Waterloo Road Series 8 Discussion Thread 23/08/2012

Comments

• PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    tigragirl wrote: »
    I miss the Kelly's, I wish Tom and Rose's relationship had worked.
    It is getting rather silly now but I will keep watching for now, not sure I will when Angus Deayton comes into it, depends on the caracter they give him.

Why has Kevin started to be so nasty to Chalky?

Oh I'm definitely gonna be watching when Deayton comes in. That's really gonna be something. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaleHorse wrote: »
    Oh I'm definitely gonna be watching when Deayton comes in. That's really gonna be something. :D

Deayton must be hard up for work. Still i guess anything to pay the bills!
  • cgkcgk Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »

Michael and Chrissie are now closer after that kiss.

I think the chemistry between the two actors is pretty good - only problem is they seem to have given Michael a character transplant - I actually like *this* character but it's not Michael as has already been established (if that makes sense).
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Finn :(
  • PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    Deayton must be hard up for work. Still i guess anything to pay the bills!

Goodness me, it's not that bad.

I mean you're all tuning in every week, so it must be doing something right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i'm not tuning in anymore, i only need to read the spoilers in 'whats on tv' to hear all about boob jobs and afro brothers winning the lottery and all this shit to know i'm better off not tuning in. i gave up for good halfway thru the last lot of 10 episodes but i had stopped watching a few times before that before foolishly giving it another chance. no more chances now though, i'm thru with it!
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,147
    Forum Member
    I watched this week again. want to know how her outta my family got all her money anyone know?
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really can't stand Audrey:mad:
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they hadn't brought the Barrys into it. I can't understand much of what they say, so have to use the subtitles
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they hadn't brought the Barrys into it. I can't understand much of what they say, so have to use the subtitles

And because they have cast the brilliant Zoe lucker, it means thar she will feature in most episodes, which is really good for the actress and im really happy to see her but it doesnt fit in with Waterloo Road. We only would see the parents at home once in a while, the only way they can saviour her is to have her work at the school,but i cant see that happening
  • Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nats18 wrote: »
    I watched this week again. want to know how her outta my family got all her money anyone know?

She got rich through setting up call centres. There was an episode a year or so ago where some of the pupils had a day at one of her centres as work experience.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjw1985 wrote: »
    And it was done in series 4 with Janeece:yawn:the writers clearly have the imagination of a dead woodlouse.

That storyline was necessitated when Chelsee Healey had a boob job.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cgk wrote: »
    I think the chemistry between the two actors is pretty good - only problem is they seem to have given Michael a character transplant - I actually like *this* character but it's not Michael as has already been established (if that makes sense).

I don't know about that - ineffectual **** who accomplishes nothing but shagging an endless series of teachers; sounds pretty much like Michael as he's always been.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That storyline was necessitated when Chelsee Healey had a boob job.

well whatever. the point is how many times do they need to repeat the boob job storyline? its crap once, let alone 3 or 4 times. this show just repeats itself over and over and to make it worse the stuff its repeating wasn't even good the first time! this suggests to me a poor writing team with no imagination whatsoever

people still discuss the show as though its actually worth being taken seriously - its been a joke since the second half of series 4! continuity and consistency is non-existent and the whole thing is a disjointed mess and crappy storylines repeated time and again. the first 3 and a half series were good, after that a joke!
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member

I only tune in because it is filmed local to me and I like to spot where they have been and whose house they are filming in etc. If it weren't for that I wouldn't watch at all.
  • GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    For the first time I think I disagree with nearly everyone on this thread. I found the first ten episodes of series eight to be a lot less enticing than normal, I wasn't as hooked- though there were some strong storylines. However- these first three episodes I have LOVED. I'm getting used to the new characters, and really enjoying the storylines that are playing out.

I love the addition of the Barry's every single one of them. I have finally started liking Lorraine and Sonya- and I love Michael and Chrstine's developing relationship.

The only thing I am not enjoying is the change in Nicki's character. I used to really enjoy her but her bullying of Scout is horrid to watch.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big episode tonight , about to start.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Finn :(

So do I and the rest of the old characters.:(
  • far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    Hello all,

don't know why I still bother with this but here we are... :)
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every episode seems to start at this residential home with scout arguing with that red headed girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm - how big is WR supposed to be - and they still don't have full-time IT support?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see tom addressing the wandering teacher issue!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "first one fixed"?

And letting any old guy off the street log in with admin privs? Ouch..
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    Omg just realised Tina off Bad Girls is in this :D