Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ads with Kevin Bacon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The "nah, you're alright" ad is vaguely sinister

It's an advert that celebrates the death of the English language.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I saw one before for toilet rolls - do you scrunch or fold? I think you're suppsoed to vote, what the heck?!:eek:

They seem very keen on knowing don't they?

I might fold one up and post it to Andrex's marketing department in a bit.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe I'm saying this, but 'bring back the Meercat!'. Robert Webb has cornered the market in smug and he's so unfunny. Also, what's with him dancing with the another guy at the end of the ad? Is it thinly veiled homosexuality? Dire.

The meerkats are back. I've just seen a new ad.
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    The meerkats are back. I've just seen a new ad.

Good! One of the few ads that I really don't mind.

To be honest, they've saved us a fair bit of cash with insurance in the past few years :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    The "nah, you're alright" ad is vaguely sinister
    At first I thought it was an advert for child abuse.

Well, not FOR child abuse, ABOUT child abuse.
  • conceptasconceptas Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    They seem very keen on knowing don't they?

I might fold one up and post it to Andrex's marketing department in a bit.

You send a folded one and I'll send a scrunched one .. that'll confuse em' :D
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,667
    Forum Member
    Why is Tena woman wearing the same purple dress for her date with the bloke she flashed at in the lift as she wears for work..... Worse still same knickers too :eek: Dirty mare!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conceptas wrote: »
    You send a folded one and I'll send a scrunched one .. that'll confuse em' :D

I was going for disgust rather than confusion really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    In that annoying postcode lottery ad, apparently there is a winner everyday, yet in small writing underneath it says there are draws up to 5 times a month, so do they pick out a weeks worth?
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mcdonalds "Ya alright" ad
    Sun ad i dont understand what the girl says
    the Aldi ad when theres a kid covered head to toe in mud
  • Mela80Mela80 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Cadbury's egg and spoon advert with the greedy, rude, annoying children who just grab the chocolate egg as soon as the packet opens, no please, no thank you, gobble down their chocolate barely breathing with a pathetic mother just standing there 'mothering'. Welcome to the manner free road of obesity.

The first time I saw it I hated it. I'm sure the above isn't the only reason why but eugh... :mad: I mean fair enough I remember it (which is the point) but not for the 'weird spoon hand man in their drawer that they were extremely rude about'.

Just had to vent so thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are beautiful, inside and out,
    your beautiful there is no doubt,
    oh please **** off you make me shout at your droningggg.

The Muller horse women have dresses on but their moo moo's arent covered as they are at their back end, they are basically flashing, dirty mares (see what i did there).
  • LenzarLenzar Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Still got to be confused.com.

The campaign is as old now as their idea that women still all wear dresses all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Mela80 wrote: »
    The Cadbury's egg and spoon advert with the greedy, rude, annoying children who just grab the chocolate egg as soon as the packet opens, no please, no thank you, gobble down their chocolate barely breathing with a pathetic mother just standing there 'mothering'. Welcome to the manner free road of obesity.

The first time I saw it I hated it. I'm sure the above isn't the only reason why but eugh... :mad: I mean fair enough I remember it (which is the point) but not for the 'weird spoon hand man in their drawer that they were extremely rude about'.

Just had to vent so thanks!

Agreed. :D I don't get that advert at all. It's weird. Would a child really snatch the food, sit at the table and eat those chocolate eggs with a spoon?
    Mum stands their pointlessly watching her rude little darlings.
    And as for the purple man in the drawer, where are his legs. :eek:
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I saw one before for toilet rolls - do you scrunch or fold? I think you're suppsoed to vote, what the heck?!:eek:

I've just seen that advert this morning and I was like :eek:

Is nothing sacred anymore? I really don't want to know what everyone's toilet habits are. It was bad enough being told about "wanting to do a poo at Paul's house". I don't need to be taken through the whole procedure too! :rolleyes:
  • Steve PearceSteve Pearce Posts: 1,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sky Go one with cockney "Dean"..."you don't pay for nuffing"...blindingly obvious. I noticed on the Sky website they changed the wording to the more accurate "you don't pay for anything".
  • Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Why is Tena woman wearing the same purple dress for her date with the bloke she flashed at in the lift as she wears for work..... Worse still same knickers too :eek: Dirty mare!

Has to be this ad - amongst many.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,887
    Forum Member
    Twinings tea that gets you back to being you or something, as presumably before you weren't you, and were living a lie. Cue creepy cartoon twins morphing into one person THEN the bit that really sticks in my clack is the girl singing (can you simper and sing at the same time?)

"If I coo-wid, then I woo-yid.... (simper pathetically etc) .... wey-yeghyur (wherever) you will gehyoooooow (go)"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er, that's the entire point of the advert. If you listen to the voiceover at the same time. It's about kids being all I DEMAND THAT. The advert calls them parasitic. It's the whole point. *facepalm*

Who cares what the kids demand they want to stop being so greedy and spoilt. Earn the damn thing if you want it so much.

Stop sponging off your parents.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wilshire farm foods - the elderly lady Ronnie Corbett is asking about the brand is clearly an actress.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iamsofired wrote: »
    Wilshire farm foods - the elderly lady Ronnie Corbett is asking about the brand is clearly an actress.

Ronnie Corbett: "Why do you like Wiltshire Farm Foods?"

Old Woman: "Well, as a busy actress, in demand for playing old bags in adverts, I rely heavily on Wiltshire Farm Foods as I usually can't be arsed to go down the shops myself and buy a frozen ready meal."

Of course, many genuine housebound elderly people do not have our cynical eye and will take this ad as genuine. Ronnie Corbett and his advertising chums couldn't give a flying toss whether the likes of us believe it. We're not their target audience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mcdonalds "Ya alright" ad
    Sun ad i dont understand what the girl says
    the Aldi ad when theres a kid covered head to toe in mud

BIB At least with January out of the way we wont have to suffer any more until next January
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,128
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote: »
    Twinings tea that gets you back to being you or something, as presumably before you weren't you, and were living a lie. Cue creepy cartoon twins morphing into one person THEN the bit that really sticks in my clack is the girl singing (can you simper and sing at the same time?)

"If I coo-wid, then I woo-yid.... (simper pathetically etc) .... wey-yeghyur (wherever) you will gehyoooooow (go)"

Whenever I hear that song I think of fat women on a sofa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Who cares what the kids demand they want to stop being so greedy and spoilt. Earn the damn thing if you want it so much.

Stop sponging off your parents.
    Oh my god, that's essentially the entire point of the advert. How can you complain about an advert that AGREES with your opinion of people like that?

The advert is SO simple, I don't know how you've managed to miss the whole point of it.
This discussion has been closed.