realised that lads will likely want to see more of her.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you like anything?
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    The media are short on stories - using Philippa to sell papers is a very cheap way to do it. She seems nice enough, also does not need to be a party girl for the media - they need her though.

She`s on the front page of at least two daily newspapers today ...... hope she`s prepared for all this hounding from the press :(
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that it is predictable and yes it is 'annoying.'
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not annoyed by it, easy to ignore
  • FaithInElizaFaithInEliza Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piece in the Observer this weekend about the media's infatuation with her.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2011/may/15/debate-pippa-middleton-frostrup-oriordan

It irritates me, they are being all holier than thou and leaving William and Catherine alone, and hounding Phillipa.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »

Exactly. And I doubt she wants the media to report on her "whereabouts on a daily/weekly basis" either. If it is getting tiresome for you, think about how tiresome and intruding it is for her.
  • Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel a bit sorry for her, because she will want to return to some kind of normality. Her sister is married to Prince William, so that is always going to make her stand out, but she still needs to be able to get on with her life, and do a job without having to deal with the nonsense.

I thought it was funny at first, not least because she was't trying to court it, while certain talentless desperadoes will try all kinds of publicity stunts. I could imagine certain people who needn't be named reading their morning papers, hoping for coverage of their latest stunt, only to find the papers and magazines more interested in that pretty girl who hasn't even had a boob job! :D

I must confess though, that I've not actually read most of it. I've seen the odd headline and magazine covers, but if it is true that some quarters are getting nasty, that's totally out of order. It's not something she signed up for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I think that it is predictable and yes it is 'annoying.'

I agree.
    dd68 wrote: »

Perhaps not for her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is annoying, I predict within a year we will have seen her face on every magazine daily just like Cheryl Cole. And I'm sure she didn't ask for the press to document her every move and make her out to be a new "it" girl, and she may not like it either.
  • lipglosslipgloss Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel for her, her sister married a rich bloke so the press decide to publish pics of her on holiday. She looks fab but as a private person who dosent appear to be courting the press at all its a pretty awful invasion of privacy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    I agree, I feel sorry that she has to deal with what I assume is unwanted press intrusion.

I am hoping that it will fizzle out and soon.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »
    WHY on earth are the media trying to make her 'happen' and be some sort of 'it' girl. I really could not care less about her. I'm sure she is a nice person and I think she did a great job at the wedding but I do not need to hear about her whereabouts on a daily/weekly basis. It is getting very tiresome.

Some coverage here and there about Kate is different because she is a Princess now and the Duchess of Cambridge but Pippa? No!!

It is annoying, especially as she is nowhere are 'hot' as the media are trying to make out, but the one positive I can take is that if it keeps Jordan Price out of the limelight for a month or so, it can't be such a bad thing after all.;)
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't feel the need to hear about the Middletons on a daily basis just because of their new-found connections.

Kate seems like the nicest of the bunch but I'm not so sure about the rest of her family, particularly the mother and sister. Pippa seems to be a bit of a social climber so I would guess she has achieved her prerogative and is probably enjoying the attention at the moment.

Pippa's an attractive girl but not the 'beauty' the media are trying to cultivate. She possesses the steely-eyed, sly look of the mother. IMO anyway. :D
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piece in the Observer this weekend about the media's infatuation with her.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theobserver/2011/may/15/debate-pippa-middleton-frostrup-oriordan

It irritates me, they are being all holier than thou and leaving William and Catherine alone, and hounding Phillipa.

i think she will like the press hounding her. she clearly is very ambitious. I read one article where it said she might ditch her fella for more because she thinks she could do better now she is "famous"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think she is more sharp and ambitious than Kate. Kate seems to want the quiet life whereas Pippa *maybe* wants to be a press darling.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,923
    Forum Member
    Because of the bum shot on TV the press feel she is fair game?
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    i think she will like the press hounding her. she clearly is very ambitious. I read one article where it said she might ditch her fella for more because she thinks she could do better now she is "famous"
    That to me sounds like the media trying to stir. The media have taken more notice of Pippa since the wedding but Pippa has been Kate's sister forever and if she was looking for a high flyer, I'm sure she could've found one before now. It's not like the people in Kate's circle will have just become aware of Pippa because the media have decided to try and make her into the next "it" girl.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,923
    Forum Member
    Elizabeth & Margaret

Diana & Fergie

Katherine & Pippa

Same old press?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only difference I can see since the wedding is that she has come to the notice of the tabloids/red tops.

A couple of years ago The Tatler voted her the No. 1 singleton... so in the circles in which she moves she has always been known.

It has been reported that she thinks she wants to start her own Party Planning business. In which case, she is prolly happy (at least for the mo) for the free publicity.
  • blacksuit42blacksuit42 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »

Just saying... she's not a Princess now, she's only Duchess of Cambridge etc.etc.