Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    It's Moon River :D

Awful ad, the girl looks scary :eek:

The good news with this one is you get an intro to mute the sound before she starts singing.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG The Phones4U advert with the 'Upgrading girlfriend' thing, has got to be so sexist.

Some one should sue them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tax doesnt have to be taxing.

Yes it does you stupid idiot why do you think its called income Tax!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dont even yet what they mean why have cotton when you can have silk. Whats that supposed to mean.

She looks so fake.
  • thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I keep getting the names wrong :D:D:D
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering if the Galaxy ad is an older advert thats been repeated, because "Why have cotton when you can have silk?" is a slogan that goes back to the 80's at least.
    I dont mind the ad because its a lovely song :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the Galaxy ad is an older advert thats been repeated, because "Why have cotton when you can have silk?" is a slogan that goes back to the 80's at least.
    I dont mind the ad because its a lovely song :)

Just researched it, and apparently it's an advert from 2010. So, not really that old. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhggghhh! A new advert starring Gino D' Acampo (I think it's for mattresses for beds, but I have no idea what Gino has to do with that.) Gino annoys me! Has anyone else seen it?
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Renault Captur advert "we want to store life", the beginning of it just sounds like a spoof advert. Pretentious beyond belief.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    I dont even yet what they mean why have cotton when you can have silk. Whats that supposed to mean.

She looks so fake.

Silk makes me sweat so I would rather have cotton while eating Galaxy :D

This will explain the ad. there is a video of how it was all made but cannot find it at the moment.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CEkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2283876%2FAudreys--chocoholic-Hepburn-returns-big-screens-new-Galaxy-advert.html&ei=W5rzUb_9FcrK0QX0_4HoBg&usg=AFQjCNH-ydRx1jR63nP6WnZYAs8gd_lE5g&sig2=8HoHTbqzde2XIJscTwhhOA&bvm=bv.49784469,d.d2k

And I think we can see she looks nothing like the real AH :mad:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member

I do that too even tho it sounds right when I post it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do that too even tho it sounds right when I post it :D

:D:D:D:D:D
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG The Phones4U advert with the 'Upgrading girlfriend' thing, has got to be so sexist.

Some one should sue them.

Oh it's OK the advert isn't sexist as they have a Female one too.

Only the woman doesn't have violence happen to her unlike the male one. :rolleyes:

And both of them objectify people anyway.
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have to say thismornungfan, "Born River" did make me chuckle...thanks!
    Keep 'em coming! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Yorkie ad really bugs me how he is struggling with the shopping to put the key in the door and that lazy b*tch just sits there and looks at him as if shes she doesnt care.

Just pick the bags up and throw them at her face and then see if she gives that stupid look.
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    This is sorta cheating since it's actually a radio ad, but there's a ad for
    Harvey Norman on Irish radio. The ad mentions Abraham Lincoln and Martin
    Luther King's famous speeches.....and then boasts neither
    of them reached as big
    as an audience as the Harvey Norman ads.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, because selling tacky furniture isn't anywhere near as important
    as fighting slavery and racism.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I used to enjoy Alexander the meerkat , his last effort is cringeworthy . He cannot sing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D I haven't seen that one on the TV yet. No doubt now I've posted about it here I will. :p:p

Somebody please punch her and shut her hole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rogcal wrote: »
    Why are they still running that moronic Green Flag advert.

Are there idiots out there who actually believe that Green Flag are any better than the other vehicle rescue organisations because of this advert?

I hope not for our sakes.

Idiots driving cars is a recipe for disaster!

That advert is so dumb.

Oh so some idiot has broken down so they make a big song and dance about making it sould as if its a news worthy item with the media worrying if he ll get back for tv.

So what HES BLOODY BROKE DOWN! Big deal its not the end of the world.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst thing about the Green Flag advert is that after a few showings they had to add the words "THIS IS AN ADVERT" - as if anyone would think something like a broken down car would be worthy of a headline news item lol

oh and not sure if anyone else has noticed this but the confused.com advert with the two in the car has been redited so they are now just kissing rather than the original version (guess they had too many complaints lol)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody please punch her and shut her hole.

Sorry, :D I just have a lot of adverts I am annoyed about. When I say a lot, I mean a lot :D:D
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My God! James Nesbitt needs to go away now I never could stand his "I'm a nice lovely Irish guy" guise he is so annoying on every advert he is doing the only saving grace is he seems to have replaced annoying Craig Kelly.

What is it with advert makers using the same people for different ads.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst thing about the Green Flag advert is that after a few showings they had to add the words "THIS IS AN ADVERT" - as if anyone would think something like a broken down car would be worthy of a headline news item lol

oh and not sure if anyone else has noticed this but the confused.com advert with the two in the car has been redited so they are now just kissing rather than the original version (guess they had too many complaints lol)

Got a link to the edited version? (I like to laugh at their bad editing :D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I hate the nacho burger advert
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an advert been shown mostly on Channel 5 tonight (I believe its a scottish ad for - careful driving)

one kid sings - the wheels on the car go ..... :rolleyes: and at the end of the ad .... it says what driver will you be in the future ... its annoying already get it OFF!!
This discussion has been closed.